Author Topic: RIP Joe Weider  (Read 57614 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Joe Weider on life support?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »

Einstein looks to be using the Duchaine principles
Right side of mustache is uneven compared to the left. Loses points for symmetry.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
we all love arnold

who brought him to america?

E
I don't ?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »

i couldnt tell you how many times, the narrow bar and the rack on the bench press pinched my hands when setting down the Bar

Haha yeah I remember that. It's like the rack was exactly where you wanted to grip plus the bar was so short it made it impossible to avoid adjusting the grip to avoid the pinch.  That, the collared bars, useless leg extension that also pinched, thick cement weights or those shit collars you used on the smooth metal bars it seemed like my first mish mash weight set was just one major pain in the ass from top to bottom.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »
Haha yeah I remember that. It's like the rack was exactly where you wanted to grip plus the bar was so short it made it impossible to avoid adjusting the grip to avoid the pinch.  That, the collared bars, useless leg extension that also pinched, thick cement weights or those shit collars you used on the smooth metal bars it seemed like my first mish mash weight set was just one major pain in the ass from top to bottom.

I didn't get pinched on my old bench. The uprights were so narrow that I had to worry about racing to the other side and catching the end of the bar, before it hit the ground.

Eventually, I got smart and just pulled the bar towards me on the side I was unloading first. That kept the bar balanced, so I could go to the other side and unload it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
I didn't get pinched on my old bench. The uprights were so narrow that I had to worry about racing to the other side and catching the end of the bar, before it hit the ground.

Eventually, I got smart and just pulled the bar towards me on the side I was unloading first. That kept the bar balanced, so I could go to the other side and unload it.

Yeah I remember that "pulling over to load" part too. The bar was so light and rack so narrow that even loading a 25 pound weight improperly on one side could cause the whole bar to slingshot over.

I've seen those ones you are talking about though, they were less than shoulder width.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »

I remember 8.8 lb and 14.4 lb plates in the plastic/cement weight set.  Also the plastic sleeve that you slid over the bar to act as the spacer between the plates.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
I remember 8.8 lb and 14.4 lb plates in the plastic/cement weight set.  Also the plastic sleeve that you slid over the bar to act as the spacer between the plates.  

Those were the Orbatron ones I mentioned earlier. I had a bunch of them (the 4 kg ones) and a few 5 kg (11 lb) ones, as well.

Of course, the worst part is when the plastic dry-rots and cracks. Then, you start benching and a chunk of cement falls in your eye.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

The cement weights were just terrible. I am glad that once I started messing around with weights they were pretty much on their way out and then a couple years later it seemed like all you had to do was save up a hundred bucks and you could buy the 300lb olympic weight set with the bar at which point you were really up and running.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
The cement weights were just terrible. I am glad that once I started messing around with weights they were pretty much on their way out and then a couple years later it seemed like all you had to do was save up a hundred bucks and you could buy the 300lb olympic weight set with the bar at which point you were really up and running.
worst were dumbells you put plates on and then collars with the little pins that sometimes u had to tap with a small plate and then still u curl or press and one side completely fall of onto the floor,,,

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »
worst were dumbells you put plates on and then collars with the little pins that sometimes u had to tap with a small plate and then still u curl or press and one side completely fall of onto the floor,,,

Yeah those pins were worthless! Came out at 45 ish degree angle and were impossible to safely secure even with pliers because it just didn't grip well with the smooth end of the bar. A good set of hammer curls were a fantasy with those things.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
:'( :'( :'( :'(

He's lived a good life. Accomplished so much.
WTF you talking about - he was a snake oil salesman - he made a fortune deceiving naive gullible young men and using this guise stole their hard earned money.  Joe was a con man.  Sad how people put these shysters on a pedestal.
V

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

Einstein looks to be using the Duchaine principles

At least he didnt borrow robby's body again.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 02:13:56 AM »

Smokin some weed at 2 am and listening to this for Joe.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2013, 04:34:20 AM »
Get well Joe the Schmoe.

On a serious note, I wish him well - just the name Wieder brings back fond memories of my first wieder weight gain powder and cement filled weights!
:)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 08:33:32 AM »
At least he didnt borrow robby's body again.

Lol. Borrowed somebody elses

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
RIP Joe Weider

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
WTF you talking about - he was a snake oil salesman - he made a fortune deceiving naive gullible young men and using this guise stole their hard earned money.  Joe was a con man.  Sad how people put these shysters on a pedestal.

You might be the most negative person alive
Y

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
Re: RIP Joe Weider
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »
Joe has passed huge event in bodybuilding.
and keep moving!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RIP Joe Weider
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 09:03:18 AM »
 :)
F

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan