Author Topic: question about high voulume  (Read 1402 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
question about high voulume
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:07:19 AM »
hey guys
 im curious, can guys grow from doing sets  in the 20 sets range for like back and chest or is it just like totally overtraing.  iive been doing about 8-12 totall sets. i was thinking about upping it abit.  i also do four days a week and think that i would have time to recover.  what do you guys think?? more or less volume??

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Re: question about high voulume
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:36:54 AM »
hey guys
 im curious, can guys grow from doing sets in the 20 sets range for like back and chest or is it just like totally overtraing. iive been doing about 8-12 totall sets. i was thinking about upping it abit. i also do four days a week and think that i would have time to recover. what do you guys think?? more or less volume??

I think that I understand (your point) - clarification
<from doing sets in the 20 sets range>
do you mean sets in the 20 [rep] range

I am also wondering IF we are meaning
the same thing but saying it differently

Over the years I have increased to higher
(10 to 12 [even 15 at times]) rep range
ultimately with higher weight range,
even increasing my intensity . . .

I am and always have been an
endurance athlete - an informed
friend of mine suggested this
knowing MY background

my gig - (posted before)
high weight (for strength)
higher intensity (muscle shock)
low volume (short W/O time frames)
<< generally around 45 minutes >>
N E V E R (as  l o n g  as) 90 minutes
like many do - NO flame intended.

I would rather save (long W/O) the biological
energy for recovery for later

I usually only train 4 day a week (as well)
Do need more time for recovery
and schedule dictates this . . .

I am an old man . . .

1 life 1 liver

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: question about high voulume
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »
hey guys
 im curious, can guys grow from doing sets  in the 20 sets range for like back and chest or is it just like totally overtraing.  iive been doing about 8-12 totall sets. i was thinking about upping it abit.  i also do four days a week and think that i would have time to recover.  what do you guys think?? more or less volume??

Dude it just depends on a ton of s**t.  Legs probably need 20 sets (for me anyways), bi's and tri's probably can get by with 9-12 sets.  You just need to very it up and see what works for you.  Listen to your body and do whatever it tells you.  If I have been lifting hard and heavy for a few weeks, I might change it up once in a while and to lighter weight for more sets or reps.  It just depends.  If you feel like hitting it hard, do less sets and rack on the weights.  If your tired, do less weight with more sets.