Author Topic: Who is this "FAAAAAAAN-DDAAAAANNNN-GOOOOOOO" guy? He's now feuding with Jericho  (Read 9960 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Nope, still no sense.  I think it's more an indication of the guy's natural talent / charisma showing through, plus Jericho's ability to put someone over, than a successful persona.  The music going viral will be a massive help in the short term, but will it last?  

Zack Ryder had a similar thing with his YouTube show, got into main event storylines on Raw, but where is he now?  Last time I saw him, he was jobbing to someone in a 3 minute match.  Could have been Barrett.

Fandango will need to do something to make the switch from 'novelty' to serious.

I'm not denying he has those things. But, as I said with Glen Jacobs, all that was missing was the right character. With Jacobs, it was Kane. With Curtis (so far), it's.......FAAAAAAAN-DAAAAAAAAAN-GOOOOOOOO!!

He's a "New Generation" throwback, if ever there were one.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
All we can do is see how it goes.  He's had a massive chunk of luck (which is what anyone needs), but he now has to show he's smart enough to take this brief opportunity and turn it into longevity.  All the successful guys end up being a version of themselves with certain attributes exaggerated (Austin / Rock / Flair / Hogan / Cena / Jericho), so he can't rely on playing something he's not for the long-term.  As I said earlier, at some point the dancer aspect will need to be reduced to allow the true persona to emerge.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
All we can do is see how it goes.  He's had a massive chunk of luck (which is what anyone needs), but he now has to show he's smart enough to take this brief opportunity and turn it into longevity.  All the successful guys end up being a version of themselves with certain attributes exaggerated (Austin / Rock / Flair / Hogan / Cena / Jericho), so he can't rely on playing something he's not for the long-term.  As I said earlier, at some point the dancer aspect will need to be reduced to allow the true persona to emerge.

Agreed! That's why I compared my earlier comparison. Maybe Fandango will do for Curtis what Kane did for Jacobs.

The European fans at WrestleMania and on the first post-Wrestmania Raw got this Fandago-ing thing started.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Hopefully, Curtis will capitalize on this opportunity. Currently, it seems that his entrance music is more over than he is. But, it's still bringing him much-needed publicity. Working a program with a veteran like Jericho helps make him look better, too.

Curtis spent about five years in developmental. Depending on which reports you read, it sounds like he had some trouble developing certain skills. It's sink or swim time for him; he's on the big stage now. Time will tell. He's gotten an opportunity few people do.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
last nite he came out they cheered he danced mad way to ring got interview with lawler and took over mike and tried to get crowd to pronounce fandango.......it got painful and a bit overdrawn ,,like when they do the wave at the stadium.ad nauseum,,he has good build,good looking guy,but he needs to work too,,,

Montague

• Getbig V
last nite he came out they cheered he danced mad way to ring got interview with lawler and took over mike and tried to get crowd to pronounce fandango.......it got painful and a bit overdrawn ,,like when they do the wave at the stadium.ad nauseum,,he has good build,good looking guy,but he needs to work too,,,

Exactly. That is the difference between Curtis and Kane. Kane needed a good gimmick, but could at least work. The gimmick was the only thing missing. Curtis will not be able to simply rely on a catchy entrance theme to get him over if he can't adequately perform in the other areas. And, he won't always have Jericho to carry him in the ring, either.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

Exactly. That is the difference between Curtis and Kane. Kane needed a good gimmick, but could at least work. The gimmick was the only thing missing. Curtis will not be able to simply rely on a catchy entrance theme to get him over if he can't adequately perform in the other areas. And, he won't always have Jericho to carry him in the ring, either.
i'll give you another gimmick/entrance that did well val venus,,,one I didn't like after his entrance as well was 24 karat production goooldddd duuusttt.....

Montague

• Getbig V
i'll give you another gimmick/entrance that did well val venus,,,one I didn't like after his entrance as well was 24 karat production goooldddd duuusttt.....

Val's character was entertaining for that time period, and his ring work wasn't that bad.

Goldust is a complete asshole. I'll post a story soon of one of the indy promoters from around my area who booked Runnels for a show, and the asinine stipulations and behavior Dustin exhibited.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

Val's character was entertaining for that time period, and his ring work wasn't that bad.

Goldust is a complete asshole. I'll post a story soon of one of the indy promoters from around my area who booked Runnels for a show, and the asinine stipulations and behavior Dustin exhibited.
heelllooooo laaaadiiesssss....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fandango puts the moves on Lillian. I haven't seen her melt like that since Rock offered her "The People's Strudel".

Montague

• Getbig V
So, I haven't been watching...

Where is Fandango, currently, in the scheme of things?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
So, I haven't been watching...

Where is Fandango, currently, in the scheme of things?
x2,,

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
x2,,

Haven't seen him on Raw... I rarely watch smackdown though.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Haven't seen him on Raw... I rarely watch smackdown though.
ALL SHOW AND NO GO,,,AFTER IMAGE HE COULDN'T WRESTLE ,WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT AROUND STORY LINES????

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
ALL SHOW AND NO GO,,,AFTER IMAGE HE COULDN'T WRESTLE ,WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT AROUND STORY LINES????

I think his image was the problem... I don't think Vince wanted him to be such a joke. Rumor is he actually had some skills... just such a shit gimmick.

*EDIT*

I was just informed he was in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match last week that was won by Damien Sandow.

We aren't buying PPVs either huh?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
I think his image was the problem... I don't think Vince wanted him to be such a joke. Rumor is he actually had some skills... just such a shit gimmick.

*EDIT*

I was just informed he was in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match last week that was won by Damien Sandow.

We aren't buying PPVs either huh?
THANKS,,I HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING LATLEY USUALLY CATCH CENA AT 10:45 EASTERN TIME LAST MATCH/SEGMENT...

Montague

• Getbig V

Some people were predicting him to be the/a next big thing. I knew there was no way in Hell...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
He's still knocking about, and a bit of quality promo time before the MITB PPV.  The crowd are still behind the gimmick, but he does seem to have faltered slightly now.  He'll need to get into either an IC or US title feud to keep his momentum going, but with them throwing Curtis Axel a belt already, I can't it happening soon.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He's still knocking about, and a bit of quality promo time before the MITB PPV.  The crowd are still behind the gimmick, but he does seem to have faltered slightly now.  He'll need to get into either an IC or US title feud to keep his momentum going, but with them throwing Curtis Axel a belt already, I can't it happening soon.

He's feuding with Kofi Kingston right now. And, depending on where WWE goes, his gimmick is still over. It seems whenever WWE goes to the northeast, the fans go nuts and start "Fan-dan-going" with him as his music plays.