Author Topic: I would love to beat the shit out of this misinformed moron.  (Read 25578 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: I would love to beat the shit out of this misinformed moron.
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »
beef:  1

a.  A full-grown steer, bull, ox, or cow, especially one intended for use as meat.

McDonald's definition is correct if they only use the beef animal.  any part of the animal can be properly referred to as beef, cartilage, snout, and anus included.
::)

Mcdonalds doesn`t consult Webster`s Dictionary nor does any other restaurant when deciding what to put on a menu.

Clavins Dad

• Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »

Mcdonalds doesn`t consult Webster`s Dictionary nor does any other restaurant when deciding what to put on a menu.

I didn't say they do ::)

That link you posted is on the menu? ::)

I made your case for you.  You're welcome  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2013, 05:00:43 PM »
He's the kind of obsessed fuck you'd come across hiding in some of the shrubbery outside the joint, violently masturbating over a signed photo of Ronald McDonald, all whilst dressed up as The Hamburglar

Sounds like me last Tuesday.
a

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »
lol, adonis cleaning up in this thread

haha, did you even read Adonis' cut 'n paste? the guy in the article said he has been to McDonald's three times in his whole life and no chef can make a burger cheaper. he wasn't saying that McDonald's is great . in fact, he said chefs should do more to come up with alternatives.

maybe if you could read and argue for yourself you'd have made more of yourself and leaving your trailerpark for your weekly trip to McDonald's to eat "delicious" food wouldn't be the highlight of your life.  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
None.  There are no additives or fillers in Mcdonalds Beef.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/see_what_we_are_made_of/your_questions_answered/meats.html

Do you add fat to cook your burger patties?
Our burger patties are just 100% pure beef. Nothing is added – no binders or fillers. The restaurants use a double-sided grill called a “clamshell” to grill the patties, and no extra fat is added.
What is the binding ingredient used in making the beef patties?
We don’t use any binding ingredients. Our burger patties are made from 100% pure beef, with no binders or fillers.

Is your meat real or fake?
Despite all those myths out there, none of our meat is fake! McDonald’s uses only 100% USDA-inspected beef from real beef cattle to make our burger patties. Our chicken is 100% USDA-inspected real chicken, supplied by industry leaders like Tyson Foods and Keystone Foods, and the same high standards apply to our 100% pork

Notice how McDonalds very carefully tries to words things. Our burger patties are just 100% pure beef. Nothing is added – no binders or fillers First of all, beef is always 100% beef. Now, I am sure that cartilage is NOT considered a binder or filler so my question is how much of this is allowed in their meat by weight??? Also, I would guess that there is a certain amount of bone that is also allowed do to the mechanical process that goes into processing the beef although I could be wrong.

They also claim, no extra fat is added I do not see how this is possible since they claim 80/20 ratio. To get this ratio they would have to "add" some fat in to get an exact or close to exact ratio.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

You are correct and I would love to know what parts of the cow they use that makes up their "100% beef patty".

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »
Look, I don't eat a shit ton of McDonald's but I'm not against it... Fuck... It's food.

You like it... eat it... You don't, then fucking don't.

My daughter eats all the McD she wants and she's fucking ripped.

Being ripped and healthy are two different things.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »

You are correct and I would love to know what parts of the cow they use that makes up their "100% beef patty".
http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/12776

Our Answer:

Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Google+

Hi Haley. The meat in all of our burger patties is from the same source.  They are all made with 100% pure beef cut from the shoulder, chuck, brisket, rib eye, loin and round. Whether it's the Big Mac, the Quarter Pounder or the classic cheeseburger, that's what our meat is all about.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »
When I grind my own meat for a "Blue Label" hamburger, the best tasting you can get, here is the recipe I use.

6 ounces beef sirloin, trimmed of gristle, and cut into 1-inch cubes
    5 ounces beef brisket, trimmed of gristle, and cut into 1-inch cubes
    12 ounces oxtail, fat and meat carefully removed from bone and trimmed of silverskin, bones discarded or reserved for another use (about 5 ounces of combined meat and fat)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2013, 05:45:51 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
Our Answer:

Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Google+

None, Jonathan. We don't use beef by-products in our menu items. Our burgers are made with 100% pure ground beef, with cuts from the shoulder, chuck, brisket, ribeye, loin and round. We don’t use any fillers or additives either, just a dash of salt and pepper.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
Our Answer:

Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Google+

None, Jonathan. We don't use beef by-products in our menu items. Our burgers are made with 100% pure ground beef, with cuts from the shoulder, chuck, brisket, ribeye, loin and round. We don’t use any fillers or additives either, just a dash of salt and pepper.

So if this is the case how can they NOT add fat to make up the 80/20 beef to fat ratio??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
So if this is the case how can they NOT add fat to make up the 80/20 beef to fat ratio??
???

Its clear that you never have been to a butcher shop in your life.  When you want to play around with the ratios, you select different cuts of meat that will get you to the ratio you want.

In and Out burger for instance, uses a 60 percent protein, 40 percent Fat blend of Ground Chuck.  If they wanted 80/20, they would have to add Sirloin or another Lean mean and adjust the ratio of Chuck in order to get to 80/20 and depending on what kind of flavor they want.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2013, 05:54:52 PM »
Maybe this will help you better understand:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/10/the-burger-lab-best-burger-blend-profiles-of-eight-cuts-of-beef.html

The Burger Lab: Mastering the Art of Burger Blending with Eight Cuts of Beef

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
???

Its clear that you never have been to a butcher shop in your life.  When you want to play around with the ratios, you select different cuts of meat that will get you to the ratio you want.

In and Out burger for instance, uses a 60 percent protein, 40 percent Fat blend of Ground Chuck.  If they wanted 80/20, they would have to add Sirloin or another Lean mean and adjust the ratio of Chuck in order to get to 80/20 and depending on what kind of flavor they want.

This doesn't seem like an exact science and I wouldn't expect it to be, but I can see where there would be a decent margin for error. So is this 80/20 ratio before or after cooked? I would guess cooked.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
This doesn't seem like an exact science and I wouldn't expect it to be, but I can see where there would be a decent margin for error. So is this 80/20 ratio before or after cooked? I would guess cooked.
It is an EXACT science and its MANDATED by the USDA.  All beef bought in the United States and sold in the United States (doesn`t matter where-grocery store, restaurant, straight from the farm etc..) is inspected and accurately labeled.  Mcdonalds even goes beyond the USDA as far as quality control goes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
80/20 is what it will be cooked or pre-cooked.  Its the same thing.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
80/20 is what it will be cooked or pre-cooked.  Its the same thing.

If you cook out some of the fat you lose the ratio.

bbrower

• Getbig II
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
It's still 80/20 if it's cooked, raw or anywhere in between.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »
Exactly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »

There is always a difference in raw and cooked weight so tell me where is the weight difference coming from?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
There is always a difference in raw and cooked weight so tell me where is the weight difference coming from?
???

Cooked or raw, the ratio of fat to lean mean will still be the same.  I don`t understand what you are asking.  ???

bbrower

• Getbig II
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »

Some moisture or juices will be lost, but any true fat loss from the meat is negligible

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »
Some moisture or juices will be lost, but any true fat loss from the meat is negligible
Right, and the composition of the meat is not changing in any way.  Whatever you cobble together and put in the pan or grill, will still be the same ratio of Lean to Fat when it comes out.

bbrower

• Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2013, 06:12:55 PM »
???

Cooked or raw, the ratio of fat to lean mean will still be the same.  I don`t understand what you are asking.  ???

I believe he's referring to a fattier cut having more grease after it's cooked