Author Topic: Human/Neanderthal Hybrid found?  (Read 5051 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Human/Neanderthal Hybrid found?
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
I am most interested in Sevs/Cleanest Naturals opinion on this. I find it interesting that his book, "The Architecture of the Human Mind" just became published, a few days before this discovery. Perhaps Sevs book explores dimensions of the human mind that have eluded world renowned scientists for the last 500 years. Perhaps Sev has been talking about this hyrbid from the start. I do not know. But it is intriguing.

http://www.livescience.com/28270-neanderthal-skeleton-provides-evidence-of-interbreeding-with-humans.html

The skeletal remains of an individual living in northern Italy 40,000-30,000 years ago are believed to be that of a human/Neanderthal hybrid, according to a paper in PLoS ONE.

If further analysis proves the theory correct, the remains belonged to the first known such hybrid, providing direct evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbred. Prior genetic research determined the DNA of people with European and Asian ancestry is 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal.

The present study focuses on the individual’s jaw, which was unearthed at a rock-shelter called Riparo di Mezzena in the Monti Lessini region of Italy. Both Neanderthals and modern humans inhabited Europe at the time.

“From the morphology of the lower jaw, the face of the Mezzena individual would have looked somehow intermediate between classic Neanderthals, who had a rather receding lower jaw (no chin), and the modern humans, who present a projecting lower jaw with a strongly developed chin,” co-author Silvana Condemi, an anthropologist, told Discovery News.

Condemi is the CNRS research director at the University of Ai-Marseille. She and her colleagues studied the remains via DNA analysis and 3D imaging. They then compared those results with the same features from Homo sapiens.

The genetic analysis shows that the individual’s mitochondrial DNA is Neanderthal. Since this DNA is transmitted from a mother to her child, the researchers conclude that it was a “female Neanderthal who mated with male Homo sapiens.”

By the time modern humans arrived in the area, the Neanderthals had already established their own culture, Mousterian, which lasted some 200,000 years. Numerous flint tools, such as axes and spear points, have been associated with the Mousterian. The artifacts are typically found in rock shelters, such as the Riparo di Mezzena, and caves throughout Europe.

The researchers found that, although the hybridization between the two hominid species likely took place, the Neanderthals continued to uphold their own cultural traditions.

That's an intriguing clue, because it suggests that the two populations did not simply meet, mate and merge into a single group.

As Condemi and her colleagues wrote, the mandible supports the theory of "a slow process of replacement of Neanderthals by the invading modern human populations, as well as additional evidence of the upholding of the Neanderthals' cultural identity.”

Prior fossil finds indicate that modern humans were living in a southern Italy cave as early as 45,000 years ago. Modern humans and Neanderthals therefore lived in roughly the same regions for thousands of years, but the new human arrivals, from the Neanderthal perspective, might not have been welcome, and for good reason. The research team hints that the modern humans may have raped female Neanderthals, bringing to mind modern cases of "ethnic cleansing."

Ian Tattersall is one of the world’s leading experts on Neanderthals and the human fossil record. He is a paleoanthropologist and a curator emeritus at the American Museum of Natural History.

Tattersall told Discovery News that the hypothesis, presented in the new paper, “is very intriguing and one that invites more research.”

Neanderthal culture and purebred Neanderthals all died out 35,000-30,000 years ago.
X

dustin

Re: Human/Neanderthal Hybrid found?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »
Quick, someone post a Photochop of tbombz. I'm pretty sure he's the missing link they're talking about.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »
Quick, someone post a Photochop of tbombz. I'm pretty sure he's the missing link they're talking about.

Oh, yes, that may be true. Good thinking, Dustin. I wonder if Sevs book talks about Tbombz at all. What do you think?
X

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
Dude, Branch has been all over the internet.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
This may be the First Human/Neanderthal Hybrid. I think Dustin was right

X

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
This may be the First Human/Neanderthal Hybrid. I think Dustin was right

The hybrid is owning tbombz in that pic if you take in consideration that the hybrid was natty and tbombz was on 3 grams of test.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
The hybrid is owning tbombz in that pic if you take in consideration that the hybrid was natty and tbombz was on 3 grams of test.

Yes, and that neanderthal is also much better looking than tbombz.
X

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »

Yes, and that neanderthal is also much better looking than tbombz.

He's also got the best Moe i've ever seen = Alpha Male

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:01:50 PM »
I am most interested in Sevs/Cleanest Naturals opinion on this. I find it interesting that his book, "The Architecture of the Human Mind" just became published, a few days before this discovery. Perhaps Sevs book explores dimensions of the human mind that have eluded world renowned scientists for the last 500 years. Perhaps Sev has been talking about this hyrbid from the start. I do not know. But it is intriguing.

;D

Thanks for the link btw, I've been doing more and more reading on this topic recently.
all drugs - TPPIIP

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »
Tbombz alone probably accounts for the 5% neanderthal dna in the entire human population.
follow the arrows

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
;D

Thanks for the link btw, I've been doing more and more reading on this topic recently.

Yes, it is interesting.

I wonder how Tbombz fits into the mix. Perhaps he would be a missing link for some of the transitional fossils.
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58:52 AM »
Mind=blown :o

Seriously, that's pretty interesting.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »
Mind=blown :o

Seriously, that's pretty interesting.

Yes, its pretty cool stuff. :)
X

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »
 :-X
F

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »
 :o
V

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »

epic boffo mustache no beard   looks like the iron sheik

photo editor went way too far to try to make the hybrid look white despite the obvious troof yo
K