Author Topic: George Turner  (Read 9764 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
George Turner
« on: April 03, 2013, 07:42:19 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: George Turner
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
 :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
Funky bro have you any info on George? i have read he was a volume trainer and worked upper/lower then later diffrent splits.
http://cssloanstrength.blogspot.de/2010/05/training-and-diet-with-george-turner.html

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
HEY DONNY......GEORGE WAS FROM ST LOUIS, MISSOURI.......HE HELPED SAMIR IN THE EARLY DAYS.....AS WELL AS TONY PEARSON AND PHIL WILLIAMS.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:27 AM »
HEY DONNY......GEORGE WAS FROM ST LOUIS, MISSOURI.......HE HELPED SAMIR IN THE EARLY DAYS.....AS WELL AS TONY PEARSON AND PHIL WILLIAMS.
I have read a bit about him but not so much..comes over as a real character.. ;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
yes.....he was a real character.......i trained with phil williams in kansas city......maybe 4 years ago.......learned a lot from phil......phil has lived all over the place.....europe...calif ornia.....but was from missouri......and spent time with george in st louis......phil said george was a crazy sob......phil used to get very upset with george......due to george being a hard ass......samir lived in st louis for a brief period of time and george trained him and was a mentor to him......then samir moved to detroit......tony pearson was from st louis and was trained by george for many years.....then tony left for california. george was apparently like vince gironda.....a real character with a short fuse.....but a very knowledgeable bbing trainer.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
yes.....he was a real character.......i trained with phil williams in kansas city......maybe 4 years ago.......learned a lot from phil......phil has lived all over the place.....europe...calif ornia.....but was from missouri......and spent time with george in st louis......phil said george was a crazy sob......phil used to get very upset with george......due to george being a hard ass......samir lived in st louis for a brief period of time and george trained him and was a mentor to him......then samir moved to detroit......tony pearson was from st louis and was trained by george for many years.....then tony left for california. george was apparently like vince gironda.....a real character with a short fuse.....but a very knowledgeable bbing trainer.
Thanks George(funny you´re George too ;D)... i was looking at his 10x10 workout... :o

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »
good thread, i've heard of turner's gym and george turner, i know they talked about george on dave draper's site some time ago. phil williams was on ironage a couple of years ago don't know if he's still on.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
good thread, i've heard of turner's gym and george turner, i know they talked about george on dave draper's site some time ago. phil williams was on ironage a couple of years ago don't know if he's still on.
hey funk.....phil was living in lee's summit, missouri.....just outside of kansas city......that was 4 years ago....trained shoulders and a bit of bis with him. then had lunch and talked a little shop......great guy.....had some interesting stories about yesteryear......spoke of living in europe and california. he was posting a bit at raw iron.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »
I knew George when he trained at Gold's Oceanside in the mid 90's. He was still pretty big, around 220 maybe and always had a fierce scowl on his face. He had relocated to Fallbrook from St. Louis and mentioned that had owned three gyms. One day he disappeared and someone said he had moved back to Missouri.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 01:51:23 AM »
I knew George when he trained at Gold's Oceanside in the mid 90's. He was still pretty big, around 220 maybe and always had a fierce scowl on his face. He had relocated to Fallbrook from St. Louis and mentioned that had owned three gyms. One day he disappeared and someone said he had moved back to Missouri.
sounds like you could tell us some golden stories... about him and his charachter and training.. i mean nothing bad or scandals just the good stuff ;)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
sounds like you could tell us some golden stories... about him and his charachter and training.. i mean nothing bad or scandals just the good stuff ;)
would like to hear them too. i saw some stuff on george in a mag but forgot to pull it out and can't find it now.
F