Author Topic: Americans - Anyone here worried about North Korea?  (Read 15921 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Americans - Anyone here worried about North Korea?
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
I'm not worried about North Korea.  Junior is just trying to generate some noise to let the rest of the world know he exists.  China doesn't give a fuck about North Korea and would not back them in any capacity if they decided to do anything.

your time is coming to a close, its the kim kardashian types and there supporters who have ruined america

I agree.  American culture is on the decline.  Has been for decades.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »
your time is coming to a close, its the kim kardashian types and there supporters who have ruined america

While I don't totally disagree, where do you hail from?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »

He's from Uganda.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »
The United States fought them and China, 60+ years ago. Military capabilities on both sides have changed since then, and not in a remotely commensurate fashion. That the current U.S. military swept aside the strongest army in the Middle East in 3 weeks' time and with under 150 casualties ought to give you a fair indication of what the N Koreans are facing. Further -- as matty pointed out -- the U.S. and China are tied at the hip economically and it is extremely unlikely China would be willing to undergo the Pyrrhic economic effects of intervening on behalf of N Korea.
Agree x2 Kim Kardashians

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »
a place with the same problem but with less global impact

Parker

• Getbig V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
The United States fought them and China, 60+ years ago. Military capabilities on both sides have changed since then, and not in a remotely commensurate fashion. That the current U.S. military swept aside the strongest army in the Middle East in 3 weeks' time and with under 150 casualties ought to give you a fair indication of what the N Koreans are facing. Further -- as matty pointed out -- the U.S. and China are tied at the hip economically and it is extremely unlikely China would be willing to undergo the Pyrrhic economic effects of intervening on behalf of N Korea.

Beating Saddam's Army is nothing to brag about.

They had very little training and could barely even fire their tanks properly. Most abandoned their positions and deserted before even encountering the enemy.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2013, 11:53:41 AM »
The US and europe are about to stop being able to buy all the junk china produces... once we dont buy their crap anymore, rapatriate our industries in our homelands, they re toast, no more money for them. They would side with russia even more, and islamists who are taking over europe. Chinese are nervous about all the dollars they own as the US are on the verge of collapsing economically meaning those dollars wouldnt be worth the paper they printed on all of a sudden. Apparently china is already trying to get rid of all these dollars, trying to transform them into solid assets.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »
Frankly I'm more worried about what our own government is doing to us..

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 05:57:17 AM »
 ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 06:24:22 AM »
Won't happen, House of M is backing NK

House of M?

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
Just as the new economic world order is about to start in Asia, the pansies in congress are threatened.

So many patriotic cocksuckers in this thread from a country that is the laughing stock of the world.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »
Just as the new economic world order is about to start in Asia, the pansies in congress are threatened.

So many patriotic cocksuckers in this thread from a country that is the laughing stock of the world.
  :D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »
Nothing "Manly" on TV, when that war would start  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 04:52:42 AM »

please let me know when this "economic world order" in Asia is about to start, my popcorn is getting stale...China has over 170 automakers...which means most of those will be defunct in the coming yrs...which means tons of people out of jobs...
A recipe can change if it doesn't have the right ingredients...

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 05:50:56 AM »
Thank God we have some people thinking about this.  Sad to scan through the ignorance of the American mindset.  I only realized when I nearly became permanent citizen of Sweden that all of my life, we, as Americans are taught that we are practically the only people on the planet (we can't help it, it's media and our schools-)  

I became disgusted with the American culture and never wanted to return because of this ignorance.  However, much is to be said about the freedom we do have, so upon returning, I was more thankful for everything; my eyes are open like they never were.  Might have something to do with my psychotic Iranian ex-boyfriend...(he was a specific individual, I claim nothing about any entire group). He told me much about the young generations preparations and true hatred for American citizens, they steal from us to be smarter than us, especially the young generations.

I think China's silent bash on N. Korea earlier this week could have curbed N.Korea's ridiculous threats as they have few allies.  American troops are stationed just a small distance across the border between North and South Korea, for those American soldiers, yes I do worry. However, Japan serves a more prominent threat than anybody else.  

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:46 AM »
What , nearly permanent citizen in Sweden Sarah?

How come.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »
Thank God we have some people thinking about this.  Sad to scan through the ignorance of the American mindset.  I only realized when I nearly became permanent citizen of Sweden that all of my life, we, as Americans are taught that we are practically the only people on the planet (we can't help it, it's media and our schools-)  

I became disgusted with the American culture and never wanted to return because of this ignorance.  However, much is to be said about the freedom we do have, so upon returning, I was more thankful for everything; my eyes are open like they never were.  Might have something to do with my psychotic Iranian ex-boyfriend...(he was a specific individual, I claim nothing about any entire group). He told me much about the young generations preparations and true hatred for American citizens, they steal from us to be smarter than us, especially the young generations.

I think China's silent bash on N. Korea earlier this week could have curbed N.Korea's ridiculous threats as they have few allies.  American troops are stationed just a small distance across the border between North and South Korea, for those American soldiers, yes I do worry. However, Japan serves a more prominent threat than anybody else.  

That's probably how most non-Americans view them.

The genaralisation is that they have a limited knowledge of the world outside their borders whereas Europeans/Australians etc seem to have a higher knowledge of other countries and cultures and the world around them.

I remember when I was in Cambodia, some American was asking a girl selling books why she wasn't in school, and I just thought to myself this type of mentality represents the stereotype that makes people dislike them.
Completely unable to see that a different reality exists for these people, one of survival and this guy was talking as if he was superior and knew better than her, applying his own privileged life and mentality to her situation and thinking it applies to all.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
  :D

An eyeroll emoticon would have been a better fit.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »
That's probably how most non-Americans view them.

The genaralisation is that they have a limited knowledge of the world outside their borders whereas Europeans/Australians etc seem to have a higher knowledge of other countries and cultures and the world around them.

I remember when I was in Cambodia, some American was asking a girl selling books why she wasn't in school, and I just thought to myself this type of mentality represents the stereotype that makes people dislike them.
Completely unable to see that a different reality exists for these people, one of survival and this guy was talking as if he was superior and knew better than her, applying his own privileged life and mentality to her situation and thinking it applies to all.

Americans, thru the financial meltdown, are now finally seeing the reason why for most of the world, the rich and the educated to hand in hand...Education cost money, and now you see tons of people saddled with the burden of their student loans for grad, med, and law school and have hard time finding a job and paying back the loans...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

Americans tend to give a lot to world wide charities. I don't know how much, or how much more than other countries. But there are always food drives, clothing drives, etc. Especially for disasters in other countries.
You have lots of college students who study abroad---it's just the ignorant ones who make the most noise...
You know most Americans wouldn't understand your quest into making yourself a man---are they the ignorant ones?
You also have to realize, that the US--is a HUGE place, going to another state is akin to Euros going to another country---all with their own constitutions, and their own laws.
And that the people of the Americas, are probably the most genetically diverse peoples in the world....if only the politicans could use that to unite us with our Spanish and Portuguese speaking brothers and sisters...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »

It's the fault of the media culture, facilitated by the power structure.  The media as well as the government need to create a sense of fear.  The media profits in dollars and the government through policy.    Issues are complex and unfortunately most low attention span people who populate this world are not.  In order to reach them, it is necessary to create a simplified black and white view of world in which all things are separated into the categories off good and evil.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2013, 10:19:53 AM »
It's the fault of the media culture, facilitated by the power structure.  The media as well as the government need to create a sense of fear.  The media profits in dollars and the government through policy.    Issues are complex and unfortunately most low attention span people who populate this world are not.  In order to reach them, it is necessary to create a simplified black and white view of world in which all things are separated into the categories off good and evil.
Each political side keeps shouting that they are on "God's side". And so the media from each side keeps propagating the view that the other side is evil, and that they are "good". It thing becomes nothing more than a political, greed induced, and often times religious rinse and wash cycle.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
Indeed. Many Americans don't give a shit about any other country, and they just stubbornly think the US is the best place on earth, even though they have probably never travelled or owned a passport.

It's because of the geographic isolation and the media mainly.

Personally I was blown away when I started travelling to other countries. I realized many countries that Americans consider third world shitholes are actually great places with high quality of life.