Author Topic: stretch marks  (Read 9016 times)

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
stretch marks
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:13:52 AM »

Ok i know this is going to sound gay.............
 but since i went from 170 to 200
i notice i got a few stretch mark right under my arm pits by where the chest meets the biceps ( i dont know if im explaining myself )
and by where the lat meets the triceps (does that makes sense )
anyway
im a little subconscious about it and it bothering me BIG TIME
does anybody here know of something i can do to at least make them a little less noticeable?

thanks in advance

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: stretch marks
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 05:31:02 AM »
I think i've seen written that vitamin E is supposed to help w/stretch marks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 06:20:39 AM »
These are very typical areas for stretch marks and are indicative of great progress.

Don't worry about them. Years later you'll probably wish you could have more since it's only in rare instances that growth spurts are sufficient to cause them.

First of all, stretch marks rarely occur in areas that are highly visible. The classic areas are the two you've mentioned, as well as on the inside, underneath areas of the triceps and insides of the thighs. The only obviously visible area is the first one you mentioned, between chest and bi tie-ins.

Second, they invariably fade and blend in with surrounding skin.

Given their location and eventual change in color, most areas are only noticable if you're specifically looking for them.

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 07:18:24 AM »
As sculpter said you can get Vitamin E cream that should deal with them. I can't remember what type but my sister gave me some, had stretch marks in the same places you do, and tigerstrips down both biceps as well. Cleared em up nicely.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 09:01:38 AM »
hey man, they are our battle scars bro, live to accept them, if u plan on gaining weight or building more muscle, they will come, but try to get some stretch mark creams (like the ones they make for pregnant women) they do work but it takes a while (personal experience)

muscle
muscle

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 09:09:06 AM »
I like my stretch marks........its the ones on my belly I have to worry about.....  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 09:09:49 AM »
hey man, they are our battle scars bro, live to accept them, if u plan on gaining weight or building more muscle, they will come

muscle

Right on, they are battle scars!!!!! wear them with pride!!!

the only thing that helps is to tan in the sun regularly...i have them in the same spots and some people are freaked out by them.

8)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 09:12:15 AM »
Some people need more help than others

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 09:40:07 AM »
I agree with Muscle 19, stretch marks can be considered badges of honor to some guy's. I've got them heavily on the pec/delt tie in, delts, lats,  biceps/triceps and legs/calves. I'm about a light natural brown skin color but when I'm surfing  (great time now...20 footers approaching SoCal) I get a dark brown and the scars stay a lighter, off color. Almost looks like a road map on my body. Salt water seems to make them more noticeable. Stretch marks are skin tears due to extra fast expansion of the tissue. Something like scar tissue. Usually guy's who make extra fast gains are subjected to them. Though even gaining fat can give the same results. I got most of mine at around 16 to 18 even though ,at that age, the skin is very flexable.

Don't think that any/lotion cream would help get rid of the scars after you get them because there is a tissue gap/space between the healthy skin. You might lessen their appearence but not completly get rid of them. Though I may be wrong on both these points. A laser treatment may correct this, like the way they are removing old tat's, covering acme scars, etc. Lot's of big bucks though.  Applying lotion/creams might help avoid them (before you get them) before and after training. I've heard of some guy's just using olive oil or the likes on there skin but with all the medical advancements there are quite a few options. Good Luck.

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 10:44:15 AM »
i really appreciate the input guys

i guess its part of gettign big
 :'(

ill try a few creams see how they work

thanks again bros 8)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 02:26:14 PM »
i actually think my stretch marks are a badge of hard work in the gym.  i like em
Valhalla awaits.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 03:18:35 PM »
As sculpter said you can get Vitamin E cream that should deal with them. I can't remember what type but my sister gave me some, had stretch marks in the same places you do, and tigerstrips down both biceps as well. Cleared em up nicely.

How does it look now? did they completely dissapear, or are they like almost invisible ?
tank u jesus

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 03:55:49 PM »
Keep in mind that they naturally blend into skin color over time, so it's hard to credit lotions for this. I doubt the efficacy of any lotion.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 04:04:11 PM »
i actually think my stretch marks are a badge of hard work in the gym.  i like em
agree

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 05:45:10 PM »
You are a man, my son.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »
Just be careful about chicks with stretch marks on around their mouths.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 09:32:50 PM »
Just be careful about chicks with stretch marks on around their mouths.
;D

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 09:44:30 PM »
Actually stretch marks do not blend with the natural skin after time, even if their only sight ones. They have less protective fat cells and more damaged tissue than normal skin. They stay discolored, more so if your out in the sun for long periods. Good luck.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 10:03:48 PM »
I think what we're missing here is preventive maintenance. U gotta look at yourself in the mirror everyday. If u start seeing a small developing stretch mark, then apply cocoa butter to it, or a good oat lotion. I caught mine today, and I'm gonna lotion it everyday so's it won't be so bad. Ironic.
CEA999

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »
Generally speaking the marks become far less noticable over time; that was my own experience, to the point that they're virtually invisible unless scrutinized.

Excerpt:
Depending on your natural skin colouring, stretch marks begin as raised pink, reddish brown or dark brown lines that later turn a brighter violet or purple. Gradually these bright marks flatten and fade to a colour a few shades lighter than your natural skin tone. They usually become less noticeable over time.

http://www.wwu.edu/chw/ask_the_doc/post/1133.html

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 05:52:35 AM »
How does it look now? did they completely dissapear, or are they like almost invisible ?

Nah they didn't disappear, but 98% of the red went out of them. I think they will always look a little different that the normally skin, as they seem smoother somewhat , but they are not red raw at all like when they first started to develop!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 10:11:13 AM »
Use Kukui Nut oil on your skin.  It s absolutely the best oil you can by.  It is higher in essential oils than any other nut oil available.  It is highly polyunsaturated.  It has unreal healingprperties too.  The US givernment spent nearly a $500.000 to research the oil.  It has beeter healing properties than the aloe vera plant.  My daughter uses it everyday and when she was pregnant she made sure she spread it all over her belly and side.  NO stretch marks after having the baby.  It is used by burn units all over the  world.  The owner sent me some to put on my leg after the bite and I swear i have no scaring and the skin has no difference than surrounding skin.  Nearly every major cosmetic company in the world uses some Kukui Nut oil in their products.  It is very expensive.  I used to buy it by the barrel which was $8,000 a barrel for my suntan lotion company.  In the stores it is $32 a pint.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 01:07:03 PM »
did you ever get revenge with that spider??
Valhalla awaits.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 07:38:51 PM »
No but i have on at least 1000 of his relatives

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 07:53:06 PM »