Author Topic: Cswol doing 55 x 225 at the gym - video  (Read 38313 times)

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: cswol wanted me to video him doing 225 x 55
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
what many of you dont realize is when you have been lifting since you were 12 years old on the weights in the local highschool football weight house, somewhere along the way you realize that the mind controls the muscles, it all starts in your mind, if you learn how to program and train the mind you can achieve almost anything you want, as long as you are building your skeletal system and muslces and they are big and strong enough to handle the programming done in your mind, then something like benching 225 50 reps can become a regular thing........why........ ....its because you have programmed your mind and trained your muscles to perform the tasks, many of you who dont lift alot or lift alot, if you dont realize that it all begins in the mind, and the mind-muscle connection is the basis for growth and improvement, until you use your mind in the gym, your body will never respond or look like you want it to, thats what pumping iron is about, learning the intricacies and trials it takes to build the body, yeah im 38, my knees hurt from years of heavy squatting, i would be lucky to squat 500 one time, but i still have leg size and still know how to use my mind to build the leg, its not like my upper body, but at the end of the day if your still making progress and strength and size are going up, you are on the right track, i ran into a lady she said her husband is 69, lifetime iron pumper, has beat cancer 4 times, and i told her his mind power and strength from pumping iron all those years probably had something to do with him pulling through 4 times.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2013, 10:10:08 AM »
^If a dude has had Cancer 4x, he either has very crappy luck, very crappy genetics, did something to create said cancer, or she is lying.

Dude should be a lifetime runner, or Buddhist, not a iron game "warrior" if this is true.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
what many of you dont realize is when you have been lifting since you were 12 years old on the weights in the local highschool football weight house, somewhere along the way you realize that the mind controls the muscles, it all starts in your mind, if you learn how to program and train the mind you can achieve almost anything you want, as long as you are building your skeletal system and muslces and they are big and strong enough to handle the programming done in your mind, then something like benching 225 50 reps can become a regular thing........why........ ....its because you have programmed your mind and trained your muscles to perform the tasks, many of you who dont lift alot or lift alot, if you dont realize that it all begins in the mind, and the mind-muscle connection is the basis for growth and improvement, until you use your mind in the gym, your body will never respond or look like you want it to, thats what pumping iron is about, learning the intricacies and trials it takes to build the body, yeah im 38, my knees hurt from years of heavy squatting, i would be lucky to squat 500 one time, but i still have leg size and still know how to use my mind to build the leg, its not like my upper body, but at the end of the day if your still making progress and strength and size are going up, you are on the right track, i ran into a lady she said her husband is 69, lifetime iron pumper, has beat cancer 4 times, and i told her his mind power and strength from pumping iron all those years probably had something to do with him pulling through 4 times.

Just take the video will ya?   :D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
this video is about a likely as the true adonis dead lift video

been waiting for that for six years
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
this video is about a likely as the true adonis dead lift video

been waiting for that for six years
The True Adonis video is right around the corner. Being verified by Kodak.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
;D

I look similar to some of the guys in that physique division and while I might not look like a meathead with clothes on I'm certainly not small by any means. I don't get asked if I "swim alot" or do pilates but people instantly consider me a bodybuilder - which I'm not really comfortable with anymore. When asked I just say I lift weights or do powerlifting because bodybuilding has such a bad image.. and that's well deserved if you take a look at most bodybuilders. Zero athletic ability and all abouts the looks ... nope that's not for me anymore. I prefer being strong and fit with functional power and endurance.. the body will come with it anyway. No need to be that big anyway except if you wanna attract schmoes.

you should post up a pic and own us all
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »
you should post up a pic and own us all
Thats my shtick.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
I would love to see a video too.  Being a competitive bench presser, I know how hard that is to do and would be very, very impressed if you could do it. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
I'd be shocked if they're even 3/4 reps, I'd give him tons of credit for even that. No way they are full chest tap / elbow lock.
Nobody in the entire world can do 55 reps with 225 if they are lock-out- pause- touch chest- pause-locket-out.... NO ONE,.. the lactic acid will build up after 30 seconds, that is why they have to be fast reps and no pause. They can still be 3/4 reps but as soon as you stop pausing it is about time not reps.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
Nobody in the entire world can do 55 reps with 225 if they are lock-out- pause- touch chest- pause-locket-out.... NO ONE,.. the lactic acid will build up after 30 seconds, that is why the have to be fast rep and no pause. They can still be 3/4 reps but as soon as you stop pausing it is about time not reps.

Great post.  When I did my 40 reps, the main thing that actually stopped me was the pain.  It starts burning very badly and gets to the point where you just have to quit. 

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
Nobody has broke 50 reps at the NFL combine in years. This is very hard to do if you do full reps. I will doubt you have achieved this until you post the video cswol. I would bet that your range of motion is very short, half rep style.
S

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
Nobody in the entire world can do 55 reps with 225 if they are lock-out- pause- touch chest- pause-locket-out.... NO ONE,.. the lactic acid will build up after 30 seconds, that is why they have to be fast reps and no pause. They can still be 3/4 reps but as soon as you stop pausing it is about time not reps.

I never thought about it like that but you probably are spot on with the whole time and its effect on lactic acid.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
The guy had cancer 4 times bc he was in Vietnam and the agent orange exposure is the cause of repeated cancer

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »
I don't do lockout reps I go down as far as my rom will allow me without tearing my chest off, and that's about all the way to touching my chest, and I do full rep to the top, I just hit 52 reps yesterday for the homey, most of you don't realize many people can do 50 reps, and one guy said at 40 he begins to hurt can't go on, many factors here he doesn't have the stamina and conditioning I have, he may not be as experienced and may not have spent hours in the gym doing totally insane workouts with heavy weights and not Enuff hard grueling workouts with hundreds of repititions to achieve the threshold past 40 for himself, yesterday was the best set I ever done as far as solidness and rhythm, a month ago I did 53, but it wasn't as good as yesterday's 52 at a solid pace and reps

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:09 AM »
The guy had cancer 4 times bc he was in Vietnam and the agent orange exposure is the cause of repeated cancer
Did you go to Vietnam cswol if so tell us about the experience. I got lucky never had to go to war.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
I never thought about it like that but you probably are spot on with the whole time and its effect on lactic acid.
ya it really is not about proper form per se it is about speed hence lack of proper form assuming the strength is already there.

For example take 3 guys- 585 benchers (raw) and take 3 guys- 675 benchers (raw) and get all of them to do 225 for reps then combine the total of the 3 585 bencher and then combine the total of the 675 benchers and the reps will be the exact same.

At this point it is no longer about strength but about the lactic acid stopping you at dead hault.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
I don't do lockout reps I go down as far as my rom will allow me without tearing my chest off, and that's about all the way to touching my chest, and I do full rep to the top, I just hit 52 reps yesterday for the homey, most of you don't realize many people can do 50 reps, and one guy said at 40 he begins to hurt can't go on, many factors here he doesn't have the stamina and conditioning I have, he may not be as experienced and may not have spent hours in the gym doing totally insane workouts with heavy weights and not Enuff hard grueling workouts with hundreds of repititions to achieve the threshold past 40 for himself, yesterday was the best set I ever done as far as solidness and rhythm, a month ago I did 53, but it wasn't as good as yesterday's 52 at a solid pace and reps

All right now, you calling me out?  Post the damn video or STFU.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:38 AM »
anything over 40 reps with the form you described in your post will get mad props from me, 50 like that will have me calling you ''The King" of 225 benching.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2013, 10:46:57 AM »
anything over 40 reps with the form you described in your post will get mad props from me, 50 like that will have me calling you ''The King" of 225 benching.

I will be humbled greatly and do the same.  Thing is, there will never ever be a video.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
agent orange is known to cause Die-ah-bee-tus as well.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »
I will be humbled greatly and do the same.  Thing is, there will never ever be a video.
well we will see, I mean we should give him time, a week or 2 max, it's for fun anyway.

Hey bro you seem like someone who know their shit, what was your bench press like at it's peek bro, just curious. 8)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
well we will see, I mean we should give him time, a week or 2 max, it's for fun anyway.

Hey bro you seem like someone who know their shit, what was your bench press like at it's peek bro, just curious. 8)

Thanks OTH.  I can always tell when people know their shit about bench pressing as well.  There are only a handful on this board you being one.  I am still competing and currently just a bit off my peak.  Compete in 275 or 308 depending if I'm lazy with my diet  ;D Best raw comp was just a tad under 623.  Right now I am in the 600-615 range which is probably where I will stay or continue to drop.  Got age starting to kick in.   

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:09 AM »
Thanks OTH.  I can always tell when people know their shit about bench pressing as well.  There are only a handful on this board you being one.  I am still competing and currently just a bit off my peak.  Compete in 275 or 308 depending if I'm lazy with my diet  ;D Best raw comp was just a tad under 623.  Right now I am in the 600-615 range which is probably where I will stay or continue to drop.  Got age starting to kick in.   
wow  :o , incredible brother, that is awesome. Big props, that is world class strong. 8)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
wow  :o , incredible brother, that is awesome. Big props, that is world class strong. 8)

You still compete?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »
You still compete?
Took time off for family but this year hope to jump on stage in Nov,we will see. Feelling good again.