Author Topic: UFC 159 - If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..  (Read 10639 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: UFC 159 - If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

this is former PRIDE and UFC SHW Champ Nog     and Silva just toys with him

both have trained with Cuba Team, and every one says that Silva did very very well

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
So it is true then, that he was not properly warmed up.. interesting

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
It is not about what is easier that Anderson is concerned about, it is about what is more rewarding and a fight with GSP is a no win situation and extremely risky. Not risky that he might lose, it is not that cause he more then likely would win but the small margin of possibility that he will lose and if so that would completely destroy his legacy.

And a win would not do much cause people will just say -  Oh GSP is just a smaller opponent and will not see it as a significant feat.

Fighting Jones is risky in terms of losing but if he loses he looses nothing (but his winning streak) and if he wins he becomes truly THE GOAT,... At least that will be public perception.

Oh I know, my point was that if he truly wanted to, he could go right down to that weight and fight perfectly well.

It's just not a worthwhile fight for him and GSP feels the same way. I just heard GSP on the Joe Rogan podcast and the kid has nothing but respect and admiration for Silva, but even he knows his limits against a much taller and stronger fighter.

I think the best fight would be Jones vs Silva for a superfight of the ages.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
 Jones > Silva > GSP

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »
I rather spend a little bit more money staying (with The Coach) in the US and win the fight ,than going to England just to save a dollar and getting knock the fuck out .

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
I rather spend a little bit more money staying (with The Coach) in the US and win the fight ,than going to England just to save a dollar and getting knock the fuck out .

He needs a new skills camp, plain and simple. Like I said, they ruined Rampage and now Kongo.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »
Regarding Kongo, I just don't think he is at Roy Nelson's level. I've met Kongo before at Eddie Bravo's tenth planet and he was a complete gentlemen, very soft spoken and open to training with a bunch of amateurs.

That said, Nelson is a brawler and can take hits like a psycho (look at the Werdum fight for reference), as well as deliver knockout punches left and right.

Not to mention that on the ground he is deadly. He has spent many years at Renzo's academy (on and off) and has attained a black belt in JiuJitsu under Renzo. His ground game is ridiculously impressive for such a big man.  

Nothing but respect for Nelson, the man is a truck and can fight with anyone.

It just wasn't Kongo's fight, he doesn't pair up well with a fighter like Nelson.

"1"

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »
His "glass jaw" lies in his diet. He literally goes in depleted and two days before a fight, he only drinks pedialite. I gave him eating programs that totaled 4100 calories but he chooses to eat only 2 meals per day, if that. I also told him (three months ago) he needed to be at least 250-255 for Nelson.

BTW, Joe Rogan is a fucking moron if you think you cannot develop power. Sometimes shit comes out of his mouth that he has no clue about.

You might be right because Roy eats like a fucking garbage disposal

A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2013, 02:10:50 PM »
 Kongo will NEVER EVER get the ground game that he NEEDS in the UFC  it is really a shame   to be blessed with that body

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
Regarding Kongo, I just don't think he is at Roy Nelson's level. I've met Kongo before at Eddie Bravo's tenth planet and he was a complete gentlemen, very soft spoken and open to training with a bunch of amateurs.

That said, Nelson is a brawler and can take hits like a psycho (look at the Werdum fight for reference), as well as deliver knockout punches left and right.

Not to mention that on the ground he is deadly. He has spent many years at Renzo's academy (on and off) and has attained a black belt in JiuJitsu under Renzo. His ground game is ridiculously impressive for such a big man.  

Nothing but respect for Nelson, the man is a truck and can fight with anyone.

It just wasn't Kongo's fight, he doesn't pair up well with a fighter like Nelson.

"1"

Kongo is an average C level fighter , Nelson is a good B level fighter .

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »
Oh I know, my point was that if he truly wanted to, he could go right down to that weight and fight perfectly well.

It's just not a worthwhile fight for him and GSP feels the same way. I just heard GSP on the Joe Rogan podcast and the kid has nothing but respect and admiration for Silva, but even he knows his limits against a much taller and stronger fighter.

I think the best fight would be Jones vs Silva for a superfight of the ages.

"1"
Yes so true, like you said I think GSP has his doubts against Silva where as Silva does not against Jones.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
Yes so true, like you said I think GSP has his doubts against Silva where as Silva does not against Jones.

100%

I also think GSP is a great fighter and knows what's best in order to WIN a fight. He isn't fighting mindlessly like an upandcomer would. He is fighting a smart fight and knows that the millions he is making every year is much better than walking away from a fight belt-less, with a broken nose and, not to mention, a bruised ego.

The Diaz brothers are great for entertainment, but their losses are starting to pile up. I can see a promising future for those two consisting of eating out of a straw, while foaming at the mouth..

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/26/4269374/morning-report-nate-diaz-says-josh-thomson-makes-lady-sounds-when

I really wonder what it's going to take for a Diaz brother to truly admit defeat in an actual MMA fight. At this stage, it's going to take getting murdered and the resurrected from the dead so they can acknowledge their own death. Actually, I bet that won't even work. They'll just taunt whoever murdered them with being unable to keep them dead.

Nate Diaz did a radio interview yesterday with BJPenn.com where he made all sorts of claims, not least of which was that UFC on FOX 7 opponent Josh Thomson wanted out of the fight and made 'lady sounds' when they competed.

"He didn't come in there and put no ass whopping on me. You know what I'm saying? He didn't come in there and make anything happen. I have never fought somebody before who had ever wanted out of a fight so bad. I expected a fight. I expected him to grab me and try to hold on to me or throw some kicks and move and throw some punches and move but that motherf--ker was straight running and I had to chase his down. I was chasing him the whole fight. I was the aggressor. I was restless, you know? How can you not be when a guy is running scared s--tless for his life? I'm over aggressive trying to get a hold of him and that's why I got hit, because I'm over aggressive. I'm trying to meet the criteria to win these rounds."

Fairly delusional, but not outright crazy. That's when Diaz turned it up:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was running for his life. He was making women when I was fighting him. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This is what makes the Diaz brothers great. Sure, their perspectives can be a little colored by their own sense of manliness and limited views on what constitutes proper fighting. But their candor is enjoyable, rare and impossible to manufacture.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »

this is former PRIDE and UFC SHW Champ Nog     and Silva just toys with him

both have trained with Cuba Team, and every one says that Silva did very very well
would alot of potatoes be beneficial before a boxing match?

then water only between rounds?

what is the best food your team has figured out to eat before boxing

thanks
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/26/4269374/morning-report-nate-diaz-says-josh-thomson-makes-lady-sounds-when

I really wonder what it's going to take for a Diaz brother to truly admit defeat in an actual MMA fight. At this stage, it's going to take getting murdered and the resurrected from the dead so they can acknowledge their own death. Actually, I bet that won't even work. They'll just taunt whoever murdered them with being unable to keep them dead.

Nate Diaz did a radio interview yesterday with BJPenn.com where he made all sorts of claims, not least of which was that UFC on FOX 7 opponent Josh Thomson wanted out of the fight and made 'lady sounds' when they competed.

"He didn't come in there and put no ass whopping on me. You know what I'm saying? He didn't come in there and make anything happen. I have never fought somebody before who had ever wanted out of a fight so bad. I expected a fight. I expected him to grab me and try to hold on to me or throw some kicks and move and throw some punches and move but that motherf--ker was straight running and I had to chase his down. I was chasing him the whole fight. I was the aggressor. I was restless, you know? How can you not be when a guy is running scared s--tless for his life? I'm over aggressive trying to get a hold of him and that's why I got hit, because I'm over aggressive. I'm trying to meet the criteria to win these rounds."

Fairly delusional, but not outright crazy. That's when Diaz turned it up:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was running for his life. He was making women when I was fighting him. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This is what makes the Diaz brothers great. Sure, their perspectives can be a little colored by their own sense of manliness and limited views on what constitutes proper fighting. But their candor is enjoyable, rare and impossible to manufacture.
:o

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
You think he is scared to fight someone like Jones?

You've heard of guys like Yushin Okami, Vitor Belfort, Forest Griffin, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin and Nate Marquardt right?

All of those guys are killers. Those are guys that also go up in weight or have come down in weight to take on Anderson and have all lost to him.

The man is a master in so many arts (has like 4 black belts in different styles and is a professional boxer) and walks around at 230-240 pounds in the off season. While I understand that Jones is a machine, Anderson is a freaking killer.

Before anything else though, what all of these guys (Silva, Jones & GSP) have in common is that they are businessmen first and fighters second.

Just like Jones rejected the first fight against Chael, even though he annihilated him yesterday, it isn't surprising if neither guys want to fight each other from a financial standpoint.

Their reputations bring in way more money then their UFC contracts give out and a loss for any of them translates into a thinner wallet and less long term prospects.

"1"

Aside from Henderson, who is truly one of the all time greats, and possibly exception of Belfort; none of those fighters are above B level.   Franklin is another example of a big fish in a small pond. The middle weight division was even weaker during his tenure as champion than it is currently under Silva.

Griffin is a slow plodding fighter with minimal power for his size who seldom moves in any direction other than forward.    To Griffin credit he also has tremendous stamina and iron will. For someone with Silva's style and speed, Griffin is a near perfect opponent to have because he walks right into punches. And judging from the fight and pics of the two of them together, there was much of a size discrepancy.

A while back myself and another poster, who did the actual math, calculated the physical attributes of the champion within each weight class in comparison to his closest competition.  It was a very enlightening exercise and demonstrated pretty clearly how much size factors in making a champion.  

A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »
OTH is right.

silva v. jones:  huge payday for everyone.  if silva wins, he becomes a legend, undisputed GOAT, and it's not an earth-shattering blow to jones' reputation (losing to the best ever).  if jones wins, he gets cemented as a the best fighter alive, living legend, etc., and it doesn't really hurt silva's reputation at all -- the fight will be seen as a passing of the torch, and silva will be seen as courageous for taking the fight.  it would be a poignant way to retire.

silva v. gsp:  huge payday, but no matter who wins, someone is going away with a seriously tarnished reputation.  both fighters are on the tail end of their careers, and have little to gain -- besides money -- from the fight, and a lot more to lose otherwise.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »

A while back myself and another poster, who did the actual math, calculated the physical attributes of the champion within each weight class in comparison to his closest competition.  It was a very enlightening exercise and demonstrated pretty clearly how much size factors in making a champion.  

qft, jones is so dominant because he has the perfect body for 205.  people rave about his skills, but put any of these other guys in his body and they would still be saying the same thing.  jones is able to execute all of his plans perfectly, to a degree i doubt has ever been seen in MMA before, because he is always physically superior to the other guy.  he never has to get creative and overcome an intrinsic disadvantage, but his opponents do, every time.  his body gives him a large advantage in every single fight, probably larger than any skill deficit that could possibly exist at this point.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
qft, jones is so dominant because he has the perfect body for 205.  people rave about his skills, but put any of these other guys in his body and they would still be saying the same thing.  jones is able to execute all of his plans perfectly, to a degree i doubt has ever been seen in MMA before, because he is always physically superior to the other guy.  he never has to get creative and overcome an intrinsic disadvantage, but his opponents do, every time.  his body gives him a large advantage in every single fight, probably larger than any skill deficit that could possibly exist at this point.
well said :)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2013, 03:09:18 PM »
  Jones is a freak. Chael uses PED and is very strong and muscular   and he says he felt like a child against Jones

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
 pasta

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
i will box with gloves anyone anytime thinking about going to one of these boxing gyms and durham after work, i wonder if thats smart after work but maybe that would warm me up for a good fight
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
  Jones is a freak. Chael uses PED and is very strong and muscular   and he says he felt like a child against Jones

He was probably carb depleted, he should have listened to Jenny Craig Joe Loco....