Author Topic: This sign has been posted recently in my "ex" Gym  (Read 3714 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
This sign has been posted recently in my "ex" Gym
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
I want to have nothing todo with that place anymore... unbelievable that they think they can get away with this. All the "trainers" are doing is to strut around chatting up the cardio bunnies. Ben dunns the owner of the Gym chain actually trained one morning and he came over to me (I was one of the very few that trained at 06:00 AM) and asked me... What do we need in this gym to make it more apealing to people like you and my response was, what do you mean "people like me" and second we need bigger dumbells. He laughed and walked off lol

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: This sign has been posted recently in my "ex" Gym
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »
I bet it works though.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Good for him. Joe Gold just used to give ONE warning and if that didn't work, he'd kick you out, no if, and's or but's. You were gone, and it didn't matter who you were.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
I bet it works though.

No....
I wish I could take a picture of the dumbell rack now haha - I have a friend there I ask him to take a picture, there is hardly any dumbells left - I have no idea how he is not getting sued, they basicly take away something that members have paid for and penalize members that may have done the right thing and always returnd their dumbells, a few years ago he just decided to close the pool, same thing members paid for it but he just said fuck it I want to close the pool it costs too much, he narrowly avoided a catastrophic by scraping the idea last minute.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Love it...I manage a gym and this is by far the most frustrating part. But...I would never post a sign like that. Crazy!

Wait til a juice head comes across the sign and punches Ben in the face.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
Good for him. Joe Gold just used to give ONE warning and if that didn't work, he'd kick you out, no if, and's or but's. You were gone, and it didn't matter who you were.

THATS the right aproach!
Penalize the fucking jerk offs that don't re-rack the dumbells, but punishing people like me who have learned from the very beginning that you always always bring back the weight were you got it from is not right.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »
Soon the owner will have no other choice but hire Goudy to enforce the rules and create dumbbell nirvana.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
I want to have nothing todo with that place anymore... unbelievable that they think they can get away with this. All the "trainers" are doing is to strut around chatting up the cardio bunnies. Ben dunns the owner of the Gym chain actually trained one morning and he came over to me (I was one of the very few that trained at 06:00 AM) and asked me... What do we need in this gym to make it more apealing to people like you and my response was, what do you mean "people like me" and second we need bigger dumbells. He laughed and walked off lol

What's the problem?  I like it lol

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:26 AM »
they can't kick anybody out for fear of being labeled "racist" "misogynist" or "homophobe"

K

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
What's the problem?  I like it lol

So you wouldn't be focking angry of you come in one day and see that half of the dumbbells are gone?

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
10kg dumbells arent a thing to mess with

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »
Just make sure you put your 12.5 back bro, or you'll have nothing to train with  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
So you wouldn't be focking angry of you come in one day and see that half of the dumbbells are gone?

I don't know, I just hate the people that don't re rack shit.  

If you really think about it though, you're right...  Those fuckers that don't re-rack don't mind because they're playing with a different weight and doing a different exercise every day.  They don't give a shit if the weight they need isn't available.  They'll just stand in front of the rack and shadow box for a while to make up for it.  

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »
I don't know, I just hate the people that don't re rack shit.  

If you really think about it though, you're right...  Those fuckers that don't re-rack don't mind because they're playing with a different weight and doing a different exercise every day.  They don't give a shit if the weight they need isn't available.  They'll just stand in front of the rack and shadow box for a while to make up for it.  

The gym I work at on the weekends goes through this same thing. It's a "hardcore" locally owned gym. Basically any bodybuilders or power lifters in the area train here. Amazing gym, dumbells up to 200, guy:girl ratio of 10:1  :D.

But the owner gets so douchey about stuff like this. The fact is, every gym has a problem with re-racking weights. It will always be an issue in every gym. "Threatening" customers is a poor business move. Just post a friendly sign and have the front desk guy go out every few hours and do plate-monkey duties.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:57 AM »
Some people are just douche bags. They don't rack dumbbells, leave plates on the leg press, and don't wipe the equipment down. Prior to having pins on a lease, pins were missing from every machine. Guys actually stole them if they saw one to make sure they had one when they trained. It just represents the lack of moral character that makes a douche bag. Karma is a bitch as the expression goes. Douche bags live a douche bag life with douche bag friends. Eventually their douche bag wife takes the house, douche bag kids and half his pay check. Think douche bag learns? No he becomes more of a douche bag.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
it's really trashy for people to walk away with dumbbells and not return them.   i hate places like that... water bottles and towels left behind... people treat it like a walmart.  take pride in your place.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 11:49:43 AM »
The gym I work at on the weekends goes through this same thing. It's a "hardcore" locally owned gym. Basically any bodybuilders or power lifters in the area train here. Amazing gym, dumbells up to 200, guy:girl ratio of 10:1  :D.

But the owner gets so douchey about stuff like this. The fact is, every gym has a problem with re-racking weights. It will always be an issue in every gym. "Threatening" customers is a poor business move. Just post a friendly sign and have the front desk guy go out every few hours and do plate-monkey duties.

Oh yeah, I use to go to this gym in the midwest run by this old ex Marine.  The guy made sure people didn't forget to re-rack, but the oldschool members also got on you if you didn't.  I never had a problem because I put shit back as I use it, but I liked that place.  My blood pressure sky rockets when I see some fuck head leave shit sitting around.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
It can work the opposite way with ppl being too anal about the equipment. I had a guy try to demand me to clean a machine I already cleaned. This confrontation almost came to blows over accusing me of something I didn't do. Haven't seen the guy there much since.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »

Putting things back to where I picked it from has never been a problem for me though.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
"Klagt nicht, Kämpft"  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
Oh yeah, I use to go to this gym in the midwest run by this old ex Marine.  The guy made sure people didn't forget to re-rack, but the oldschool members also got on you if you didn't.  I never had a problem because I put shit back as I use it, but I liked that place.  My blood pressure sky rockets when I see some fuck head leave shit sitting around.
Well see here is the problem a twink does 15lb side laterals for 8 reps then he is too tired to replace the dumbells and has leave from exhaustion so a catch 22.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
Putting things back to where I picked it from has never been a problem for me though.
I don't understand picking what up?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »

X2
If you can't put it back, the weight is simply too much.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 12:47:57 PM »
No....
I wish I could take a picture of the dumbell rack now haha - I have a friend there I ask him to take a picture, there is hardly any dumbells left - I have no idea how he is not getting sued, they basicly take away something that members have paid for and penalize members that may have done the right thing and always returnd their dumbells, a few years ago he just decided to close the pool, same thing members paid for it but he just said fuck it I want to close the pool it costs too much, he narrowly avoided a catastrophic by scraping the idea last minute.

True. I hope all their members leave.
If you try to discipline your customers they will simply leave.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
True. I hope all their members leave.
If you try to discipline your customers they will simply leave.

That's BS, most members take their responsibility already, just a few lazy fucktards make a mess and think they can walk away with that, fuck them.