Author Topic: Game of the YEAR.  (Read 4658 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Game of the YEAR.
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:56:27 PM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Game of the YEAR.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
i remember the first one

changed the face of gaming
T

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »

I thought this was about the ice hockey world championships starting this very coming Friday wooooo

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
Gonna play as the Balding Trevor and skip the others :D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
I thought this was about the ice hockey world championships starting this very coming Friday wooooo

8)

(wtf on that fat one haha)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
If it's more of an interactive movie and less of a video game like GTAIV was...then no. Not GOTY.

So far Metal Gear Revengeance is GOTY. It's "Videogame: The Videogame".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:34:35 PM »

Never been one for the GTA games. You seem to have an infatuation with criminal life styles whether Costra Nostra, the Kennedys, or games involving criminal activity. Why the interest?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
If it's more of an interactive movie and less of a video game like GTAIV was...then no. Not GOTY.

So far Metal Gear Revengeance is GOTY. It's "Videogame: The Videogame".

Did you play DMC?  Despite everyone's bitching, I thought it was pretty good.  Still want to play revengeance, but I don't have a console or TV currently :(

I'm also very much looking forward to MGSV and Dark Souls 2, hope they come out this year (prob not tho, for metal gear at least).

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
adonis you need to play fight night champion

use the shortest guy with the shortest reach

it makes for a superior challenge , its crazy technical and fun
A

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
Did you play DMC?  Despite everyone's bitching, I thought it was pretty good.  Still want to play revengeance, but I don't have a console or TV currently :(

I'm also very much looking forward to MGSV and Dark Souls 2, hope they come out this year (prob not tho, for metal gear at least).

I have zero interest to play DmC at all, and hearing from all my gaming friends that are in to the action game genre (DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta etc.) they all say that DmC isn't a true Devil May Cry game. Most can say it is a GOOD game, but not what the series was built on. if CAPCOM wasn't so dead set on trying cash grab with the series, and just used a new IP to the name of the game, I would have given it a go. Voting with my dolla.

The good thing about Revengeance is the demo is on Live and PSN for free. I recommend it to anyone who was ever a Bayonetta, Vanquish, original DMC series fan, or Ninja Gaiden fan.  The game will completely and utterly destroy you if you don't know what you are doing, but once you know what's up it becomes borderline ridiculous how awesome things get.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
I have zero interest to play DmC at all, and hearing from all my gaming friends that are in to the action game genre (DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta etc.) they all say that DmC isn't a true Devil May Cry game. Most can say it is a GOOD game, but not what the series was built on. if CAPCOM wasn't so dead set on trying cash grab with the series, and just used a new IP to the name of the game, I would have given it a go. Voting with my dolla.

this is what everyone says, but really, i just have to laugh... "not what the series was built on"??? it's like... got most of the same characters, most of the same mechanics, most of the same everything... i honestly doubt 95% of the people bitching about the "dumbing down" even play these games at a "high level" anyway.  as for the people who complain that it's aesthetically gone astray somehow, or the new dante rubs them the wrong way... lol.  i attribute 99% of these nonsensical complaints to the fact that people forgot they aren't 12 anymore like they were when DMC 1 came out.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »
did you like far cry 3?

E
No.  I found it to be boring with a horrible story line actually.  Little variation and did I mention its incredibly boring and too easy.

I am playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy again and that is how a story should be.  Far Cry 3 is shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
Never been one for the GTA games. You seem to have an infatuation with criminal life styles whether Costra Nostra, the Kennedys, or games involving criminal activity. Why the interest?
GTA`s all have a superb story lines and social commentary, especially on the talk radio and news stations.  The Weasel News with Mike WHITEly (parody of FOX News) in GTA IV was hilarious and spot on.  There is so much to GTA that most never understand probably. The Character Development is unsurpassed and unrivaled.   There is also the graphics and variety of things to do and see.  Its not a game for people with short attention spans.

GTA IV even had its own Rich Piana- Steroid using- Mildly Homosexual bodybuilder Bruce.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »
this is what everyone says, but really, i just have to laugh... "not what the series was built on"??? it's like... got most of the same characters, most of the same mechanics, most of the same everything... i honestly doubt 95% of the people bitching about the "dumbing down" even play these games at a "high level" anyway.  as for the people who complain that it's aesthetically gone astray somehow, or the new dante rubs them the wrong way... lol.  i attribute 99% of these nonsensical complaints to the fact that people forgot they aren't 12 anymore like they were when DMC 1 came out.

I play these games at "high level". I beat MG:R on Revengeance difficulty, S-Ranked all the fights. I like video games, and the people that are complaining about the new DmC like video games also. We don't want interactive movies. If we wanted interactive movies we would play Call of Madden 2013, Asura's Wrath, Heavy Rain, or L.A. Noire (all great stuff).

Like I said, if the new DmC was actually a different set of characters and IP, I'd want to play it. Until then, no. I want my DMC series to be crazy ass technical mastery to get the most out of the game, and considering those sort of games are fairly niche the only way I can send "my" message is by not buying the game. Oh, and by also buying two copies of Revengeance.  :D

Anyways, have some Scientifically Accurate Ninja Turtles: [ Invalid YouTube link ]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
Hahahha They even had this in GTA IV

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
hahaha that hillbilly character is awesome

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Hahahha They even had this in GTA IV

hahahaha bald dude is totally 333386

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
Like I said, if the new DmC was actually a different set of characters and IP, I'd want to play it. Until then, no.

???

The new look is probably the best part about it.  You just get done giving your off-topic rant about "interactive movies" and then say you won't play it on aesthetic grounds, basically... you, along with everyone else whining about DmC, say you like games, but here comes a game that is at worst marginally inferior to previous games in the series, and you refuse to play it?  did you play DMC 4?  there's a lot more to complain about there than with DmC...

i think everyone got so fuckin rabid as soon as ninja theory took the helm, they were too prideful to admit they were wrong.  out comes a solid game with some minor problems, and everyone blows things way out of proportion.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »
Noooope this is game of the year:

And the standalone DLC coming out tomorrow starring the guy who played Kyle reese in Terminator 1  ;D :

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
in what universe did far cry 3 come out during 2013

::)

can't wait to download blood dragon tho :D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
in what universe did far cry 3 come out during 2013

::)

can't wait to download blood dragon tho :D

LOL - good point.... hahahaha I feel like an idiot now!

ITS THAT GOOD THAT ITS GAME OF THE YEAR TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!!! ;D