Author Topic: why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle"...  (Read 3149 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?

serious question for those in favor of "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazine ban

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Because "coexist."
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
nobody that has been posting day in and day out about gun control has an answer for this?

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
Because.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
nobody that has been posting day in and day out about gun control has an answer for this?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
There's not exactly a hoard here beating the drum daily for gun control.  I think the majority here are pro gun/pro 2nd. There's maybe 3 or 4 and some of those clearly are not interested in answering so much as baiting, like blacken.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Pro Gun Control advocates will eventually win...some states are adding ever more restrictions to the type and kind of firearms and magazine you can own. Smart gun control advocates attack the problem akin to the way they attacked cigarettes and Big Tobacco.......by it being a health issue. 

Meanwhile, Pro-Gun advocates just scream and chant "get your hands off my guns." They do not advocate for change but take a hard line on an old way of thinking.  Less and less percentage of Americans are nowadays owning guns and violent crime rates are falling (not having to do with another).

I am pro-gun....i own five firearms. Ive used one for work for many years and love going to the range.  But...we are going to ultimately lose this debate.  More gun control legislation will pass and will lead to outright bans.  We cannot affect eventual change.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?

serious question for those in favor of "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazine ban

Because they could be converted to airsoft rifles.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
There's not exactly a hoard here beating the drum daily for gun control.  I think the majority here are pro gun/pro 2nd. There's maybe 3 or 4 and some of those clearly are not interested in answering so much as baiting, like blacken.

Yep.  I don't see many advocating a stricter gun control measure.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Because people love their toys.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

why shouldn't a law abiding citizen be able to own a grenade launcher

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
there is no such thing as a assault rifle for civilians 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
there is no such thing as a assault rifle for civilians 

no shit

how many times has that been mentioned on this board

I wonder why Tony kept asking about it over and over again

he even put it in quotation marks but then he also put high capacity magazine in quotation marks and we know they exist.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Its all about the lines isn't it?

We should be able to own guns, but what kind of guns?

Should we be able to own artillery?  Grenades?  Tanks?  SAM's?

Should we be able to own .50 cal machine guns?

Fully automatic weapons?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
why shouldn't a law abiding citizen be able to own a grenade launcher

Sorry, but that's not an answer.  It's a deflection.  An attempt to change the conversation to a stupid irrelevant argument that you feel you have a better chance of winning.  The OP posted a simple question and clearly none of you ban lovers can answer it because there is no good reason why they can't.

OzmO

• Getbig V
 ;D  Ok, I'll play the game:

Because if one of those "law Abiding" citizens mentally snap and decide to go on a killing spree they can do far more damage with an assault rifle and high capacity mags, then a bolt action rifle or 6 round revolver. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Because they could be converted to airsoft rifles.

;D

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Its all about the lines isn't it?

We should be able to own guns, but what kind of guns?

Should we be able to own artillery?  Grenades?  Tanks?  SAM's?

Should we be able to own .50 cal machine guns?

Fully automatic weapons?

How is an AR15 equivalent to a grenade or a tank?  It shoots a very small bullet one at a time.  It is not a machine gun.  Maybe the feds should have machine guns, grenades and tanks but citizens should go back to using a bow and arrow.

The issue here should be what makes someone decide to kill a bunch of people.  The tool that they choose to use should be irrelevant.  Bombs are outlawed but yet a couple of nuts used them in Boston and killed people.  If it isn't this weapon it will be that weapon.  You shouldn't penalize the overwhelming majority of sane, responsible people because there are some nuts out there.

We are talking about people that are equipped to do other people harm.  As a man with a dick, you are equipped to rape women.  A lot more rapes happen every year then mass AR15 shootings.   Should we start castrating all men?  After all, they could snap and start raping women.  If men didn't have cocks we could virtually eliminate rape. 

The government can not protect you from all potential harm.  A better choice would be to learn how to protect yourself.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
How is an AR15 equivalent to a grenade or a tank?  It shoots a very small bullet one at a time.  It is not a machine gun.  Maybe the feds should have machine guns, grenades and tanks but citizens should go back to using a bow and arrow.

I agree with this argument

The issue here should be what makes someone decide to kill a bunch of people.  The tool that they choose to use should be irrelevant.  Bombs are outlawed but yet a couple of nuts used them in Boston and killed people.  If it isn't this weapon it will be that weapon.  You shouldn't penalize the overwhelming majority of sane, responsible people because there are some nuts out there.

We are talking about people that are equipped to do other people harm.  As a man with a dick, you are equipped to rape women.  A lot more rapes happen every year then mass AR15 shootings.   Should we start castrating all men?  After all, they could snap and start raping women.  If men didn't have cocks we could virtually eliminate rape. 

The government can not protect you from all potential harm.  A better choice would be to learn how to protect yourself. 

This is a big part of the whole argument.  The normal law abiding citizen will not have access to weapons that can cause major harm easily therefore there won't be higher death rates when he goes cockoo.

I don't fully agree with this and am not a proponent for outlawing assault weapons, however, i do think automatic weapons should still be outlawed.  The dick comparison falls flat because  we are born with them and they are a part of our bodies.  So its not really much of an argument.  Next, you can't always prevent people from snapping nor predict when they will.  Which means thank goodness they don't have nukes, machines guns grenades and maybe "assault weapons" which is the real debate here.  The fact that many people have guns is a deterrent IMO from many other crimes.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
  The fact that many people have guns is a deterrent IMO from many other crimes.

I agree 100%

I just don't understand why liberty is becoming unimportant to a huge segment of the population.  They have all this misplaced faith in the government to solve all of our problems.  First of all that's not possible, but even if it was possible it's not smart. 

The debate that people should be having right now should be about the role of government.  What are they really there to do?  How much control over our every day lives should they have?  How much of our money do they need?  Why are they preoccupied with gun control, abortion and immigration reform while we are facing vastly more important issues? 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
;D  Ok, I'll play the game:

Because if one of those "law Abiding" citizens mentally snap and decide to go on a killing spree they can do far more damage with an assault rifle and high capacity mags, then a bolt action rifle or 6 round revolver. 

That's a big "if' and a very small chance of happening.  You have a higher chance of drowning in your bathtub than getting gun downed by a high capacity rifle. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
More guns than ever and the murder rate continues to drop.

Pull the black-on-black violence out of the equation (95% of blacks are murdered by other blacks) and the murder rate drops even more significantly.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
More guns than ever and the murder rate continues to drop.

Pull the black-on-black violence out of the equation (95% of blacks are murdered by other blacks) and the murder rate drops even more significantly.

But it's for the children.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert