Author Topic: why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle"...  (Read 3139 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Costly mistake.  They better lock this kid up.  He's a menace.

Ha. Read the comments.

DailyKos has some of the most arrogant, elitist, self-hating assholes on the internet posting on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Ha. Read the comments.

DailyKos has some of the most arrogant, elitist, self-hating assholes on the internet posting on it.

The funny thing is that these are same clowns screaming every time someone is arrested and jailed for possession of pot.  Go figure that one out! 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why shouldn't a law abiding citizen be able to own a grenade launcher
Sorry, but that's not an answer.  It's a deflection.  An attempt to change the conversation to a stupid irrelevant argument that you feel you have a better chance of winning.  The OP posted a simple question and clearly none of you ban lovers can answer it because there is no good reason why they can't.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Tony - how many times have you asked me this question now and how many times have I answered it

I've literally lost count.  You asked it a few months ago and last year, etc...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Tony - how many times have you asked me this question now and how many times have I answered it

I've literally lost count.  You asked it a few months ago and last year, etc...

I havent ever got an answer really, ive got deflections like the one you tried in this thread.

Thats not an answer...

why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and "high capacity" magazines?

not an question but your reasoning behind your view that they shouldnt be allowed.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Own away, but will you be willing to face a stiff penalty if your assault rifle one day winds up in a criminals hands and used in a crime?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Own away, but will you be willing to face a stiff penalty if your assault rifle one day winds up in a criminals hands and used in a crime?

Oh GMAFB 

Typical thug cop mentaliy 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
are you also in favor of punishing those who have their cars stolen and used in criminal activity? ::)

Im very much in favor of keeping your guns in safe and secure places but if a criminal happens to get to them, you really feel that I should be held accountable?

is your idiocy only limited to "assault rifles" or all guns? what about knives?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Oh GMAFB 

Typical thug cop mentaliy 

Yep, this thug cop doesn't want to come face to face with an AK because someone didn't secure it in their house or vehicle and it got stolen...  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
are you also in favor of punishing those who have their cars stolen and used in criminal activity? ::)

Im very much in favor of keeping your guns in safe and secure places but if a criminal happens to get to them, you really feel that I should be held accountable?

is your idiocy only limited to "assault rifles" or all guns? what about knives?

No, pretty much just firearms..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
No, pretty much just firearms..
any particular reason for the blatent hypocrisey or just plain ignorance?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
any particular reason for the blatent hypocrisey or just plain ignorance?

No particular reason.. just my opinion. With owning firearms comes responsibility. People want to collect an arsenal fine.. keep it out of the hands of the bad guys..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
No particular reason.. just my opinion. With owning firearms comes responsibility. People want to collect an arsenal fine.. keep it out of the hands of the bad guys..
and no responsiblity comes with owning a car or knives, right?

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Really?  Don't remember hearing you make this claim for gun walking.  So you think all those ATF agents belong in prison?  Or is it all cool when cops do it and fuck up and let guns wind up in the hands of criminals?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I havent ever got an answer really, ive got deflections like the one you tried in this thread.

Thats not an answer...

why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and "high capacity" magazines?

not an question but your reasoning behind your view that they shouldnt be allowed.

what is your definition of an "assault rifle" ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
what is your definition of an "assault rifle" ?
I didnt coin the term, maybe you should ask your liberal friends as they are the ones who want them banned.

I would say use the term "assault weapon" in the way they used it in their bill that failed miserably

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Alleged Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club
— Her Husband Responds With a Revolver

By Erica Ritz | The Blaze – Sun, Apr 28, 2013

Armen's Music Store
(Photo: KDKA-TV)

Police say a Pennsylvania business owner fatally shot an intruder after the man attacked the business owner's wife with a club.

Sylvia and Alfred Armen were working in the music store they own, CBS Pittsburgh/KDKA reports, when the suspect came in and looked at some of the merchandise.  He reportedly left for a few minutes, then came back with a wooden club.

Without delay, he allegedly struck Sylvia in the head, before "Mr. Armen came to her rescue," Bethel Park Police Chief John Mackey said.

The Armens are both in their seventies.

Armen's Music Store
Alfred reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the assailant before fatally shooting him with a revolver.

Authorities aren't saying whether the couple knew the suspect, but he is described as a white male in his early thirties.

Sylvia and Alfred were both hospitalized for their injuries, but are expected to be alright.

"I think they're in pretty decent shape considering what occurred here today," Mackey described.

Police have not released a motive for the suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-penn-intruder-dead-attacking-elderly-woman-club-004819256.html

I suppose the gun grabbers expected the seventy year old woman to fend off the thirty year old man while her elderly husband called the police, ...and keep getting beaten by the club until they arrived. ::)  
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
Alleged Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club
— Her Husband Responds With a Revolver

By Erica Ritz | The Blaze – Sun, Apr 28, 2013

Armen's Music Store

Police say a Pennsylvania business owner fatally shot an intruder after the man attacked the business owner's wife with a club.
Sylvia and Alfred Armen were working in the music store they own, CBS Pittsburgh/KDKA reports, when the suspect came in and looked at some of the merchandise.  He reportedly left for a few minutes, then came back with a wooden club.

Without delay, he allegedly struck Sylvia in the head, before "Mr. Armen came to her rescue," Bethel Park Police Chief John Mackey said.
The Armens are both in their seventies.

Armen's Music Store
Alfred reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the assailant before fatally shooting him with a revolver.

Authorities aren't saying whether the couple knew the suspect, but he is described as a white male in his early thirties.

Sylvia and Alfred were both hospitalized for their injuries, but are expected to be alright.

"I think they're in pretty decent shape considering what occurred here today," Mackey described.

Police have not released a motive for the suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-penn-intruder-dead-attacking-elderly-woman-club-004819256.html

I suppose the gun grabbers expected the seventy year old woman to find off the thirty year old man while her elderly husband called the police, ...and keep getting beaten by the club until they arrived. ::) 

You must be drunk-- because that was a valid and intelligent post that had nothing to do with selling gold on the internet.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Really?  Don't remember hearing you make this claim for gun walking.  So you think all those ATF agents belong in prison?  Or is it all cool when cops do it and fuck up and let guns wind up in the hands of criminals?

Skip, it's not cool. That no one was held accountable for that ridiculous operation other than some transfers is typical of our governments philosophy. The supervisors and management who approved and or implemented that operation and allowed guns to get into the hands of bad guys should be prosecuted.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
You must be drunk-- because that was a valid and intelligent post that had nothing to do with selling gold on the internet.

I'm quite sober.

Perhaps if you read more of my stuff and sought to comprehend what I'm trying to say, rather than have a pavlovian kneejerk response, you'd see I quite frequently make valid and intelligent posts. Some have to do with gold, ...some do not.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so no real answer?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I didnt coin the term, maybe you should ask your liberal friends as they are the ones who want them banned.

I would say use the term "assault weapon" in the way they used it in their bill that failed miserably

I didn't say you created the word but you wrote the word in the title of your thread and put it in quotation marks so you're clearly defining some meaning of the word in your mind.

"
here's a link to the bill (thanks Skip)
I can't find the word "assault weapon" but I might have missed it
can you tell me what part you're referring to

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s374/text

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I didn't say you created the word but you wrote the word in the title of your thread and put it in quotation marks so you're clearly defining some meaning of the word in your mind.

"

g0 change your diaper

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
g0 change your diaper

this is what your frustrated fanboy Bereft Fairy calls me stalking you

tonymctones

• Getbig V

"

I quoted the fundy libtards who want them banned, including yourself...are you telling me you were for the "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazine ban and you didnt even know what it banned?

sounds about right for the "you have to pass the bill before we know whats in it" crowd.....

here you go

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/assault-weapons-ban_n_3103120.html

do a little more research Im sure you can find it