Author Topic: Paleo Diet  (Read 3612 times)

dustin

Re: Paleo Diet
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:20 PM »
i agree, they're terrible and cause a multitude of health problems. my ex is a doctoral student in anthropology, she showed me the massive spike in dental problems and bone issues that started occurring right around the time when grain agriculture became a thing.

we do need some carbs but there are other sources. it's amazing how carb-centric our modern diets have become

They're putting fucking carbs in our carbs so we can die while we die. But in all seriousness, it's crazy how everything's got to be infused with some sort of corn based product or sugar.

When I first started reading food labels like 5-6 years ago my mind was blown. Even in Canada I've noticed a steady progression. Anything in a package has corn or sugar in it. I try cooking damn near everything I eat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »
larvae and mollusks are vegetables now?
Don`t understand what gatherer and forager mean?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
They're putting fucking carbs in our carbs so we can die while we die. But in all seriousness, it's crazy how everything's got to be infused with some sort of corn based product or sugar.

When I first started reading food labels like 5-6 years ago my mind was blown. Even in Canada I've noticed a steady progression. Anything in a package has corn or sugar in it. I try cooking damn near everything I eat.
???

I don`t understand your misplaced fear.  What are you talking about?  How does one go about making Moravian Sugar Cake without Sugar?  ???

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
All I read about the diet was:

Eat:
Grass-produced meats
Fish/seafood
Fresh fruits and veggies
Eggs
Nuts and seeds
Healthful oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)

Don't eat:
Cereal grains
Legumes (including peanuts)
Dairy
Refined sugar
Potatoes
Processed foods
Salt
Refined vegetable oils

dustin

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »
???

I don`t understand your misplaced fear.  What are you talking about?  How does one go about making Moravian Sugar Cake without Sugar?  ???

Don't get me wrong. I don't vilify sugar or carbs, but everything off the shelf is laced with it, in Canada at least. I cook twice a day and bake at least a couple of times per week. I use sugar 4-5 times per week, but I like it only when I choose. I don't like it tucked away in everything. It pushes consumers towards expensive, shitty and over priced organic foods a lot of the time. It makes shopping a chore.

Close to nothing we eat is packaged, but fuck me running if I want to buy anything packaged. First ingredient is sugar or a carb, plus 10 other saccharides. Even a lot of good sushi places in town are pressuring their chefs to lace their rice with tons of sugar. Keep that shit for sale in a convenience store! :-X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 12:21:03 AM »
Don't get me wrong. I don't vilify sugar or carbs, but everything off the shelf is laced with it, in Canada at least. I cook twice a day and bake at least a couple of times per week. I use sugar 4-5 times per week, but I like it only when I choose. I don't like it tucked away in everything. It pushes consumers towards expensive, shitty and over priced organic foods a lot of the time. It makes shopping a chore.

Close to nothing we eat is packaged, but fuck me running if I want to buy anything packaged. First ingredient is sugar or a carb, plus 10 other saccharides. Even a lot of good sushi places in town are pressuring their chefs to lace their rice with tons of sugar. Keep that shit for sale in a convenience store! :-X
Like what kind of foods though are you talking about?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 12:52:24 AM »
this paleo stuff just gets on my nerves.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »
Don`t understand what gatherer and forager mean?  ???
So far I seem to be the only one in this thread:

What kind of carb sources were available?  ...

Quote from: TA
fruits, grains, tubers, and mushrooms, insect larvae and aquatic mollusks

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »

yeah i feel you man. first thing my parents noticed when we all moved to america was how fucking sweet everything is. but sugar and corn syrup are cheap so they put it everywhere. i'd even go so far as to say it's a way to get people addicted so they can buy more food, but most people call me paranoid.