Author Topic: Crossfit: What's the point of walking with heavy dumbbells?  (Read 6118 times)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Crossfit: What's the point of walking with heavy dumbbells?
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
Like any gym you have beginners to elite crossfit trainers. I don't crossfit but a lot of bodybuilders would be embarrassed trying to keep up with the guys who are dedicated crossfit trainers. They would leave with their tail between their legs.

same goes for those crossfit 'trainers' when they take their shirts off anywhere near me -- I leave em with there nuts between their legs trying to go do actual squats, rather than some sport-specific movement ripoff

yea they train hard - for crossfit shit i dont train for - yes i do get on stage and yes I do train for that -

bodybuilders being embarassed, yes, but crossfitters get embarrassed too, like when their girl asks "how does that guy have abs at 250+lbs"

BOOM ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
Looking at womens lycra-clad posteriors, is said to aggrevate the first few vertebrae if done too quickly

Bigcyp bringing truth and educational insight to the thread by exposing biomechanical mysteries and bringing enlightenment to us all.

You have my nomination for "Honorary Doctor of Chiropractic." All that's left is to memorize the "knee bone is connected to the, leg bone, ..." song and your anatomy credits will be complete.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
this is a great thread especially the one post were he calls certain exercises "crossfit" exercises as if they invented the exercise. lol

The poster may have called those exercises that...but show me where people involved in CF do. 

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
carrying nice young pussy on shoulders is the best "crossfit"  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:10 PM »
I can't stand those nervous crossfitters. They should leave my gym and up the Ritalin dose.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »
referring to those scrawny kids struggling to hold 50lb dumbbells as crossfitters is like referring to the 300lb permabulker beating his chest about his bounce-rep bench with 275 as a "bodybuilder". they're trying to do it, but they're not representative of the activity.

the open crossfit games this year has an event that's 21-15-9 reps of deadlifts with 315 and 30" box jumps. how many guys reading this thread could hit 21 reps on 315 with deadlifts at all, let alone for speed? there's one workout that's five rounds of max reps of bench with your bodyweight and pullups. the guys who go to the games can deadlift, on average, in the 500s and can clean and jerk 3 plates. can anyone here clean and jerk 315?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
referring to those scrawny kids struggling to hold 50lb dumbbells as crossfitters is like referring to the 300lb permabulker beating his chest about his bounce-rep bench with 275 as a "bodybuilder". they're trying to do it, but they're not representative of the activity.

the open crossfit games this year has an event that's 21-15-9 reps of deadlifts with 315 and 30" box jumps. how many guys reading this thread could hit 21 reps on 315 with deadlifts at all, let alone for speed? there's one workout that's five rounds of max reps of bench with your bodyweight and pullups. the guys who go to the games can deadlift, on average, in the 500s and can clean and jerk 3 plates. can anyone here clean and jerk 315?
MisterMangoo!! You've been crossfitting?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
MisterMangoo!! You've been crossfitting?

i do crossfit football. it's more strength based, but still a lot of speed/agility work. today was a lot of snatches followed by shouldering a 160lb keg for reps then running with it a bunch of times.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

Thank you.....did you try the 13.1 workout?

The bodyweight benching one is this :

Five rounds for max reps of:

Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

I got 145 total reps. May seem like pussy number, but I would love for some to try it.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
145 total reps on that workout is a really strong number.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
cswol does not do crossfit.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 07:07:40 PM »
145 total reps on that workout is a really strong number.

Those were strict pullups too.  I HATE benching...

Got done with the Crossfit 13.1 workout a little while ago. I scored 150. On a whim, I looked at the leader board for the 2013 Crossfit Open for both my current age group and for next year. This year (40 - 44) I would be in the top 67, for next year I would be in the top 15.  I looked back when I did the 13.2 workout (3/16) and see that I scored in the top 16 for this year, and top 4 for next year. Hmmmm

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 07:19:05 PM »
Lynne is one of my faves. my only issue is i shit out hard after 3 rounds. i'll get about 22-23 reps of each in round one, then round 2 is 15-16, then i drop to like 6-7. guys like rich froning amaze me when they can do those workouts and be consistent round to round. 145 is a damn good number, I tend to end up more around 120 or so.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
Combine my totals for 13.1 and 13.2 and I am in 16th place for the 40 - 44yo, and if I can keep my strength through next year (as well as improve the technique) I would be tied for 6th place as a 45yo