Author Topic: 5/14/13 Stock market SURGES past record highs on Obama policies !!!! FUBB  (Read 1235 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Obama is your Master. Bow before him you worthless  getbig shitbags.

Dow 15,215.     Suck on that you losers, whiners & complainers.

FUBB

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Welcome back Mons Venus. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

FUBB

clearly those savvy stock market investors are not aware of Obama's plan to collapse the nation otherwise they would be investing their cash in canned foods, beef jerky and bullets

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

Happy days are here again.....for some, at least. 

Interestingly enough, the top 5-10% and their income gains mirror the rise of the combined U.S. markets. That third segment of income earners used to be happy tagging along at a distance with the top 2 earning populations....not so much anymore. This is income redistribution going from bottom to the top.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Interestingly enough, the top 5-10% and their income gains mirror the rise of the combined U.S. markets. That third segment of income earners used to be happy tagging along at a distance with the top 2 earning populations....not so much anymore. This is income redistribution going from bottom to the top.

It's like talking to a wall.

The liberal retards on this board can't comprehend this truth.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV

FUBB

Another day, another Obama/Dow RECORD high

President Obama is God

FUBB

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Bill Clinton is directly responsible for the current Great Recession.  Obama is following in his footsteps and will be responsible for the next, worse and longer Great Recession. 

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
Bill Clinton is directly responsible for the current Great Recession.  Obama is following in his footsteps and will be responsible for the next, worse and longer Great Recession. 

If memory serves me correctly YOU were in denial during the market crash of 2008.

Are you always on the WRONG side of markets?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Welcome back Mons Venus. 

Yup, The Enigma is definitely Mons Venus.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
If memory serves me correctly YOU were in denial during the market crash of 2008.

Are you always on the WRONG side of markets?

Yes, I'm a loser you know that!

Signed,

loco

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Yup, The Enigma is definitely Mons Venus.

No doubt.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
During the Bush administration I got fooled with this bullshit once and I'm not going to fall for it again.  People were saying "The economy is going to shit" but the Republican spin machine's favorite retort was "But the stock market is hitting record highs". 

Two words, economic bubble.  If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.  The bottom line is that you can not borrow, spend and print money by the trillions and pretend you are a strong economy.  This thing is going to tank and I don't plan to have my money in it when it does.  I'll buy stock at a discount after the market takes a shit.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
During the Bush administration I got fooled with this bullshit once and I'm not going to fall for it again.  People were saying "The economy is going to shit" but the Republican spin machine's favorite retort was "But the stock market is hitting record highs". 

Two words, economic bubble.  If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.  The bottom line is that you can not borrow, spend and print money by the trillions and pretend you are a strong economy.  This thing is going to tank and I don't plan to have my money in it when it does.  I'll buy stock at a discount after the market takes a shit.   

smart man. 

This is most definitely an artificial bubble. More smoke & mirrors, ...and it's all going to come crashing down.

Right now in the UK they're trying to repeat the US subprime debacle by subsidizing mortgages and making ninja loans. Just another giant paper shuffle trying to keep the game going a little longer.
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

It's very simple. Once the recession started, that was a great time to buy stocks if you had the money.  Now is a good time to sell stocks.  Most people won't do this, and that's why it works so well for the few that do.  As Warren Buffet said "I am confident when others panic, and I panic when others are confident. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV

Thanks for the chart.

1. While the content of the chart is disconcerting, I don't think the divergences in income between quintiles (and the top 5%) would be as extreme if median real household income were used. The overall trend would still be present, but perhaps much less so.

2. As Thomas Sowell has pointed out, as far income goes, the statistical groups which usually serve as the units of analysis aren't simply groups of people: many people currently in the lower quintiles will end up in the upper quintiles, and vice versa. There is significant turnover among quintiles, meaning we shouldn't read into the chart that there is a class of "rich people" who have reaped the sole benefits of market moves while everyone else has suffered.

3. Also, this chart follows household rather than individual data. The size of households has been declining over the period under consideration, which naturally contributes to lower income-per-household values. But this can be consistent with per capita (per person) or median (individual) income increasing.

None of this is to say everything is a-ok, of course.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
Thanks for the chart.

1. While the content of the chart is disconcerting, I don't think the divergences in income between quintiles (and the top 5%) would be as extreme if median real household income were used. The overall trend would still be present, but perhaps much less so.

2. As Thomas Sowell has pointed out, as far income goes, the statistical groups which usually serve as the units of analysis aren't simply groups of people: many people currently in the lower quintiles will end up in the upper quintiles, and vice versa. There is significant turnover among quintiles, meaning we shouldn't read into the chart that there is a class of "rich people" who have reaped the sole benefits of market moves while everyone else has suffered.

3. Also, this chart follows household rather than individual data. The size of households has been declining over the period under consideration, which naturally contributes to lower income-per-household values. But this can be consistent with per capita (per person) or median (individual) income increasing.

The changes in household size is a valid point and well taken, but it's the state of the demographics. I chose the chart because it was really the only one with separated populations, trying to find a per-capita chart is that's sorted by population segments is tough...but I think that chart shows enough data. I understand what Sowell is saying as well, but income disparity is the largest its ever been, or close to it and wages to budge. Every time we have a recession the "miracle cure" by the govt. and Fed Reserve seem to only help the top 5% or so. The cure the results in the bottom 90% doing worse than they were before.

I guess I'm just trying to say that there is a huge problem and the latest "Cure" by those in power is making the problem worse.

-Wage growth is stagnant/declining for the majority.
-Income disparity is massive.
-The top 5% or so are doing better than ever.
-The rest don't see any improvement.

Here's a random chart:

Those income gains mirror the growth in the markets, not just now, but historically.

Yes, another mean household chart, but

Depressed wages:

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
The changes in household size is a valid point and well taken, but it's the state of the demographics. I chose the chart because it was really the only one with separated populations, trying to find a per-capita chart is that's sorted by population segments is tough...but I think that chart shows enough data. I understand what Sowell is saying as well, but income disparity is the largest its ever been, or close to it and wages to budge. Every time we have a recession the "miracle cure" by the govt. and Fed Reserve seem to only help the top 5% or so. The cure the results in the bottom 90% doing worse than they were before.

I guess I'm just trying to say that there is a huge problem and the latest "Cure" by those in power is making the problem worse.

-Wage growth is stagnant/declining for the majority.
-Income disparity is massive.
-The top 5% or so are doing better than ever.
-The rest don't see any improvement.

Here's a random chart:

Those income gains mirror the growth in the markets, not just now, but historically.

Yes, another mean household chart, but

Depressed wages:

There's a definite and significant trend here, no doubt. I'm not sure what can be done at this point other than selfishly looking out for one and one's family's interests -- just the same if the trend didn't exist, really. The elites will sort this out one way or another.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
What's wrong with top 1% owning all the wealth?

The bottom 99% spend ALL their time posting here.

Deal with it biitcches!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
What's wrong with top 1% owning all the wealth?

The bottom 99% spend ALL their time posting here.

Deal with it biitcches!!!

Epic self ownage.    ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the DOW's perforamnce is a result of MANY thing.  Prez policy is just a fraction of it.

The Dow opened at 8,279.63 on the morning Obama took the oath of office.   It's gone up what, almost 7000 points? 

HOWEVER,

If the DOW had DROPPED 7000 points under Obama - would getbigger blame him?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
the DOW's perforamnce is a result of MANY thing.  Prez policy is just a fraction of it.

The Dow opened at 8,279.63 on the morning Obama took the oath of office.   It's gone up what, almost 7000 points? 

HOWEVER,

If the DOW had DROPPED 7000 points under Obama - would getbigger blame him?

Not really.

Federal Reserve policy is the reason for the historical highs.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
Epic self ownage.    ;D

"Epic self ownage" ?

You cannot be over 13yo

Go back to playing w/ your Tonka toys child

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Not really.

Federal Reserve policy is the reason for the historical highs.

my point is that no prez can take credit or blame for DOW.  And repiubs are VERY quick to point out this 15k is not obama's credit.

I juuuuuuuuuuuuust think if the dow was 1,500 today... someone, somewhere on getbig would attribute just a widdle blame to obama haha.