Author Topic: Integrity  (Read 36886 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Integrity
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »
Intel...common sense....sometimes interchangeable... While he MIGHT have had them, we certainly had them and we have used them before. The inspectors we had on the ground in Iraq at the time were saying he was cooperating, and at the time they were coming up with nil. Could he have had them hidden away? Maybe..but seriously, sending in troops to die should always be a last resort..in my opinion, we were FAR from a last resort option and here we are 10+ years later and 4400+ dead soldiers and I still haven't figured out the why...For our government to say a single word about our flag, country and patriotism while sending our citizens off to die in a meaningless war is the ultimate in hypocrasy...

Just my opinion

Ag

We know he had them, because he used them against his own people.  And essentially everyone thought he still had them, from Clinton and his people through Bush and his people. 

Keep in mind the war wasn't just about WMDs.  It was about removing a brutal dictator who posed a threat to the region and us (either directly or indirectly).  But it's over.  We did what we needed to do.  It was not managed properly, but we got the job done (removing Saddam).  No soldier died in vain. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »
We know he had them, because he used them against his own people.  And essentially everyone thought he still had them, from Clinton and his people through Bush and his people. 

Keep in mind the war wasn't just about WMDs.  It was about removing a brutal dictator who posed a threat to the region and us (either directly or indirectly).  But it's over.  We did what we needed to do.  It was not managed properly, but we got the job done (removing Saddam).  No soldier died in vain. 

I believe they all did.. but that's my opinion. Same with the Vietnam war.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
name 5 politicians that have integrity.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
Ron Paul.

End of line.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 01:36:35 AM »

Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, Dennis Kucinich, George Washington, and the Mayor of my hometown.  That's all I can come up with...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »

Buddy Rohmer?

All the politicians people see as having integrity is libertarian.
But the republican's will fight them with all they got.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Buddy Rohmer?

YES!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Buddy Rohmer?

What "people" are you referring to? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
I believe they all did.. but that's my opinion. Same with the Vietnam war.

I don't think any service member dies in vain.  Doesn't matter what the policy is, who won the war, etc.  They volunteered to put themselves in harm's way in service of their country.  No greater calling or honor IMO. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, Dennis Kucinich, George Washington, and the Mayor of my hometown.  That's all I can come up with...

Kucinich?  Seriously?  Dude sued the fucking Congressional cafeteria (or whoever runs it), over an olive pit injury to his teeth 3 fucking years after the incident supposedly occurred.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
I don't think any service member dies in vain.  Doesn't matter what the policy is, who won the war, etc.  They volunteered to put themselves in harm's way in service of their country.  No greater calling or honor IMO. 

lol.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=364220.0

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

And I respect your opinion..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »
And I respect your opinion..

Thanks.  I respect yours too.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 06:40:40 PM »

Kucinich?  Seriously?  Dude sued the fucking Congressional cafeteria (or whoever runs it), over an olive pit injury to his teeth 3 fucking years after the incident supposedly occurred.  ::)

The olive suppliers settled with him, so maybe there was something to it.  I disagree with Kussinich 90% of the time, but I know he atleast has Americas best interest in mind.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
What "people" are you referring to? 

Look at the posts of getbiggers.

Even dem and republican voters will agree that libertarians have the most integrity.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »

Look at the posts of getbiggers.

Even dem and republican voters will agree that libertarians have the most integrity.

So when you say "All the politicians people see as having integrity is libertarian," you are referring to people who post on this site?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »
So when you say "All the politicians people see as having integrity is libertarian," you are referring to people who post on this site?

I was referring to this thread actually.

But i do think dem and repub voters alike if they their "glasses" of for a second would say the libertarian politicies overall have more integrity.

You disagree?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »

I was referring to this thread actually.

But i do think dem and repub voters alike if they their "glasses" of for a second would say the libertarian politicies overall have more integrity.

You disagree?

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree at this point.  I'm not sure there is any kind of reliable sample?  Which Libertarian politicians are you talking about?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »
I'm not sure if I agree or disagree at this point.  I'm not sure there is any kind of reliable sample?  Which Libertarian politicians are you talking about?

Ron and Rand, Rohmer, Nader on the top of my head.

Not a whole lot but then again i cant think of any current dem or repub with integrity.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
Ron and Rand, Rohmer, Nader on the top of my head.

Not a whole lot but then again i cant think of any current dem or repub with integrity.

Ron and Rand are Republicans.  Roemer was a Republican until last year and joined Perot's Reform Party.  Nader is an independent. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
Ron and Rand are Republicans.  Roemer was a Republican until last year and joined Perot's Reform Party.  Nader is an independent. 

Ron got a knife in the back at the convention.
They are not republicans or shouldnt be anyway.
They deserve better.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:24 PM »
Didn't he promise during his first campaign that donors and lobbyists would not be part his administration?

Obama taps top fundraisers, bundlers for ambassadorships
Published July 20, 2013
FoxNews.com

Just six months into his second term, President Obama has nominated a slew of campaign donors and fundraisers for ambassadorships.

These nominations include major bundlers Denise Bauer and a Los Angeles entertainment attorney Crystal Nix Hines.

As of last month, Obama had given 32.2 percent of ambassadorships to political appointees -- almost identical to his first term rate and slightly higher than those of recent predecessors in the long-held tradition of presidents rewarding big-time financial supporters.

The number compares to 30.02 percent under George W. Bush, 27.82 percent under Bill Clinton and 31.30 percent under George H.W. Bush, according to the American Foreign Service Association.

The president has nominated 19 people for ambassadorships in the second term including at least eight bundlers, according to The Hill newspaper.

The 2011-2012 amounts range from $2.36 million by Bauer, chairwoman of the Women for Obama Finance, who would go to Belgium, to $477,000 from Hines, who would represent the United States at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, or UNESCO.

Other bundlers have been named to serve in Austria, Germany, Singapore, Spain, the Dominican Republic and the United Kingdom.

But much of the attention remains focused on who will get two of the remaining top posts -- France and Japan.

According to The Hill, Democratic National Committee National Finance Chairwoman Jane Stetson, who raised $2.43 million for Obama, is in line for the coveted Paris post, which would knock out Vogue editor-in-chief Anne Wintour, who raised $2.68 million and purportedly wanted either the London or Paris diplomatic positions.

Beyond Wintour, the most talked about potential ambassadorship is Caroline Kennedy to Japan.

Kennedy, daughter of President Kennedy, certainly has the political pedigree and ranks among the president’s biggest fundraisers and political supporters. However, critics argue that her lack of experience in elected office makes her a risky choice as Japan remains a crucial ally in trying to maintain stability in the Korean Peninsula.

Still, Dartmouth government professor Jennifer Lind argues Kennedy’s stature give her extraordinary access to the president and that her father’s “unconventional ” decision in the 1960s to appoint Harvard professor Edwin O. Reischauer to the Tokyo post “helped knit … two countries once dismissed as impossible allies.”

The Foreign Service union, while not directly criticizing Kennedy or Obama, told FoxNews.com this spring that it does not support such appointments and that the rate of political appointees to ambassadorships for Japan and major European countries is as high as 85 percent.

“The sale of ambassadorships and rewards for political support basically suggests we really don’t value diplomacy,” said then-union President Susan Johnson.

Other major Obama bundlers being considered by the president in his second term include retired JP Morgan executive Azita Raji, who reportedly raised $3.15 million and is Obama’s top pick for ambassador to Switzerland.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/20/obama-taps-top-fundraisers-bundlers-for-ambassadorships/#ixzz2bDltaLNF

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »
Integrity? WMD's

Integrity? Iran Contra

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »
Integrity? WMD's

Integrity? Iran Contra

Bush and Obama are twins in that respect

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
Integrity? WMD's

Integrity? Iran Contra

No lack of integrity regarding WMDs.  Iran Contra?  Yes.