Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 74249 times)

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
The crossfit hype is just retarded and will fly over soon.

Especially gets bad when they try to implement movements from strongman (like continental cleans) or just strict oly lifts.

People with NO technique whatsoever pushing people to do dangerous complex movements which take years of practice and do all that for shitty high reps so they get ''fitt''.

I can see the cardio aspect of it but come on run a marathon. Like weightlifting? Get into olympic lifting.

Meanwhile in Russia the youth takes examples of the above.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »
Apparently you haven't seen the Crossfit classic, where a girl pulling a car with a rope...gets ran over by the car....i almost had a seizure i was laughing so hard.

I laughed as well.  Because there are retards in 'regular' gyms as well.  The people getting buried under a smith machine squat are a nice example.

Can't get anything past you can I?  Do you want to measure cocks too?

Naw, I think just comparing the things above would be enough embarrassment to you.

I just dont get the whole "Bet you can't do it !" Attitude that is VERY prevalent with crossfitters...it's not just a fee assholes.

I don't want to fucking do it, and if I did...I'd be very good at it.

The whole "bet you can't" is just as prevalent in lifting/bodybuilding.  "Any time you want to come to the gym and we can see who benches more" is quite common.  I would have no problem calling anyone out if they said that doing some of this stuff would be easy yet has never tried it.  People like that are just another version of an arm chair quarter back.

I know why you crossfitters are defending yourselves so much.  It's because you know deep down that what you are doing is retarded and gay.  If you were confident about your shit critics wouldn't bother you. 

To quote Kenny Powers "I play real sports. I'm not trying to be the best at exercising".

HA HA.  So standing on stage in less than a bathing suit for mostly men is COMPLETELY and 100% heterosexual?  Admiring guys who do that very thing and debate who has "the better physique" is simply intellectual?  Ok...have it permafatty.

i'd love to see these crossfags fuck up and chip a few teeth on the bar.

that would be hilarious

Much like the people dropping their bars on their throats in the gyms when they bench like idiots.  That makes me laugh too

- For the people who say this is just a fad...Ummmm...bodybuildi ng is dying a nice death as well.  The "boom" of the 80's/90's are over.  People see that getting lean and staying in shape is not that hard.  Its not the rocket science and for the "genetic elite" that the people in that era made it out to be.  I am going to start posting some nice gym fails of the non CF training.  I need a good laugh.

This dudes a beast.  Awesome form...

Light weight BABY!!!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2013, 04:26:52 AM »
Please show me where i said anything of the sort. I can show you 50 of 333386's posts where he says "this will kill you meatheads."

Cmon Zach...putting words in peoples mouths?

I think crossfit is hard work. No, at present i could not complete a serious crossfit training session. A begginers session...no problem. If I chose to do it, i would do just fine....I don't see how that's an objectionable statement. I am a physically capable man who has been in shape his entire life. Chicks can do it but I couldn't ?

I respect this.  I don't doubt you would do "just fine" with it.  To be quite honest, so many things about it aren't really super difficult to master.  Then again, how difficult is it to master a bicep curl?  Anyone can do CF.  No one is saying that you couldn't.  What Zach and I are saying is that for any person to sit there and say something like "how hard could that be" or "thats not too difficult" when looking at a workout is being ignorant.  I don't doubt for one second that you could do "Fran".  Hell, anyone that can front squat and push press 95# along with doing pull ups could do it.  Now, see how fast you could do it when you put it all together.  I really see very few people on here getting that done in under 6 mins. 

ukjeff

« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:08 AM »

What the fuck are these idiots doing?
Don't the people instructing these people know are leaving themselves wide open to lawsuits if someone gets hurt?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »

What the fuck are these idiots doing?
Don't the people instructing these people know are leaving themselves wide open to lawsuits if someone gets hurt?

I forgot the name of the thing they are doing.  I believe it was used in some strong man competitions a while back.  THIS is why CF will continue to get a bad name.  CF didn't come up with it, but some dumb shit decided that it would be cool to add it into the workout because it was different and 'bad ass' probably.

I have argued with Joe on this and have said that there are MANY CF trainers/coaches I would like to hit in the head with a sledge hammer.  On the flip side, how many 'trainers' in a gym do you want to do the same things to?  I will continue to NEVER call my workouts "WODS".  I hate the term, and I hate that they call their gyms "BOXES".  I personally hate the elitist-like way that some CF come across with.  The thing is, there are SO MANY of that type in bodybuilding.  Oh, their workout is the best, their diet is the best, the way they make their chicken breast is the best.  Hell, they will even brag how their supplier is the best. 

People who think that CF is the only thing where some think that what they do is better than anyone else better not ever get into a religious debate (my god better than your god), sports fan debate (my team is better than your team), competitor debate (this type of equipment blows away your type), etc etc

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2013, 04:57:26 AM »
Crossfit is a great idea, just poor execution.

Olympic lifts for reps are always bad.
Disregarding proper form is always bad.
Without periodization there is no progress.
You cannot achieve many goals at once. You have to switch between endurance, strength and so on in order to get strong and fit. Even strongman competitors on botloads of drugs periodize.

BTW, I was amazed that Rich Froning is only like 10-20kg away from me on each lift. I thought he's stronger. And he's waaay heavier than me...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2013, 04:59:32 AM »

You cannot achieve many goals at once. You have to switch between endurance, strength and so on in order to get strong and fit. Even strongman competitors on botloads of drugs periodize.

BTW, I was amazed that Rich Froning is only like 10-20kg away from me on each lift. I thought he's stronger. And he's waaay heavier than me...

have you done any PL meets?

if tak, what's your numbers?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2013, 05:05:06 AM »

Agreed.  For the most part the higher rep oly lifts are really on the light side.  There are exceptions, and even then you can do singles to complete the reps listed.  How much of the strong man stuff is heavy lifting for multiple reps?  Quite a bit.  Frohning is not the strongest in CF, he just seems to have landed in their 'poster boy' position.  The best comparison is Mike O'hearn vs Ronnie Coleman.  Which one would women like looking at?

The sad thing is that I have a friend who is a SUPER koolaid drinking CFer.  She was extremely adamant that the competitors in the games last year could not be using drugs.  Really?  You mean to tell me that basic human nature wouldn't take over?  Hmmm....I could take this drug to help me recover because I have a huge chance of winning the $250K prize?  Nawww...no one would ever do that!   ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »

yes a good post.. depends on who is teaching and training it. I am sure Krank knows what he is doing and his training logs are good to read now and again. i just do not like some of the dangerous sloppy form. Like you wrote on the Olympic explosive movements.. seems like a bad idea for high reps and when you get tired...well you know what i mean.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:29 AM »
I forgot the name of the thing they are doing.  I believe it was used in some strong man competitions a while back.  THIS is why CF will continue to get a bad name.  CF didn't come up with it, but some dumb shit decided that it would be cool to add it into the workout because it was different and 'bad ass' probably.

I have argued with Joe on this and have said that there are MANY CF trainers/coaches I would like to hit in the head with a sledge hammer.  On the flip side, how many 'trainers' in a gym do you want to do the same things to?  I will continue to NEVER call my workouts "WODS".  I hate the term, and I hate that they call their gyms "BOXES".  I personally hate the elitist-like way that some CF come across with.  The thing is, there are SO MANY of that type in bodybuilding.  Oh, their workout is the best, their diet is the best, the way they make their chicken breast is the best.  Hell, they will even brag how their supplier is the best. 

People who think that CF is the only thing where some think that what they do is better than anyone else better not ever get into a religious debate (my god better than your god), sports fan debate (my team is better than your team), competitor debate (this type of equipment blows away your type), etc etc

Its called a ''continental clean''.

In no way a fan but strongman can get away with it i guess. 60lbs women can't.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
yes a good post.. depends on who is teaching and training it. I am sure Krank knows what he is doing and his training logs are good to read now and again. i just do not like some of the dangerous sloppy form. Like you wrote on the Olympic explosive movements.. seems like a bad idea for high reps and when you get tired...well you know what i mean.

I would not say that I know all what I am doing.  I am looking into moving back to Phoenix, and if I do my friend has gone out and trained with Glenn Pendlay a couple of times.  I would love to have him tear my form down and get it top notch.

There is dangerous and sloppy form in every day trainees at the gym.  Would that be accurate Donny?  Again, I whole heartedly agree that Oly lifts should be used for the lower reps.  When you are talking a lighter weight...I think there really is minimal chance for injury.  Its almost like a bell curve (in my mind).  The lower weight you probably won't have much trouble, but keep increasing the weight and you injury potential goes up until a certain point where the weight is so high there is no way of doing higher reps and you simply can't execute the move at all.  Hope that makes sense.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »
I would not say that I know all what I am doing.  I am looking into moving back to Phoenix, and if I do my friend has gone out and trained with Glenn Pendlay a couple of times.  I would love to have him tear my form down and get it top notch.

There is dangerous and sloppy form in every day trainees at the gym.  Would that be accurate Donny?  Again, I whole heartedly agree that Oly lifts should be used for the lower reps.  When you are talking a lighter weight...I think there really is minimal chance for injury.  Its almost like a bell curve (in my mind).  The lower weight you probably won't have much trouble, but keep increasing the weight and you injury potential goes up until a certain point where the weight is so high there is no way of doing higher reps and you simply can't execute the move at all.  Hope that makes sense.
What would be accurate?...look at some videos posted. sure Bodybuilders use some loose form too but come on Krank...you know what i am getting at. like i wrote i have nothing against you or your training methods and do look at your training log now and again. The video posted "Albany crossfit" is an accident waiting to go off...FFS..  ::) do not take it so personal. what is correct form..i am sure i do not need to write a long drawn out post on that. You know what good form is.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »
Please show me where i said anything of the sort. I can show you 50 of 333386's posts where he says "this will kill you meatheads."

Cmon Zach...putting words in peoples mouths?

I think crossfit is hard work. No, at present i could not complete a serious crossfit training session. A begginers session...no problem. If I chose to do it, i would do just fine....I don't see how that's an objectionable statement. I am a physically capable man who has been in shape his entire life. Chicks can do it but I couldn't ?

okay i think we had different definitions for "fine". yeah, no doubt if you made the transition, a guy with your strength and conditioning could transition well. i did the same. my first workout was Murph some years ago (1 mile, 100pullups, 200 pushups, 300 air squats, 1 mile) and i did it in around 47 minutes. far from a record breaker, but for never having done it, not bad. i thought you meant you could hop on over to CF and start cleaning house. my mistake.

in FACT, most will say that having a solid strength base is far, FAR more important than being in good shape aerobically. so lifters tend to excel beyond runners and whatnot. look at the top guys, they're all very, very strong. rich froning overhead squats over 3 plates for reps, the AVERAGE clean and jerk for the guys at the CF games is around 315. this notion that crossfit is just a bunch of 140lb idiots flapping around is like judging powerlifting by the fatasses bounce benching 275.

the thing is, those videos? THEY'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT. with scant few exceptions like the very FIRST video which was a butterfly kip demonstration, you guys are posting up examples of it done WRONG and saying "see that's why this is bad." no, THAT VIDEO is bad.

will CF the fad die down? i sure fucking hope so. because it's trendy now you have ten million people doing it wrong and looking like idiots, giving the whole sport a bad name. at my gym there are two of us who CF and we're constantly getting poked at (in good humor, but still) for doing it.

you wanna see what crossfit can be? like, when it's done RIGHT? behold, king kong:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2013, 07:22:21 AM »
Beast.

okay i think we had different definitions for "fine". yeah, no doubt if you made the transition, a guy with your strength and conditioning could transition well. i did the same. my first workout was Murph some years ago (1 mile, 100pullups, 200 pushups, 300 air squats, 1 mile) and i did it in around 47 minutes. far from a record breaker, but for never having done it, not bad. i thought you meant you could hop on over to CF and start cleaning house. my mistake.

in FACT, most will say that having a solid strength base is far, FAR more important than being in good shape aerobically. so lifters tend to excel beyond runners and whatnot. look at the top guys, they're all very, very strong. rich froning overhead squats over 3 plates for reps, the AVERAGE clean and jerk for the guys at the CF games is around 315. this notion that crossfit is just a bunch of 140lb idiots flapping around is like judging powerlifting by the fatasses bounce benching 275.

the thing is, those videos? THEY'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT. with scant few exceptions like the very FIRST video which was a butterfly kip demonstration, you guys are posting up examples of it done WRONG and saying "see that's why this is bad." no, THAT VIDEO is bad.

will CF the fad die down? i sure fucking hope so. because it's trendy now you have ten million people doing it wrong and looking like idiots, giving the whole sport a bad name. at my gym there are two of us who CF and we're constantly getting poked at (in good humor, but still) for doing it.

you wanna see what crossfit can be? like, when it's done RIGHT? behold, king kong:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2013, 07:40:56 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
 :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2013, 07:44:03 AM »
 :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »
 ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »
 ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2013, 07:47:45 AM »
Krank and mangoo proving the crossfitter stereotype on this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 07:49:26 AM »
 :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 07:50:50 AM »
I wish the Horse would kick back.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »
I swear I need to start up my Slave Labor/Plantation Camp.  Paying me to live like an Authentic Slave while I get all my work done. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 07:53:32 AM »
I wish the Horse would kick back.  :-\

Wtf??? Why?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!