Author Topic: How to get a thicker neck  (Read 9551 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: How to get a thicker neck
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
15 neckbridges, then lay flat, lift head up a bit turn head to the right and back 15 times then to left side and back 15 times then look at your feet 15 times and the do that 3 times in a row with no rest is usually my neck routine when Im in the mood. Never hurts to have a strong neck.
Or while laying in bed, push your head back 10-20 times and hold for 30-40 secs each time.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 02:00:50 PM »
having a strong neck probably helps if you get in a car crash and simular things. At least that's what I tell myself lol.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
Be careful with neck bridge advice, can be dangerous on neck. Plus there were dozens of guys in wrestling doing them without much too show, so I don't think it builds the neck much. Best answer is if u have access to a Hammer strength 4 way neck machine, use it 2 times a week (in addition to heavy shrugs) 2 sets each direction. I did this 2-3 years in college (we had 2 of the machines) and my neck size and strength surpassed 10 years of bridging exercises, and got pretty thick and more importantly--strong.

If no machine, buy a $10 neck harness at any sporting good store, and use for back. For front and sides, fold a towel and put a plate on forehead and temples and do "sit ups" for your neck off end of a bench.  Good luck!

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
Bridges are probably more strenght and flexibility related rather then actual size. And it doesn't hurt to have that either.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
having a strong neck probably helps if you get in a car crash and simular things. At least that's what I tell myself lol.
Same thing I was thinking...or if you get punched.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Be careful with neck bridge advice, can be dangerous on neck. Plus there were dozens of guys in wrestling doing them without much too show, so I don't think it builds the neck much. Best answer is if u have access to a Hammer strength 4 way neck machine, use it 2 times a week (in addition to heavy shrugs) 2 sets each direction. I did this 2-3 years in college (we had 2 of the machines) and my neck size and strength surpassed 10 years of bridging exercises, and got pretty thick and more importantly--strong.

If no machine, buy a $10 neck harness at any sporting good store, and use for back. For front and sides, fold a towel and put a plate on forehead and temples and do "sit ups" for your neck off end of a bench.  Good luck!

Do shrugs actually work your neck though, or is it all traps?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »

Yes your SCMs and scalenes have to stabilize during the movement

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 03:09:46 PM »
That shit is amazing!!! Your SCMs are the girth of a soda can, NO HOMO!

Thanks man.  It's funny, I always tried to target my SCM's and was very conscious of them. My girlfriend at the time would always grab onto them like they were little handles.   ;D
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
Same thing I was thinking...or if you get punched.

Floyd Mayweather has a very structured, very specific neck training routine for just that purpose.
a

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
They worked for me got my neck to 18", it still is over 17 and I don't do any thing for my neck or traps anymore!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »
I do not know. I'll try and find the answer.
I love those pics Tommy,insane!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 06:53:36 PM »

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Thanks man.  It's funny, I always tried to target my SCM's and was very conscious of them. My girlfriend at the time would always grab onto them like they were little handles.   ;D

Haha  ;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »
boo hoo i want a bigger neck because it is impressive and i want to impress other males haha.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »
boo hoo i want a bigger neck because it is impressive and i want to impress other males haha.
Nice avatar picture pencil neck

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 03:13:28 AM »

Or it could save your life.

At least if you do the bridges which strengthen the neck and spine.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:41 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
15 neckbridges, then lay flat, lift head up a bit turn head to the right and back 15 times then to left side and back 15 times then look at your feet 15 times and the do that 3 times in a row with no rest is usually my neck routine when Im in the mood. Never hurts to have a strong neck. A solid burn after 135 reps. Sometimes I do the entire routine 3 times also. And Slow reps.

Cool.

Btw, Molnar is amazing..