Author Topic: Obama: "As An African American You Have To Work Twice As Hard As Anyone Else If  (Read 3879 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
It's the truth!

If she doesn't say it, who will?

I'm actually surprised she said something useful.

Thanks 333!
but i thought it was the white man that was keeping the blacks down?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
but i thought it was the white man that was keeping the blacks down?

People would rather hear that than the truth.

Advocating literacy and positive change in the community is definitely bad and something she should be criticized for, LOL! Perhaps people would be more comfortable with her blaming every problem on whitey and then begging them to fix things with social programs.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's the truth!

Thanks 333!

Heck, I could retire RIGHT NOW, if I had a dollar for every time that happened to me as a kid.

"He talk proper!!!" "Why you talk WHITE?"

My stepfather actually thought I was trying to be white, because (as a kid) my favorite dessert was butterscotch pudding.

And the somewhat sad part of this mess is that, EVEN AT FAMU, I had my run-ins with people thinking I was "acting white" or at least not black enough, based on my having the audacity to listen to certain types of music.

A black man, listening to something other than hip-hop, R&B, or reggae? PERISH THE THOUGHT!!! How dare you listen to techno, house, or freestyle (the latter of which my junior-year roommate called "chico" music).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Heck, I could retire RIGHT NOW, if I had a dollar for every time that happened to me as a kid.

"He talk proper!!!" "Why you talk WHITE?"

My stepfather actually thought I was trying to be white, because (as a kid) my favorite dessert was butterscotch pudding.

And the somewhat sad part of this mess is that, EVEN AT FAMU, I had my run-ins with people thinking I was "acting white" or at least not black enough, based on my having the audacity to listen to certain types of music.

A black man, listening to something other than hip-hop, R&B, or reggae? PERISH THE THOUGHT!!! How dare you listen to techno, house, or freestyle (the latter of which my junior-year roommate called "chico" music).

Sadly, the administration has been such a failure that occasional good advice will fall on deaf ears.

Bill Cosby went a little further and people are still mad.

bears

• Getbig IV
It's the truth!

Thanks 333!

totally agree.  i see nothing wrong with her saying that.

bears

• Getbig IV
Sadly, the administration has been such a failure that occasional good advice will fall on deaf ears.

Bill Cosby went a little further and people are still mad.

yup.  the media tried to destroy him.  for telling blacks to start educating themselves and distancing themselves from ignorant stereotypes.  it's like there's no room for tough love.  all they want is sympathy and handouts.  if you offer anything else, they will destroy you.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yup.  the media tried to destroy him.  for telling blacks to start educating themselves and distancing themselves from ignorant stereotypes.  it's like there's no room for tough love.  all they want is sympathy and handouts.  if you offer anything else, they will destroy you.

No kidding. Look what happened to Herman Cain.