Author Topic: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?  (Read 110002 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?
« Reply #325 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
His rear lat spread was not very impressive. I think Franco had the best rear lat spread ever.when franco did a rear lat spread there was no spacing between his lats and arms.Franco would blow up like crazy when he hit that pose.
Agreed. Very low lats to the waist and wide.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #326 on: June 05, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
everybody has to admit the old venice beach crew Arnold,Franco,waller,robby, zane all trained way harder then todays pros and back then they had steroids that were great quality but they just had the basics. There were very seldom if anybody who had access to HGH or all these other new peptides that are around. They also did not know how to use insulin back then. I am sure some did use insulin but not like todays pros and even if they did use some insulin back then without HGH you do not get that synergistic effect. It would help you recover a bit but without both HGH and slin you wont get that crazy synergistic effect. Yes the steroids were better and easier to get but just the basics. most all of them just used the old school Test/deca/dbol cycle. Some guys did not even use anchileries. So I don't think it is fair to compare a pro from the 70's to todays pros or even pros from the early 90's. according to Dorian not alot of bodybuilders were using HGH till the early 90's.

what makes you think they all trained harder?.... they may well have spent alot more time in the gym, but somone who trains for 3 or 4 hrs a day definitely hasnt got the intensity or putting the same weights up as a current dude whos does an hr 4 days a week

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #327 on: June 05, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
actually ronnie was not great in these 2 poses.. he was worse than many guys in his era in these two poses in particular..

as for ramy his front lat spread is amazing.. not better than haney or yates but is still very good.. his abs/thigh is not one of the best but still very good for a mass monster and imo better than ronnie's..
What? When Ronnie hit a lat spread, it was lights out.
Ronnie's ab-thigh was better before he won the Mr. Olympia.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »

no his front lat spread was not that great.. his different parts dont flow well together in this pose..

check this pic.. imo chris cormier takes this pose here and he is not haney's or dorian's level "in this pose"..

Igor90

• Getbig II
« Reply #329 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »

YES YES YESSSS.... ronnie's back ruled all.. in every pose that involved showing his back muscles in all glory

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »
no his front lat spread was not that great.. his different parts dont flow well together in this pose..

check this pic.. imo chris cormier takes this pose here and he is not haney's or dorian's level "in this pose"..
Thank you for proving my point. It was Flex whose lat spread was not impressive. Ronnie wider than both.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #331 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
Thank you for proving my point. It was Flex whose lat spread was not impressive. Ronnie wider than both.

as if width is the only important thing in this pose.. if so, markus ruhl has the best FLS ever..

ronnie was good in this pose but not great,.. not comparable to the best ever in it.. his chest and abs dont flow in a good shape and his lats from the front are not as impressive as from the rear..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
as if width is the only important thing in this pose.. if so, markus ruhl has the best FLS ever..

ronnie was good in this pose but not great,.. not comparable to the best ever in it.. his chest and abs dont flow in a good shape and his lats from the front are not as impressive as from the rear..
THIS^^^^

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »
for the 2nd time you are not understanding my posts.. i said samir would take these poses IF WE CONSIDER THE TIME DIFF.. you cant compare someone from early 80s to someone who reached his best 15-20 years later..

arnold is a better bbr than phil and i am sure you agree with me here but does this mean arnold's best can beat phil's best onstage??.. if we consider the time difference yes,.. if not sure there is no way..

Well, why even bother to do this, it's silly and dumb. Certainly does not have a place in this thread.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
So Nasshole dies and now the arabs have their lips wrapped around Ramy's nutsack  ???

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
So Nasshole dies and now the arabs have their lips wrapped around Ramy's nutsack  ???
Maybe but even the pros think he is the real deal though, I talked to a few in Toronto at the pro show and they all think he can go all the way but he should not build anymore muscle just polish it up, if he tries to put on more, he will ruin his physique.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
Maybe but even the pros think he is the real deal though, I talked to a few in Toronto at the pro show and they all think he can go all the way but he should not build anymore muscle just polish it up, if he tries to put on more, he will ruin his physique.
EXAMPLE MARCUS RHUL...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
markus ruhl was an ugly lump tho.... rami has a nice shape to him

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
EXAMPLE MARCUS RHUL...
Yes you are right Markus should have gone the other way instead of putting on more muscle.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
markus ruhl was an ugly lump tho.... rami has a nice shape to him
VERY TRUE,,,BUT MARCUS WAS MUCH BETTER BEFORE HE LUMPED HIM SELF UP,,,

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
as an amature in germany, he had some shape .... as a pro he was already doomed

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »

His chest and abs do flow...in fact, he is hitting differently than many times, where his chest sits up higher than normal, check his FLS at the 2001 Arnold as an example.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #342 on: June 05, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
Ramy is god....HTH

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »

I don't know if any of these new guys have longetivity.  You can see all of these young guys coming in, all big and ripped then two years later they look like shit.  I have a feeling HGH and Slin are the problems.  Guys are finding they get big real fast but they also go down hill real fast on it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
I don't know if any of these new guys have longetivity.  You can see all of these young guys coming in, all big and ripped then two years later they look like shit.  I have a feeling HGH and Slin are the problems.  Guys are finding they get big real fast but they also go down hill real fast on it.
No argument there, it's definitely slin and of course heavier dosages.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Well, why even bother to do this, it's silly and dumb. Certainly does not have a place in this thread.

why have you become silly and dumb yourself??.. i was always considering you a nice guy :D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
why have you become silly and dumb yourself??.. i was always considering you a nice guy :D
;D

come on Sherief, I didn't hit a nerve did I ? :D

No, I thought you weren't keeping it real by uttering those words but since clarified I can sleep at night now  ;)

I consider you a friend bro but I like keeping things real and stating things how I see them, you should not take my remarks personal bro.

tacobender

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
what happened to victor? big rami is making him look like a toddler?  :-X :-X :-X :-X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »
and imo ramy now has better front lat spread and better abs/thigh than ronnie at his very best..

::)

arab pride

whitewidow

« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »
what makes you think they all trained harder?.... they may well have spent alot more time in the gym, but somone who trains for 3 or 4 hrs a day definitely hasnt got the intensity or putting the same weights up as a current dude whos does an hr 4 days a week

Bro the venice beach posse threw up some serious weight! look at how strong that group was. Franco was insanely strong on many llifts(one of the strongest BB of all time when it comes down to lb for lb) at under 200lbs franco could lift some serious weight. Franco trained very hard and with alot of intensity,waller was super strong, Robby was super strong,Arnold was somewhat strong and trained with alot of intensity, believe me they all trained like beasts! I do think they over-trained. Maybe they just did not have the knowledge we have today. Your right in some respect alot of bodybuilders including myself just believe in training large muscle groups like chest and legs once a week and only for 45 minutes but using super high intesity and only taking 15 seconds to 30 seconds between sets. The venice beach guys spent way more hours training then todays pros wether it really helped them I doubt it,they could of got just as good as a workout in a hour, but that is what was popular at the time.