Author Topic: Was Jesus Jewish? - Debate Between OneMoreRep & Wiggs.  (Read 16194 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Which Hollywood stars + celebs AREN'T Jews?
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
Here are a bunch of other Biblical "facts" for others to consider regarding Jesus being Jewish:

His parents were descendants of Judah, making them both Jewish.

The man was circumcised, clearly a Jewish rule as it calls for Jews to respect the covenant given to Abraham.

Jesus would pray in a synagogue, clearly a Jewish practice.

The man preached from the Torah, gathering material like "Love thy neighbor" from it, as it first appeared in the Torah.

Come on, all roads lead to the same synagogue...

"1"

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
I'm a big fan of fantasy too.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »
My head hurts from this thread. Give it up Wiggs. You have no chance against One.

Wiggs loses again. Has he ever won?

Now, lets not go in that direction...

Let me be clear, I don't care if Jesus was Jewish, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist. It makes no difference to me, as I am not overly religious (I am a gay Jew for crying out loud, most, if not all, of the Rabbis I speak to are not happy with my decision). Nor do I care about his statements regarding the Talmud, to the point where I will chase this to no end.

I simply like to debate for the sake of debating. Even if I were to lose this debate, I would take it as a learning experience. If I win the debate, I move on and simply jump into the next debate.

Personally, I like Wiggs. I won't badmouth him or resort to name callings, as I find him to be a good person and an entertaining member. So, I simply consider this a passionate discussion amongst friends.

Remember, my strengths are within areas which I have an academic background in (Investment banking, Accounting and even remnants of medicine, particularly the various sciences). Religious matters are not my forte and while I do enjoy a little debate here and there, I also know that a seasoned theologian would have a field day with my lack of knowledge.

Let's keep this thread related to the topic.

"1"

tacobender

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
fuck this jew talk and lets stay on the hollywood subject

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
Wiggs,

I know its been a while since you last posted, but you were on for long enough (over an hour) to see my retort to your posts.

Please consider coming by and giving a little something in return. I am curious as to what YOUR logical argument will be.

Thanks broseph,
"1"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Thank you for clearly showing once again that Jesus was a descendant of Judah, which in fact makes him Jewish.

"1"

Not claiming that Jesus wasn't Jewish , however the genealogies are contradictory so therefore can't be trusted .

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/paul_carlson/nt_contradictions.html

I agree with you Wiggs made a couple of claims and the onus is on him to back them up , not vice-versa

The evidence of Jesus as a historical figure is pretty thin

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »
Not claiming that Jesus wasn't Jewish , however the genealogies are contradictory so therefore can't be trusted.

The genealogies I used were strictly from the New Testament. All of the material presented in the New Testament points to Jesus being a descendant of David, which in turn was a descendant of Judah, thereby making him a Jew.

Likewise, both Mary and Joseph's genealogies can be traced directly to Judah, making them both Jews.

Not to mention that:

Jesus preached from the Torah (Only a Jew would use the Torah)

Got circumcised (A practice used to keep the pact given to Abraham)

Prayed in a synagogue (Why would you do that if you weren't a Jew?)

Was allowed into the temple (which is VERY IMPORTANT since only Jews were allowed into the temple, gentiles could not enter)

I'm not saying that you're implying otherwise, just adding those tidbits as supporting factors to my original argument.

I agree with you, Wiggs made a couple of claims and the onus is on him to back them up , not vice-versa

I agree. I didn't make those claims, he did. In light of his claiming those statements as facts, the burden of proof falls on him.

The key is to make a clear and logical argument, using your own words, to show the members how your point makes sense and why it should be taken as truth.

I refuted his statements, now I await to see what he presents.

"1"

P.S. I enjoy these types of debates, as I find no one walks away a loser. Moreover, it's a great learning experience.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
The genealogies I used were strictly from the New Testament. All of the material presented in the New Testament points to Jesus being a descendant of David, which in turn was a descendant of Judah, thereby making him a Jew.

Likewise, both Mary and Joseph's genealogies can be traced directly to Judah, making them both Jews.

Not to mention that:

Jesus preached from the Torah (Only a Jew would use the Torah)

Got circumcised (A practice used to keep the pact given to Abraham)

Prayed in a synagogue (Why would you do that if you weren't a Jew?)

Was allowed into the temple (which is VERY IMPORTANT since only Jews were allowed into the temple, gentiles could not enter)

I'm not saying that you're implying otherwise, just adding those tidbits as supporting factors to my original argument.

I agree. I didn't make those claims, he did. In light of his claiming those statements as facts, the burden of proof falls on him.

The key is to make a clear and logical argument, using your own words, to show the members how your point makes sense and why it should be taken as truth.

I refuted his statements, now I await to see what he presents.

"1"

P.S. I enjoy these types of debates, as I find no one walks away a loser. Moreover, it's a great learning experience.
Oy Vey,I got headache from this thread! Wiggs is meshuganah!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 08:50:13 PM »
Out of respect for Wiggs, so that he can get his response in, we have agreed to leave this thread here until tomorrow morning before moving it to the general topics section.

"1"

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »
Even then they are big Jew supporters. Schwarzenegger as gov. made his first trip to guess where?  Isreal?  Why the fuck is the California gov. making trips to Israel?

In the end nepotism rules in Hollywood.

Just look at how the fuck douches like Shia Lebeouf and Jesse Eisenberg are "stars"
You can say that again. Arnold even allows a douche bag to tickle his chin in front of the audience - like a puppet on display. I lost a lot of respect for Arnold after this humiliating exhibition.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 02:10:32 AM »
OF COURSE Jesus was Jewish how is these even open to debate?   

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06:54 AM »
Wiggs,give it up. i read the whole thread and this is getting painful..And I'm an atheist.
It's just your way of argueing is flawed,I must say.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 03:08:32 AM »
Retardazza and another useless thread. Who saw that one coming?

But you can't stay away can you  :D

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 05:20:03 AM »
Wiggs,give it up. i read the whole thread and this is getting painful..And I'm an atheist.
It's just your way of argueing is flawed,I must say.

Hahaha, yes.
"I heard on the internet that The Talmud says terrible things about Jesus!  Prove me wrong!!!  You can't!  Hah!!!"

---But when asked for specific passages or quotes from the Talmud, he doesn't provide them.  Isn't capable of providing them.  So what does he expect OMR to do?  Cut/paste the entire Talmud on this thread??  It's nonsensical.

He also conveniently ignored the Egyptian paintings which were posted on this thread...

I think that Wiggs needs to post those passages from "the Talmud", or re-evaluate his position.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 05:20:38 AM »
This marks over 16 hours since my retort had been up.  Wiggs has clearly seen my rebuttal  but had yet to reply. Just because I'm a good sport, I will leave this thread here for 3 more hours. Hopefully, Wiggs will come through with a reply.

Waiting on you Wiggs,

"1"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:39 AM »
Not claiming that Jesus wasn't Jewish , however the genealogies are contradictory so therefore can't be trusted .

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/paul_carlson/nt_contradictions.html

I agree with you Wiggs made a couple of claims and the onus is on him to back them up , not vice-versa

The evidence of Jesus as a historical figure is pretty thin

wow, he went full on asshole with that.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2013, 05:39:21 AM »
This marks over 16 hours since my retort had been up.  Wiggs has clearly seen my rebuttal  but had yet to reply. Just because I'm a good sport, I will leave this thread here for 3 more hours. Hopefully, Wiggs will come through with a reply.

Waiting on you Wiggs,

"1"
I think he took his dreidel and went home.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2013, 06:00:26 AM »
OMR whipping Wiggs like a Jewish slave owner in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:27 AM »
I think he took his dreidel and went home.

Well, he felt so adamant about debating a few things, one of which was ascertaining whether or not Jesus was Jewish.

I provided a logical argument with proof from the only historical reference we have about Jesus and after seeing my rebuttal twice (in over a span of 16 hours) he has yet to respond.

Couple of more hours and this is going to general topics..

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:30 AM »
Wiggs,

Now that you're online, please take a look at my rebuttal and provide us with a little something of your own.

"1"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:02 AM »
Wiggs, why does it matter that the first news were black, and the ones now are decedents of Slavs?  They carried the religion forward, while the others abandoned it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »
Wiggs getting double stuffed in this thread. Just like he likes his Oreos.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:53 AM »
Wiggs,

You've already logged on twice, for multiple hours at a time and I purposely bumped it just so that you wouldn't miss it.

Any responses? It's approaching the 24 hour mark since you last responded.

Give us something..

"1"

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »
Wiggs is pouting!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2013, 02:46:42 PM »
Wiggs,

It's been 24 hours since I made my rebuttal to your post.

You've logged in twice over the course of those 24 hours and each time for hours at a time.

Will you not come back and finish the debate?

Isn't that, in your own words, a "bitch move"?

Come on bro, at least have the courtesy to show that you're good on your word...
"1"