Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 207459 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #1675 on: July 26, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »
Tu, didn't you believe manslaughter was a "slam dunk"?

Not at all.

I said that if they were going to charge him, they should have used manslaughter, but I did not say it was a slam dunk at all.

I said that would have been a more reasonable charge. However, when the trial was on-going, I saw that as dwindling down to around 50/50.

If you look at most of my posts regarding the subject, I on more than one occasion said he would walk.

Feel free to go back and look at my posts if you choose.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1676 on: July 26, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
Not at all.

I said that if they were going to charge him, they should have used manslaughter, but I did not say it was a slam dunk at all.

I said that would have been a more reasonable charge. However, when the trial was on-going, I saw that as dwindling down to around 50/50.

If you look at most of my posts regarding the subject, I on more than one occasion said he would walk.

logical meltdown. How dare you be reasonable and consistent.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1677 on: July 26, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »
logical meltdown. How dare you be reasonable and consistent.
Dogs and cats... living together... Mass Hysteria!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1678 on: July 26, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
 ;D

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1679 on: July 29, 2013, 02:00:40 AM »
Not at all.

It's possible. I still think if they had gone for manslaughter it would be a slam dunk.

No offense, Tu.  It's all good.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1680 on: July 29, 2013, 04:01:00 AM »
No offense, Tu.  It's all good.
Wow... I said that LONG before the trial... How long did you search for THAT one?

Don't say "it only took you a minute", because I went back to look for me saying that, and I couldn't find it...

So I said a random off the cuff comment about 3 months before trial, when as I had said over and over, I didn't have any evidence.

While I grant you that I typed the words, on every level have I been extremely even keeled about the process. 4 Months you had to go back... 4 months.

I guess we see what you're all about now Jack.

Sad, sad, sad.

You got me...

::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1681 on: July 29, 2013, 05:46:07 AM »
When is the trial over?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1682 on: July 29, 2013, 07:22:45 AM »
;D

whats the smile about. youre happy that this father lost his son? Thats a funny thing?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1683 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:30 AM »
whats the smile about. youre happy that this father lost his son? Thats a funny thing?

No.   The father was a member of a gang too.   Maybe if he gave the kid better parenting like you were given this thing never would have happened w his son attacking zimm.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1684 on: July 29, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »

The whole thing is a complete tragedy Mal... Nothing to be happy about.

2 idiots get into it and one doesn't get to find out if they can turn their life around. I think it sucks.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1685 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
No.   The father was a member of a gang too.   Maybe if he gave the kid better parenting like you were given this thing never would have happened w his son attacking zimm.

but whats the smiling thing about...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1686 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »
No.   The father was a member of a gang too.   Maybe if he gave the kid better parenting like you were given this thing never would have happened w his son attacking zimm.

My father was in a gang ... i was too as a kid....so was my older brother... theres time to turn it around... there should be. i had my moment when i was 15 and i said ill straighten up. My older brother had his at 18 and went to the marines (goin on 19 years of service) my dad had his much older... but there should always be time to turn it around. Me being a fuck up before gives me more cred to be able to coach the innercity kids because i had been there. No kid (or adult for that matter) is all good nor all bad. and justifying a kids death by saying "well he fought and smoked weed so he needs to die at 17" is just wild and immature to me. To be honest, my whole senior class would have been candidates to be shot with skittles and juice if fighting and smoking a little weed (per the ME report it was trace amounts.. thats why i used little weed)..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #1687 on: July 29, 2013, 08:45:34 AM »

My father was in a gang ... i was too as a kid....so was my older brother... theres time to turn it around... there should be. i had my moment when i was 15 and i said ill straighten up. My older brother had his at 18 and went to the marines (goin on 19 years of service) my dad had his much older... but there should always be time to turn it around. Me being a fuck up before gives me more cred to be able to coach the innercity kids because i had been there. No kid (or adult for that matter) is all good nor all bad. and justifying a kids death by saying "well he fought and smoked weed so he needs to die at 17" is just wild and immature to me. To be honest, my whole senior class would have been candidates to be shot with skittles and juice if fighting and smoking a little weed (per the ME report it was trace amounts.. thats why i used little weed)..

good luck with that angle

you're talking to a racist with a low IQ (I know that's redundant) who lives his life in total fear of people with gold teeth and thinks a kid who was suspended for truancy and graffiti is some kind of crime lord and deserves to be murdered

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1688 on: July 29, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
good luck with that angle

you're talking to a racist with a low IQ (I know that's redundant) who lives his life in total fear of people with gold teeth and thinks a kid who was suspended for truancy and graffiti is some kind of crime lord and deserves to be murdered

I mean it is what it is... i gotta put it out there tho because thats just an insane argument "he was a thug and deserved to die" thug is used extremely loose.. but like i said.. it is what it is.. to some he was supposed to die, for me i think theres always a chance. Just a difference in opinions i guess

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #1689 on: July 29, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »
I mean it is what it is... i gotta put it out there tho because thats just an insane argument "he was a thug and deserved to die" thug is used extremely loose.. but like i said.. it is what it is.. to some he was supposed to die, for me i think theres always a chance. Just a difference in opinions i guess

key word

this person has serious mental and/or emotional issues

it's not a difference of opinion it's a difference between you being a rational, sane and levelheaded person as compared to someone who is angry, stupid and very likely has serious mental and emotional problems

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1690 on: July 29, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »

Had this happened between two Trayvons on the street of Chicago no one would have given a rats ass, the asshole in the WH included.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1691 on: July 29, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »

Had this happened between two Trayvons on the street of Chicago no one would have given a rats ass, the asshole in the WH included.

boy you jump all over the place dont you... were talking about one thing and you go all 3rd rail..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1692 on: July 29, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »

and FOX/Greta wouldn't have flown to Aruba for the natalie halloway thing, if she wasn't a pretty blonde girl that would deliver brutal ratings and interest.

Look at it this way, 33... if a story has any possibility to win over the NON-news watchers to be glued to courtTv or FOX or MSN for a few weeks, they RUN with it.

ANY time you see some bullshit story taking up more headline than it should, ask yourself "Is this story designed to pull in viewers that don't normally watch this channel?"

also, please flush any notion that the media has any "duty" to cover any story of any importance.  They'll put a war or major debt crisis on the backburner for a baby panda bear stuck in a wishing well ANY day.  They're entertainment channels and profit-driven.  To disagree is to be naive.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1693 on: July 29, 2013, 03:22:25 PM »

As opposed to the argument that's been championed (even by you), that Trayvon died because he was buying Skittles and Ice Tea?

Your argument above applies to Zimmerman as well.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1694 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »

As opposed to the argument that's been championed (even by you), that Trayvon died because he was buying Skittles and Ice Tea?

Your argument above applies to Zimmerman as well.

What argument was championed by me?  The fact is, dude followed a kid that was doing nothing illegal. he just got juice and skittles... those are all facts. Some dude with a gun interjected himself in the path of this kid and the kid ended up dead. Please stop me when i say something that is incorrect.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1695 on: July 29, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »
What argument was championed by me?  The fact is, dude followed a kid that was doing nothing illegal. he just got juice and skittles... those are all facts. Some dude with a gun interjected himself in the path of this kid and the kid ended up dead. Please stop me when i say something that is incorrect.
Thats a gross oversimplification... You can make anything sound evil if you cherry pick the facts to suite your narrative... thats exactly what the media does every. single. day.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1696 on: July 29, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »

You would make a great NBC editor or NAACP representative.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1697 on: July 29, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »

Sure, right there.  Just stopping short of the fact that a confrontation occurred.

The Skittles and Ice Tea are irrelevant.  Continuously pushed as if to suggest that's ALL Trayvon did.  ::)

BTW, what's the crime in a neighborhood watch person confronting someone?  Never heard of one myself.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1698 on: July 29, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »
Thats a gross oversimplification... You can make anything sound evil if you cherry pick the facts to suite your narrative... thats exactly what the media does every. single. day.

Boom.  They constantly mention the Skittles and the Ice Tea as if that's all that happened, lol pathetic.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1699 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »

Sure, right there.  Just stopping short of the fact that a confrontation occurred.

The Skittles and Ice Tea are irrelevant.  Continuously pushed as if to suggest that's ALL Trayvon did.  ::)

BTW, what's the crime in a neighborhood watch person confronting someone?  Never heard of one myself.

I understand, hes black, so he must have been doing something wrong, why else would he need to be for an armed man to follow him. I figured this was a slam dunk for tough guy conservatives.. you know..
1. man follows boy with gun in tow after being directed not to
2. gets scraped by boy
3. must shoot boy to bring an end to the conflict he initiated...
In my world thats a sucka move.. but we just live by different codes