Author Topic: Does "Paying Dues" go out the window when you have the "right" physique?  (Read 5604 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Big Ramy started working out 3 years ago and now he is already being considered a top tier pro.

Is he revolutionizing the "sport" by breaking down old practices?

Whereas many modern day IFBB pros will preach about the need to pay dues in order to excel, Ramy just went ahead and crossed over to the top tier category without having to break too much of a sweat.

Was it solely due to his physique or are we just seeing a change of tide in the "sport"?

"1"

they is jealous bitches.. his physique will (or not) do the talking...!

AR.2007

• Getbig II
Ramys strength is the current mr.Os weakness, think about it.

chest- ramy
legs- without question ramy!
back- idk maybe ramy or phil. Ramys wider but phil has detail. need to see a side by side.
delts- ramy
arms- ramy or phil. need to see side by side.
waist- both have good waists, but ramy is just SO MUCH BIGGER.

without politics and all that junk Ramy has a shot.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
also paying your dues is different for each guy.

I remember watching in interview where Flex wheeler(the one with Ronnie and I think Shawn aswell and they were all sitting at the table) compared genetics to cars. I think he compared a Mercedes AMG to a Volkswagen. good genetics vs bad genetics. no matter what you do to it, the Mercedes is always going to be better/faster.

(^ maybe someone here can find the real interview, I don't have the exact details on how he compared them).

Ramy just has insane 1 out of a million type genetics. its like levrone, train for 6 months get 2nd at the Olympia, while the guy in 15th place trains everyday...its all about what God has given you.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Haha Ramy would have to first get to stand next to Heath and that is up to the judges and that's where the pay your dues thing and marketability aspect comes into play.

Even if he made it all the way up to Phil, Heath is already two steps ahead of the line ;D

Ramy has much better structure and denser looking muscle than Phil. To be fair, he has wider waist and is somewhat reminding me of Cutler's look.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

Haha Ramy would have to first get to stand next to Heath and that is up to the judges and that's where the pay your dues thing and marketability aspect comes into play.

Even if he made it all the way up to Phil, Heath is already two steps ahead of the line ;D

Ramy has much better structure and denser looking muscle than Phil. To be fair, he has wider waist and is somewhat reminding me of Cutler's look.
BOTH LOOK LIKE THERE WEARING RUBBER SUIT IT DEPENDS ON WHO WEARS/SPORTS IT BETTER,,

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Flex won all of the shows he enterd in 93 except the Olympia!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Flex won all of the shows he enterd in 93 except the Olympia!

Wrong

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

chest- ramy
back- idk maybe ramy or phil. Ramys wider but phil has detail. need to see a side by side.
delts- ramy

That would be cool if they judged parts not poses but that's not how it works.

AR.2007

• Getbig II

What? They don't judge body parts anymore? Lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
What? They don't judge body parts anymore? Lol

Lol  , they judge POSES you can't break down parts pick who has ' better ' ones and decide who should win off of that , not how it works. And it's not just poses it's poses AND density AND dryness AND size AND balance AND proportion AND posing AND presentation

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wrong

He sure is fuck did! What show besides the Olympia did he enter and not win?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
He sure is fuck did! What show besides the Olympia did he enter and not win?

Nope he lost the 1993 GP of England to Charles Clairmonte

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

They used to give out best bodypart trophys in NPC and AAU and some pro shows, they need to bring that back!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
They used to give out best bodypart trophys in NPC and AAU and some pro shows, they need to bring that back!

They were doing that for a while same with best posing.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
there was no ''paying your dues'' those who became pro and were immediate threat were placing high like Levrone and Wheeler.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
there was no ''paying your dues'' those who became pro and were immediate threat were placing high like Levrone and Wheeler.

I tend to agree with this , winners almost always separate themselves immediately , there are exceptions like Ronnie but he was an anomaly all around.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I want some of the crack you're smoking but no one touches phil when it comes to Arms. Ramy needs to sharpen his leg detail

chest- ramy
delts- ramy

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Zero to Mr. Olympia in 3 years...Bob Chick and Tom Prince were right when they said "drugs are just the finishing touch" LOL!

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Paying your Dues? Jeezus chirst what the fuck does that even mean in this "sport."

Did big Ramy spend time riding the pine, spending extra hours learning the play book, took extra laps after practice? forgoes glory to set up solid plays for others? Is he a leader in the locker room?

How the fuck does one pay their dues in a beauty pagent? Either you look good or you don't. What a ridiculous notion.

Success in bodybuilding is all striated glutes, distended gut, synthoil and G4P....If he sticks to that plan and invests in the right thong he will go far.

hbk29

• Getbig II

[/
quote]   

Big ramy is very good,but come on. How can you say that he has better arms than heath?Heath has the best arms sunce lee priest.  THEY both have good chest, but ramy has gyno

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Unlimited sponsored oil money will get u anywhere.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Probably another Mustafa...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
I can see ramy beating some of the Olympia top 6 from last year,i.e. branch,wolf and maybe even dex depending what shape dex comes in at.rhoden,kai,culer and heath will hard to match up to.

He ain't beating dex, dex is one of the best still competing only ones that can beat him consistently would be jay, Kai and Phil, Rhoden won't do it again at the O

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
You mean this young man?

If so, I don't know...

"1"

His unibrow didn't pay their dues therefore prevented him from winning

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Fuck paying your dues.  >:(

There should be no such fucking thing.