Author Topic: Men's Physique: The future of professional bodybuilding??  (Read 10698 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Men's Physique: The future of professional bodybuilding??
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
Pro bodybuilding is dying. It's biggest time in popularity was during the late 70's and 80's. Men's Health magazine out sells all bodybuilding magazines combined. When Men's Health uses a model to demonstrate exercises it's always a men's physique type model. Truth be told the minute men's physique gets really popular the race will be on to up the dosage to win.

In terms of physique, where in sports do you see bodybuilding type physiques? I'll answer my question, no where. The best physiques are sprinters, gymnasts, football players, obviously not linemen; olympic lifters, obviously not super heavy weights, MMA, wrestlers and boxers.

I think bodybuilding fans have a warped impression of what's a good physique. They are so use to seeing pro drug bloated bodybuilding cosmetic muscle that when they see a real athlete they think, what a crap physique.
NICE,,

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
ya, im sure you look just like a top physique competitor.  ::)

the ignorant shit you see on message boards is really quite unbelievable at times.

seriously, I wonder sometimes too...

the best of these guys are carrying the mass of an NPC middleweight but are 6'0" instead of being a 5'5" treestump, they have awesome lines, not toad-like barrel bodies.

The only problem I have is that 99% of them claim to be natural and lie vocally in order to be the latest poster boy for protein powder

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
http://abcas3.auditedmedia.com/ecirc/magtitlesearch.asp

Check Flex vs Men's Health

I think this is a good answer to the topic.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »
Mens Physique will not replace bbing.never...
bodybuilding will always be the way it is-and a mens physique body is the way it is and way to easy to attain- so there is alot of them a dime a dozen nothing special to see--like bikini there will be thousands of them..-alot of people will like it and alot of people will think its a joke..i think they look good but to me its a average easy look that isnt hard to get-with guys in there 20s dominating....  for me mens physique is boring and just a bunch of beach bodies..doing 1/4 turns.....take away the mens bbing at Olympia and see how many people go watch the Mens Physique Olympia...not to many..It is good in the sence that the guys dont have to do as much drugs(but most are still all doin gear-gh-anti estros diretics ect) ..theres just nothing to see that has the wow factor.so to me its very boring and a bit of a joke to see some of the guys that look hillarious with huge egos..lol

The only problem I see with your stance is that money dictates where the industry will go.

They created the Men's Physique not just to appeal to the mainstream media and general public, but to expand their product's reach to the younger and more health-conscious youth that are overwhelmingly present today.

If more of these Men's Physique pros start to get sponsors by way of supplement and clothing companies, it won't be long before the pendulum swings in their direction, so much so that the actual IFBB open bodybuilding pros will realize that they need to go where the money is in order to stay both relevant and economically above water.

Freaks are freaks, but their look isn't selling as much magazines as it used to (AMI can be a great example of that). Plus, with more and more of the younger population looking androgynous and seeking out the metrosexual look that today's singers and actors have, it won't be long before the Men's Physique Pros start to take over.

Quick comparisons:

Yesterday's highest earning Hollywood Male Action Superstar (Arnold):

Today's highest earning Hollywood Male Action Superstar (Dicaprio):

Yesterday's top rapper (LL Cool J):

Today's top rapper (highest net worth - Sean Combs):

People Magazine's 2012 Sexiest Man Alive (Channing Tatum):

Yesterday's tough guy (Hulk Hogan):

Today's true killer (Cain Velasquez):

Yesterday's top boxer (Iron Mike Tyson):

Today's top boxer (Wladimir Klitschko):

In other words, times are changing. People are changing. Styles and preferences are evolving and if professional bodybuilding doesn't adapt to these ever changing trends, it won't be a lucrative venture.

"1"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »
ya, im sure you look just like a top physique competitor.  ::)

the ignorant shit you see on message boards is really quite unbelievable at times.
YEAH LOL...anybody can say I look like so and so and on and on,,,and prove squat no pics just words,,

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
Bbing's heyday was the 90s...Period. That is when they had bbing shows, and bbing was seen on ESPN, NBC and UPN (now CW).

Today's bbing are freaks, and nothing more. Phil Heath looked his best during his rookie yr, as do most bbers.

The Men's Physique division has physiques that look better and that one would like to obtain. Aside from JOJ's chest and Phil Heath's arms, there is nothing about today's bbing physiques that is worth admiring or saying that you'd want to look like.

Also, there are more people who look like the Physique Division than the bbing Division, which means less drugs, etc is/are needed. And more opportunities for modeling, and let's not forget a healthier lifestyle.

I completely disagree with you about the 90's. Were you an adult during the late 70's and early 80's? It was an explosion in popularity mainly from the movie Pumping Iron. The Olympia was on tv on ABC Wide World of Sport. ESPN had bodybuilding contests and shows about it. There were bodybuilding contests every where that would sell out. Local shows were everywhere. Bodybuilding magazines were selling well unlike now. Now you can find billiards and poker on ESPN but not bodybuilding.

juggerburn

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
In response to those saying it is hard to achieve "men's physique" bodies. I've seen guys in high school without gear that look similar to them.  

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »
YEAH LOL...anybody can say I look like so and so and on and on,,,and prove squat no pics just words,,

exactly. our new resident retard 'jugglecock' probably thinks he could be mr O if he took enough 'steroids'. :D

seriously, I wonder sometimes too...

the best of these guys are carrying the mass of an NPC middleweight but are 6'0" instead of being a 5'5" treestump, they have awesome lines, not toad-like barrel bodies.

The only problem I have is that 99% of them claim to be natural and lie vocally in order to be the latest poster boy for protein powder

these guys like juggernaut or whatever the fuck his name is kill me. here we have physique competitors with the classic lines of frank zane, maybe a few pounds lighter, but our new resident dildo jugglecock figures if he just 'takes some steroids' hed look as good if not better probably. lol oh brother.
b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »
In response to those saying it is hard to achieve "men's physique" bodies. I've seen guys in high school without gear that look similar to them.  

I don't remember this guy in my HS:

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
I don't remember this guy in my HS:

jugglecock looks better. all hed have to do is 'take some of them there steeroids' and hed be mr o.  ::)
b

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I completely disagree with you about the 90's. Were you an adult during the late 70's and early 80's? It was an explosion in popularity mainly from the movie Pumping Iron. The Olympia was on tv on ABC Wide World of Sport. ESPN had bodybuilding contests and shows about it. There were bodybuilding contests every where that would sell out. Local shows were everywhere. Bodybuilding magazines were selling well unlike now. Now you can find billiards and poker on ESPN but not bodybuilding.
The gene pool of the 90s was far superior than the 70s and 80s. There were guys with excellent genetics who couldnt even get their Pro Card. the quality was always in point. Plus, bbers were making far, far more money than the bbers of the 70s and 80s. Plus there were literally tons more tv shows about working out, tons more cable shows about health, and far more supp companies. That is why it was the heyday. The reason why mags don't sell well today is because we have the Internet. An alternative to mags---back in the 70s and 80s that is all they had as a mass media outlet.
It's good to be nostalgic, but one must not look at the past thru rose tinted glasses.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »
when i was a kid i wanted to look like arnold or stallone

i wouldnt wish looking like rami on my worst enemy

bet he cant walk up a flight of stairs
T

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
I believe the men's physique guys are not impressive at all. Literally anyone can look like them, just take steroids.

haha oh brother.  ::)
b

juggerburn

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
exactly. our new resident retard 'jugglecock' probably thinks he could be mr O if y=he took enough 'steroids'. :D

these guys like juggernaut or whatever the fuck his name is kill me. here we have physique competitors with the classic lines of frank zane, maybe a few pounds lighter, but our new resident dildo jugglecock figures if he just 'takes some steroids' hed look as good if not better probably. lol oh brother.

Not sure what to tell you twig, but you have to have some sort of physical disability not to look like them after taking steroids. I understand not everyone responds well to gear, but to those who have even a modest response, these physiques are achievable. I understand you are mad because I told you that you are a jack ass in another thread, but lets not let anger make you look even more stupid in unrelated threads. Lol at jugglecock, like I said, work on your social skills.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Not sure what to tell you twig, but you have to have some sort of physical disability not to look like them after taking steroids. I understand not everyone responds well to gear, but to those who have even a modest response, these physiques are achievable. I understand you are mad because I told you that you are a jack ass in another thread, but lets not let anger make you look even more stupid in unrelated threads. Lol at jugglecock, like I said, work on your social skills.

post up your pic, stud- you must be quite the specimen.  ::)

* edit and as for the emboldned part, stop posting. seriously. it is not going to end well for you.

b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »

post up your pic, stud- you must be quite the specimen.  ::)

are you perhaps suggesting that buggersbums loves the cock?
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »
when i was a kid i wanted to look like arnold or stallone

i wouldnt wish looking like rami on my worst enemy

bet he cant walk up a flight of stairs
x2. The only pro bb's that I wanted to look like were Flex, Sean Ray, and Gunter.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »

ol jugglecock isnt going to last here long. he's going to be another in a long line of pumphards cswols fat pandas and growth noobs.

you mean you didnt know that all you have to do is take some steeroids and you'll look like that?! its that easy! holy fuck! this guy must be a real fucking STUD! hahahahahahaha
b

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »
death to the thong and all the batty bwoy dem unna who wear it
"

juggerburn

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »

You feel as if no one, quite the fitting name, needs your moral support, but I'm the one that loves cock?

I came here to join in on making fun of bodybuilder's. Now it looks as if I am forced to make fun of the forum's losers as well. Stop forcing me to have fun, damnit.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
You feel as if no one, quite the fitting name, needs your moral support, but I'm the one that loves cock?

I came here to join in on making fun of bodybuilder's. Now it looks as if I am forced to make fun of the forum's losers as well. Stop forcing me to have fun, damnit.

were you munching on a cock when you typed that
T

juggerburn

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:29 PM »
were you munching on a cock when you typed that

Feel free to make an insult.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
Feel free to make an insult.

dont worry champ i will  :-*
T

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
mens physique= 70's bodybuilding with leg training only being leg extensions and leg curl + bigger posing trunks
"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
ol jugglecock isnt going to last here long. he's going to be another in a long line of pumphards cswols fat pandas and growth noobs.

you mean you didnt know that all you have to do is take some steeroids and you'll look like that?! its that easy! holy fuck! this guy must be a real fucking STUD! hahahahahahaha
GROWTH NOOB WAS A COMPLETE DISMANTLING IN DAYS FROM STUD TO DUD,,,