Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 589031 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: What drugs was Arnold on to be this lean ?
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
He was 210 pounds for both "Twins" and "Red Heat"

In 1987, I working as a trainer at a gym in NYC where Arnold would train, when in town. I personally observed him step on a scale. He weighed 212.

You are correct, Sir.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
He was leaner and more defined in red heat than twins, 212 for red heat and heavier for twins surely.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2014, 06:41:11 AM »
He weighted 228  here????    that's even crazier.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Safe to say he juiced until 1988 for roles.

He bulked up for Terminator (1984) and later leaned out (got cut) for Commando (1985). He then started bulking a bit for Raw Deal (1986) and further in 1987 for The Running Man and then leaned out (got cut) for Predator and then gained a bit of weight for Twins and Red Heat (1988). By Total Recall (1990) and then T2 (1991) he was about 215 pounds and while muscular, he was pretty lean. 1993 (Last Action Hero) and then True Lies (1994), he had lost pretty much all his muscle. He regained a bit of it back for T3 (in 2003), but after that, came SERIOUS height loss (about 3" in height to this day) and serious overall muscle. He's never recovered.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
incorrect predator was filmed first, he had to gain the weight back for the running man, he lost 28lbs through illness and filming in the jungle heat.
Last action hero he was in excellent shape, chest big and solid and he was cut, you can see this in the behind the scenes pics and deleted scenes.
T3 he didn't just gain a bit back he was probably his biggest since the 80's

He bulked up for Terminator (1984) and later leaned out (got cut) for Commando (1985). He then started bulking a bit for Raw Deal (1986) and further in 1987 for The Running Man and then leaned out (got cut) for Predator and then gained a bit of weight for Twins and Red Heat (1988). By Total Recall (1990) and then T2 (1991) he was about 215 pounds and while muscular, he was pretty lean. 1993 (Last Action Hero) and then True Lies (1994), he had lost pretty much all his muscle. He regained a bit of it back for T3 (in 2003), but after that, came SERIOUS height loss (about 3" in height to this day) and serious overall muscle. He's never recovered.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
T3 he didn't just gain a bit back he was probably his biggest since the 80's

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - What drugs was he on to be this lean ?
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
1988 (age 41)  not too shabby either.

WooooSSSHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
Arnold and Bertil ....wonder if someone has more pics of them training together?

Wooosshhhhhhhhhhh

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2015, 03:40:29 AM »
That's the face of only fish and water for several days.  

What's he only on deca and primo ?

Woosshhhhhhh

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:12 AM »
1980 Olympia right...and Mike going on about him being out of shape lol

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2015, 05:25:48 AM »
I just did an interview with Samir Bannout last night and he said Arnold was way off for the 1980 Mr. Olympia. He said Arnold looked great about a month out from the show and he would have won it easily if he looked like that but he hurt his shoulder and had to take a cortisol shot. The cortisol made him retain water and he was smooth at the show. Samir, who is a huge Arnold fan, said he shouldn't have placed in the top five.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:08 AM »
I just did an interview with Samir Bannout last night and he said Arnold was way off for the 1980 Mr. Olympia. He said Arnold looked great about a month out from the show and he would have won it easily if he looked like that but he hurt his shoulder and had to take a cortisol shot. The cortisol made him retain water and he was smooth at the show. Samir, who is a huge Arnold fan, said he shouldn't have placed in the top five.

Samir is not a credible source.  He has ego and memory issues.  I've seen him back in the late 80s earlier 90s leaning up against a palm tree at a local mall apparently high as a kite.  There was a time when he was -physique wise - a god among men.  Having that in your past can sometimes be a curse as you get older.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:39 AM »
That's the face of only fish and water for several days.  

What's he only on deca and primo ?

Woosshhhhhhh

I assumed the Woosshhhhh in your posts was an automated signature, then I realised that your you are are typing them out each time as the numbers of "o" and "s" vary from post to post.

How long have you been doing this, is it like in every post going back thousands of posts?

Do you not get bored of having to type the woosshhh in every time you post, I guess not as you do it in ever post.

One thing we can be sure is that Arnold was on pharamecutical grade drugs and not the underground crap made in somebodies bath tub.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48:12 AM »
Samir is not a credible source.  He has ego and memory issues.  I've seen him back in the late 80s earlier 90s leaning up against a palm tree at a local mall apparently high as a kite.  There was a time when he was -physique wise - a god among men.  Having that in your past can sometimes be a curse as you get older.
I kind of agree with this, even though I'm a big fan of Samir, how could Arnold look good a month out if he hadn't even starting training yet?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »
I assumed the Woosshhhhh in your posts was an automated signature, then I realised that your you are are typing them out each time as the numbers of "o" and "s" vary from post to post.

How long have you been doing this, is it like in every post going back thousands of posts?

Do you not get bored of having to type the woosshhh in every time you post, I guess not as you do it in ever post.

One thing we can be sure is that Arnold was on pharamecutical grade drugs and not the underground crap made in somebodies bath tub.

I agree, the pharmaceutical Grade drug Arnold was on during those 8 months in 1980 was great quality, made his muscle look less 'artificial" both flexing or relaxed, therefore more real than those of today... he had the best tan ever  that helped too  I guess.

As for the WOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHH;   A signature will be boring and predictable ....

Typing it in real time is like singing live ! ...

Besides people are always counting the "o" the "s" at the final of my posts , not knowing exactly what amounts of letters to expect ....

WOSH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2015, 07:38:22 AM »

QFT.

However, of all bodybuilders there, only Platz and Columbu think Arnold was the fair winner in Sydney..

I wish Sammir had personal photos, or any other contestant for that matter  backing up their claims

As every picture available from the contest has Arnold dwarfing, outmassing and looking as ripped as all of them .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lean and dry !

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
QFT.

However, of all bodybuilders there, only Platz and Columbu think Arnold was the fair winner in Sydney..

I wish Sammir had personal photos, or any other contestant for that matter  backing up their claims

As every picture available from the contest has Arnold dwarfing, outmassing and looking as ripped as all of them .

pretty much,,,relaxed he wasn't as impressive as in earlier yrs,,but his conditioning was tenfold as ever and posed he looked dominant enough..

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
Doesn't matter what samir thinks Arnold at 80 percent beat them all the pics and videos are there for proof. His thighs were slender in some shots but everyone else had more flaws and looked tiny next to him. Plus his conditioning was great, hardly out of shape.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »

Besides people are always counting the "o" the "s" at the final of my posts , not knowing exactly what amounts of letters to expect ....

WOSH

I know I do and that does add a bit of something extra/to look forward to.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »
Doesn't matter what samir thinks Arnold at 80 percent beat them all the pics and videos are there for proof. His thighs were slender in some shots but everyone else had more flaws and looked tiny next to him. Plus his conditioning was great, hardly out of shape.

All you have to do is watch the video of the '80 Mr O.  Arnold was the best man on that stage that day... the best by a long shot.  People who deny this are lying to themselves.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2015, 12:59:25 PM »
All you have to do is watch the video of the '80 Mr O.  Arnold was the best man on that stage that day... the best by a long shot.  People who deny this are lying to themselves.

Fact.

I don't understand people who can see the comparison pictures or video from that show and talk about Menzer, Zane or Dickerson winning.  Arnold wasn't at his all time best(especially in the legs) but he was head and shoulders above those guys.  Not even close.  His size, structure, lines and conditioning were just too much for these stumpy dwarfs to compete with. 

I swear people talk shit about that contest just as an attempt to sound smart.  Challenging the establishment and trying to act like they knew better.  Some people are just regurgitating bullshit they heard from that bitter mental patient Mike Mentzer.  He was the original bro scientist.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
of all bodybuilders there, only Platz and Columbu think Arnold was the fair winner in Sydney..

And Roy Callender.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »
I kind of agree with this, even though I'm a big fan of Samir, how could Arnold look good a month out if he hadn't even starting training yet?

Arnold trained hard at least 8 weeks before the contest. If you see pictures of him training with Jusup Wilcosz and Franco, he looks great in the gym. Samir said that he hurt his shoulder and took a cortisone shot and this made him hold water. Samir saw him training at the gym, traveled to Australia with Arnold and saw him both onstage and off stage at the Olympia, up close, and yet he's not a credible source??

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »
Maybe he did look better leading up to the contest but he still looked better than everyone else onstage. That's where samir is mistaken, Arnold wasn't competing against his gym self or 70's self. Plus Arnold's vascularity was at a new level on stage for him, so whatever he did wrong it worked out ok For his look in the end. I remember reading he busted his arse to work off that water retention.

Arnold trained hard at least 8 weeks before the contest. If you see pictures of him training with Jusup Wilcosz and Franco, he looks great in the gym. Samir said that he hurt his shoulder and took a cortisone shot and this made him hold water. Samir saw him training at the gym, traveled to Australia with Arnold and saw him both onstage and off stage at the Olympia, up close, and yet he's not a credible source??