Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 598416 times)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - What drugs was he on to be this lean ?
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2015, 02:05:29 AM »
I just did an interview with Samir Bannout last night and he said Arnold was way off for the 1980 Mr. Olympia. He said Arnold looked great about a month out from the show and he would have won it easily if he looked like that but he hurt his shoulder and had to take a cortisol shot. The cortisol made him retain water and he was smooth at the show. Samir, who is a huge Arnold fan, said he shouldn't have placed in the top five.
How exactly Samir was able to compete and watch the contest at the same time(and this apply to the other competitors too)so he knows Arnold shouldn't be top 5?You competed many times yourself.Were you able to place the rest of your competition in order while you were competing against them?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What drugs was Arnold on to be this lean ?
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2015, 03:35:46 AM »
Unless he signs up here and tells us himself, we will never know.

Sad but true statement. 

Wooosshhhhh

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2015, 04:42:37 AM »
How exactly Samir was able to compete and watch the contest at the same time(and this apply to the other competitors too)so he knows Arnold shouldn't be top 5?You competed many times yourself.Were you able to place the rest of your competition in order while you were competing against them?

I think you get a good idea of who is in shape and who isn't by how they look backstage. Samir was at the show and I wasn't so, in my opinion, that makes him a credible source.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2015, 05:23:18 AM »
 8)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »
    8)

Ironically in the side chest (Arnold strong pose)  Dickerson looks more balanced overall.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »
I think you get a good idea of who is in shape and who isn't by how they look backstage. Samir was at the show and I wasn't so, in my opinion, that makes him a credible source.
Watching someone tanning or walking relaxed backstage,even pumping up is still not the same as watching the whole contest from the judges table or a very good sit in the hall.Some bodybuilders come alive more than others once they start posing and Arnold was one of them.Besides a good competitor doesn't necessarily makes a good judge and Samir proved it by placing Gustavo Badel ahead of Ronnie at the 2005 Olympia's challenge round.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »

I agree, the pharmaceutical Grade drug Arnold was on during those 8 months in 1980 was great quality, made his muscle look less 'artificial" both flexing or relaxed, therefore more real than those of today... he had the best tan ever  that helped too  I guess.

As for the WOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHH;   A signature will be boring and predictable ....

Typing it in real time is like singing live ! ...

Besides people are always counting the "o" the "s" at the final of my posts , not knowing exactly what amounts of letters to expect ....

WOSH

WOSH ;D ;D

Yes I guess there is the novelty factor there by varying the letters!

I think the lack of availability of real pharma grade drugs must play a part in the decline in the physique's we see today. Even the guys in the 90's probably built most of their foundation off the back of gear in the 80's as they were growing up. Who knows whats in UG stuff, in many cases you might order primo, but all your getting is watered down test. Im sure the chinese throw in a few contaminants for good measure.
Supplements probaly play a part too, creatine and NO2 supps probably have an effect. So many bodybuilders have this lifeless, exhausted look to their bodies and their muscles.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
WOSH ;D ;D

Yes I guess there is the novelty factor there by varying the letters!

I think the lack of availability of real pharma grade drugs must play a part in the decline in the physique's we see today. Even the guys in the 90's probably built most of their foundation off the back of gear in the 80's as they were growing up. Who knows whats in UG stuff, in many cases you might order primo, but all your getting is watered down test. Im sure the chinese throw in a few contaminants for good measure.
Supplements probaly play a part too, creatine and NO2 supps probably have an effect. So many bodybuilders have this lifeless, exhausted look to their bodies and their muscles.

In 1986 I remember some dude would come to the gym once a week and would sell 100% legit Parabolin, Primobolan, Anavar, Winny, D-bol, Anadrol and various forms of Test right out of his gym bag.  Those were the days boy.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »

^^
Translated...

This image was taken on in Sydney. hard training, balanced diet and intake of amino-Vit brought me in just 77 days this form. It will bring you success like it did for me.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2015, 02:59:29 PM »
In 1986 I remember some dude would come to the gym once a week and would sell 100% legit Parabolin, Primobolan, Anavar, Winny, D-bol, Anadrol and various forms of Test right out of his gym bag.  Those were the days boy.

Nice ;D

All they had was pharma gear and real food, ok a few shitty supplements existed back then but really there was nothing else for them to play around with. Im sure thats why they looked so much better.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
80's guys pre contest were big on stanazol stanazol stanazol, plus anavar and tren

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2015, 09:41:40 AM »
80's guys pre contest were big on stanazol stanazol stanazol, plus anavar and tren
winstrol yes and finajet another vet drug hardness look,ben Johnson had look down 'fibrous thick muscle'dude was ripped horse..

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
 8)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2015, 10:02:24 PM »
 ;D

WOSH

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »
Insulin = todays shity "sport"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »

So many people JUST DON'T KNOW what these competitors go through. I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's bitter-sweet.

When you are standing on that stage under the lights and you have gone meticulously and consistently through your contest prep THE WAY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO... it is what is called a "near death experience" ~ yes, you are elated, especially if you are in the top 5 (REGARDLESS OF WHAT SHOW YOU ARE DOING) and you feel like you are dying.

If you end up placing even higher than the Top 5, you get a rush of adrenaline. Now, where that comes from nobody knows. Is it stored somewhere? The drugs have already done their job. Maybe it's the last of a Vic or a Perc that you popped?

It's the one last shred of ANYTHING you have left in you.

I wonder how many here have seen committed bodybuilders during EVERY STEP of their contest prep? I'm talking the 3 cardio sessions a day, where maybe you are watching their kid for them (Female or Male contender) and then the workouts, the borrowing of the gym's refrigerator so that they can eat the measly little bit of Talapia and Broccoli that they might have. At this point, there is no rice, no sweet potato, no Oatmeal, which would be considered a HUGE TREAT at this time.

They look at you, you can see that haven't been sleeping. They are starving. They still push out their cardio sessions. Sometimes the cardio is continued with bloody nose, or only God knows what, and they push. Unstoppable.

Regulars in the gym don't know what to think. They don't understand what they are seeing.

All that work. All that time. They literally LIVE AT THE GYM...

and the rest of us sit back and go "Oh, it's the drugs... I could be just like that if I did the same thing..." LMAO

NO, you couldn't.

[rant][/end rant]

I have 3 competitors right now who are gasping from a National Qualifier. Anyone in California knows exactly which show I'm talking about.

two more smaller shows coming up....

You wanna talk about the reality of a plastic trophy here?

Anyone here know where I'm coming from (even though I'm going off???) lol ~
you described it very well..personally I do not believe in percs vics of be on zero carbs but the feeling is there..not a pleasant state of mind for sure

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »
Wow, never seen that before, arnolds conditioning and separation were  outstanding. He looked really wide in 80 and his traps huge

8)

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
don't know why winnie gets a bad rep these days.

must be because ghteen said it was a shitty compound

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
Arnold brought in and excellent xmas tree, glutes and hams were a bit undeveloped and undefined compared to the rest of him.

Halo your a black man in a white mans body, your love for Coleman is sickening.

x2

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
don't know why winnie gets a bad rep these days.

must be because ghteen said it was a shitty compound

you are probably right.

Winstol, primo, anavar I think they all gave those dry lean gains you saw in the old bodybuilders. Now its all about mass at all costs and bodybuilders swelling up like balloons.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »
in the 1980 pics show the more streamlined version arnie could not hide the wide waist as good as before.

however, he was still numero uno. can't believe so many peopled melted down over such a clear victory. arnold trolled mike mentzer so bad, the poor guy turned into looney toon.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »
Although he was dehydrated and almost fainted twice during filming of Predator (he even went to see a doctor)

his leanest (lower BF) for a moviel roll was in Red Heat

According to Predator director, John McTiernan, most of the crew contracted Malaria while filming. That is why you can notice a difference in some of the actors' conditioning throughout the film - particularly Arnold and Jesse.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2015, 10:54:40 AM »

red heat,,,awesome considering he wasn't that young,,

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »
red heat,,,awesome considering he wasn't that young,,

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH