Author Topic: The end of women's bodybuilding in the IFBB as it goes away from the Arnold  (Read 14060 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
The Arnold Sports Festival will add the 212-pound professional men’s bodybuilding division to its IFBB Pro League contests in 2014, event promoter Jim Lorimer announced today.

The men’s bodybuilding lightweight division has become one of the IFBB Pro League’s most popular since being introduced in 2008 as the 202-pound division. The allowed weight was increased to 212 pounds effective November 2011.

The first-annual Arnold Classic 212 will be held Feb. 28, 2014. Prejudging will be held from noon-2 p.m. at the Arnold Fitness EXPO Stage, with finals sets for 7 p.m. that night at Veterans Memorial.

The Arnold Classic 212 will replace the Ms. International women’s bodybuilding competition at the Arnold Sports Festival. The Ms. International was part of the Arnold Sports Festival for 25 years, with Iris Kyle winning her record seventh title in 2013.

“The Arnold Sports Festival was proud to support women’s bodybuilding through the Ms. International for the past quarter century,” Lorimer said. “But in keeping with demands of our fans, the time has come to introduce the Arnold Classic 212 beginning in 2014. We are excited to create a professional competitive platform for some of the IFBB Pro League’s most popular competitors.”

The 2014 Arnold Sports Festival will again feature five IFBB Pro League events: men’s bodybuilding, 212 men’s bodybuilding, women’s fitness, figure and bikini.

The 2014 Arnold Sports Festival – which will once again feature 18,000 athletes from more than 80 nations competing in 45 sports and events – will be held Feb. 27-March 2, 2014. Arnold Classic 212, Fitness International and Figure International competitions will be held on Friday, Feb. 28 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and Veterans Memorial. The 26th Annual Arnold Classic and Bikini International will be held on Saturday, March 1 at Veterans Memorial. The Arnold Amateur Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure, Bikini & Physique Championships will be held March Feb. 27-28 at Veterans Memorial and March 1 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Making a power move.

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
disgusting man beasts

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
They probably realized it when the stadium would empty for the Women's round then fill back up for bikini

MB

• Getbig IV
Is fitness, figure and bikini more popular than women's bodybuilding amongst a bodybuilding audience?  None of these women's events could carry their weight if they weren't run in parallel with other contests (NPC or men's divisions).  

ukjeff

mens bodybuilding will be next to go.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
mens bodybuilding will be next to go.

lol....right

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Womens Bikini & Mens Bikini will be the mainstream in our industry ;)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Jesus Christ I don't think they look good but WTF? We have BIKINI, FIGURE, FITNESS, AND PHYSIQUE for Christ sakes! Let them have bodybuilding to be as big and ripped as they want! That's what the sport is about....or should I say that's what the sport of bodybuilding has come to be about!

I'm very disappointed with this decision.  :'(

I don't aspire to be like them but I do admire them for their hardcore training and crazy difficult diet regimens!

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
schmoelito mejiah is in tears.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
The women's bodybuilders should be allowed to compete in the 212. Many would crush the guys. The conditioning of some of the FBB's is insane.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
Jesus Christ I don't think they look good but WTF? We have BIKINI, FIGURE, FITNESS, AND PHYSIQUE for Christ sakes! Let them have bodybuilding to be as big and ripped as they want! That's what the sport is about....or should I say that's what the sport of bodybuilding has come to be about!

I'm very disappointed with this decision.  :'(

I don't aspire to be like them but I do admire them for their hardcore training and crazy difficult diet regimens!

Yes, but hardcore drug use for a women is essentially irreversible sex change.

It's a night n day difference between the genders.

Men can always cut back to TRT and live normal lives, women on the other hand are basically fucked for life.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
good

it's a trannyfest. the women probably regret getting in to it when they realize they turned in to men.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
The women's bodybuilders should be allowed to compete in the 212. Many would crush the guys. The conditioning of some of the FBB's is insane.

hp31

• Getbig III
Smart move imo. Makes no sense to keep it when it can't put bodies in the seats. Bikini, women's & men's physique, & the 212 have grown in popularity while wbb has been on the decline for a good while now.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
So much for people enjoying freak shows. :-[ I'm sure men's bodybuilding is just a few years away as well.

It's a freak show I loved though.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
The "Times" they are a changing 8)

yates fan

• Getbig III
this is as bad as wrestling being taken out of the Olympics!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Womens Bikini & Mens Bikini will be the mainstream in our industry ;)

Oh, how "sad" no more shemales for admirers like Ahmed or Sherififi  ;D ;D ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Dateline 2015:  The IFBB officially changes its name to International Federation of Physique and Bikini

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

What disaster.  Weirdos and their "gurus" killed women's bodybuilding
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
What disaster.  Weirdos and their "gurus" killed women's bodybuilding
women taking male hormones killed womens bb. it was a lost cause from get go....

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Dateline 2015:  The IFBB officially changes its name to International Federation of Physique and Bikini

Actually official title is: IFBB & F (F 4 fitness) !

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  The way of the Dodo