Author Topic: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate  (Read 25838 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2014, 05:57:08 PM »
Completely agree.

Yeah, because it wasn't your name some lyin' sack was dragging through the mud in order to promote himself and make money.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »

While his wife collected millions and CONTINUED to spread the lie???  Ventura did the right thing in a no-win situation.  Chris Kyle lied and his death from his own stupidty of taking a a guy with PTSD to a rifle range doesn't mean dick

Agreed.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
Issue a press release.  Hold a press conference.  Write an op ed.  Not dignify it with a response.  Take the high road.  Plenty of ways to address it other than pursuing a lawsuit against the widow. 

One friggin paragraph in a book.   ::)

But he is a 911 Troofer, so we shouldn't expect much from him.

First off, the widow will not be footing the bill, the publisher will have insurance to cover this.  People need to stop with the phony sob story that Jesse went after the widow.  After commencing the lawsuit while Chris was alive, Jesse should just up and drop it after his death and absorb the legal fees he's already put out, and allow his reputation to continue to be sullied?  I think not. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »

While his wife collected millions and CONTINUED to spread the lie???  Ventura did the right thing in a no-win situation.  Chris Kyle lied and his death from his own stupidty of taking a a guy with PTSD to a rifle range doesn't mean dick

What the fuck are you talking about, you have some inside information again? The fuck head who shot Kyle was a POG, if he PTSD then you probably have it to from getting blasted in the face with jizz.

Chris Kyle is held in the highest regard in the SEAL community, James Janos is persona non grata.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
Yeah, because it wasn't your name some lyin' sack was dragging through the mud in order to promote himself and make money.

::)  No, that's not why I agree with Soul Crusher that "Ventura went about 'clearing his name' in the worst possible fashion imaginable."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
First off, the widow will not be footing the bill, the publisher will have insurance to cover this.  People need to stop with the phony sob story that Jesse went after the widow.  After commencing the lawsuit while Chris was alive, Jesse should just up and drop it after his death and absorb the legal fees he's already put out, and allow his reputation to continue to be sullied?  I think not. 

How do you know the publisher paid for her legal defense and will pay the jury's award?  Did you read that somewhere? 

Yes, he went after the widow, because he continued the suit after the guy died. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »
How do you know the publisher paid for her legal defense and will pay the jury's award?  Did you read that somewhere? 

Yes, he went after the widow, because he continued the suit after the guy died. 
Even if he did, so what?  If she's profiting off of a lie, it's wrong.  There was opportunity to recant and it was not taken.  In the end they lost.  Tough shit for them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »
Even if he did, so what?  If she's profiting off of a lie, it's wrong.  There was opportunity to recant and it was not taken.  In the end they lost.  Tough shit for them.

How do you know the publisher is paying for her legal defense and the jury award? 

She isn't profiting, because the book proceeds are going to the families of two service members who were KIA. 

And this is a few paragraphs in a book.  Hardly the reason why the book made money. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
How do you know the publisher is paying for her legal defense and the jury award? 

She isn't profiting, because the book proceeds are going to the families of two service members who were KIA. 

And this is a few paragraphs in a book.  Hardly the reason why the book made money. 

Because that's how it works. In the end, Jesse proved his case and won.  It's totally irrelevant what she would have used the profits for. Using the proceeds for a perceived noble cause doesn't legitimize the ill gotten gains.  And the publisher did purposefully use Jesse's name to boost sales, based on a lie.  It's easy for others to cast aspersions when it's not their reputation being sullied.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »
Because that's how it works. In the end, Jesse proved his case and won.  It's totally irrelevant what she would have used the profits for. Using the proceeds for a perceived noble cause doesn't legitimize the ill gotten gains.  And the publisher did purposefully use Jesse's name to boost sales, based on a lie.  It's easy for others to cast aspersions when it's not their reputation being sullied.

It makes sense to me that the publisher would pay, but I haven't read or heard that they are in this case. 

Nobody cared about those paragraphs in that book.

And again, she didn't profit from the book.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »
It makes sense to me that the publisher would pay, but I haven't read or heard that they are in this case.  

You're still missing the point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:43 PM »
You're still missing the point.

No.  I'm just disagreeing with you.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:58 AM »
Lots of good info here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384176/justice-jesse-ventura-was-right-his-lawsuit-j-delgado
Clearly, quite a few folks here don't really know what they're talking about.

With the $500,000 defamation portion of the award covered by libel insurance, only $1.3 million will come out of the Kyle estate (and that’s assuming the judge even upholds that portion of the award).
Ventura noted on CBS This Morning Wednesday: “Taya Kyle had all of her attorney fees paid by insurance. I did not. I incurred two and a half years of lawyer fees that I have to pay to clear my name, and she had insurance paying everything for her. It was me against an insurance company.” Ventura added that he will use the winnings to pay off his attorneys’ fees.

MYTH: Even if Kyle lied about Ventura, his book sales weren’t significantly increased by that story, so Kyle did not profit from the defamation.

Wrong! In fact, the book made national headlines largely — and probably only — because of the salacious story about Ventura. Don’t believe me? No worries — take Kyle’s publicist’s word for it. At the time, the publicist remarked that the story was making the book’s sales “go crazy.”

MYTH: Taya Kyle and the kids are now broke because of Ventura! I hope someone is setting up a fund for them!

Ms. Kyle is a multimillionaire. With the $500,000 defamation portion of the award covered by libel insurance, only $1.3 million will come out of the Kyle estate (and that’s assuming the judge even upholds that portion of the award). In light of the reported $6 million in book profits, not to mention potential profits from future book royalties (once the movie releases in 2015, the book is sure to rocket in sales again), and Kyle’s no doubt robust life-insurance policies, to claim that this is cruel or a hardship on a destitute widow is ill informed and disingenuous.[/i]
MYTH: Kyle was a perfect person and an utterly honest one.
Specifically: Whatever happened to the repeated claim that the book’s proceeds would go/had gone to charity, benefiting the families of his fallen friends?

Consider what Kyle’s publisher wrote after his tragic passing: “He dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends” (italics mine). An article in the Blaze definitively proclaimed: “A perfect reflection of his character, Kyle gave all proceeds from his best-selling book American Sniper to the families of soldiers killed in combat” (italics mine). Or this line from a Human Events article: “For American Sniper, Kyle donated the profits from that book to charity.” Kyle himself perpetuated this idea, telling the same proceeds-went-to-charity tale to the Texas News Service and even adding that he regularly received tearful calls and letters of thanks.

And now for the kicker: It isn’t true. Out of the staggering $3 million that American Sniper collected in royalties for Kyle, only $52,000 actually went to the families of fallen servicemen. (Rather than 100 percent of the proceeds, as the public was led to believe, try 2 percent!) While Kyle’s widow claimed, in her testimony, that they never intended to profit from the book, and “wanted” to donate the money to other veterans, she said they were weren’t able to because of — get this! — “gift-tax laws that prevented them from donating more than $13,000 each to two families last year.”

When Ventura’s attorney asked why they did not simply create a nonprofit (standard practice) to be able to give away the money without gift-tax concerns, Kyle said she had not had the time to set up such a nonprofit.

Separately, she noted: “We are trying to find the right places and not just throw it away.”

It’s true that giving money away effectively is more challenging than many people realize. But it’s hard to believe neither of the Kyles was able to sort this problem out: Surely it is quite easy to locate the struggling families of fallen servicemen. And the challenges of setting up a nonprofit don’t excuse the Kyles’ and the publisher’s strongly implying, and allowing others to claim unambiguously, that they were giving all the money away when this was clearly not true.

Why is there no concern for those families of other veterans — many of whom, unlike Kyle’s supposedly destitute widow, probably are struggling financially? Do those families, who were supposed to receive help, not matter?

So what does this all demonstrate, and why should it matter?

For one, Americans are showing a disturbing level of either support or disregard for the legal system — based solely on what they think of the parties involved. That is a dangerous approach. It’s against the fundamentals of justice to decide how you feel about a case based on how much you like the defendant or plaintiff, rather than the facts.

More important, however, it demonstrates a worrisome level of blind hero worship. The idea that, because Kyle served his country bravely and honorably, he was therefore always honorable in all aspects of his life, and can do no wrong, ever, is preposterous. As Pocket Full of Liberty’s editor Skyler Mann wondered: “Not about Chris Kyle in particular but the hullaboo makes me wonder: if a veteran does something super sh**** is it OK because s/he’s a vet?”

A jury, with far more information than we the public have (including the chance to listen to witness testimony and watch Kyle’s deposition), essentially found that Kyle lied. The fact that many conservatives are furiously shaking their heads, refusing to accept this, and taking it even further by attacking Ventura for daring to clear his name is extremely disturbing. Ventura is the jerk for suing to restore his reputation — not Chris Kyle for lying and making an easy target sound like a demon, for the sake of financial gain and publicity.

Got it, that makes perfect sense. We supported George Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit, but not Jesse Ventura’s. Apparently, it’s not the merits or facts of the case, but rather how likeable the parties are, that determines whom American public opinion supports. Listening to the outrage brigade on social media, big on demagoguery but short on facts, one can conclude that (a) widows can never be sued nor are capable of unjustly profiting and (b) war heroes are perfect in every regard of their lives, forever.

This is blind hero worship, at its most embarrassing.

— A. J. Delgado is a conservative writer and lawyer. She writes about politics and culture.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
..I read that he talked about Ventura on a couple of radio shows. 

Opie and Anthony was one of the shows and I forget the name of the other one.
my man, Poppa Bear hisself, Billo Reilly
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »
Lots of good info here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384176/justice-jesse-ventura-was-right-his-lawsuit-j-delgado
Clearly, quite a few folks here don't really know what they're talking about.
With the $500,000 defamation portion of the award covered by libel insurance, only $1.3 million will come out of the Kyle estate (and that’s assuming the judge even upholds that portion of the award).
Ventura noted on CBS This Morning Wednesday: “Taya Kyle had all of her attorney fees paid by insurance. I did not. I incurred two and a half years of lawyer fees that I have to pay to clear my name, and she had insurance paying everything for her. It was me against an insurance company.” Ventura added that he will use the winnings to pay off his attorneys’ fees.

MYTH: Even if Kyle lied about Ventura, his book sales weren’t significantly increased by that story, so Kyle did not profit from the defamation.

Wrong! In fact, the book made national headlines largely — and probably only — because of the salacious story about Ventura. Don’t believe me? No worries — take Kyle’s publicist’s word for it. At the time, the publicist remarked that the story was making the book’s sales “go crazy.”

MYTH: Taya Kyle and the kids are now broke because of Ventura! I hope someone is setting up a fund for them!

Ms. Kyle is a multimillionaire. With the $500,000 defamation portion of the award covered by libel insurance, only $1.3 million will come out of the Kyle estate (and that’s assuming the judge even upholds that portion of the award). In light of the reported $6 million in book profits, not to mention potential profits from future book royalties (once the movie releases in 2015, the book is sure to rocket in sales again), and Kyle’s no doubt robust life-insurance policies, to claim that this is cruel or a hardship on a destitute widow is ill informed and disingenuous.[/i]
MYTH: Kyle was a perfect person and an utterly honest one.
Specifically: Whatever happened to the repeated claim that the book’s proceeds would go/had gone to charity, benefiting the families of his fallen friends?

Consider what Kyle’s publisher wrote after his tragic passing: “He dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends” (italics mine). An article in the Blaze definitively proclaimed: “A perfect reflection of his character, Kyle gave all proceeds from his best-selling book American Sniper to the families of soldiers killed in combat” (italics mine). Or this line from a Human Events article: “For American Sniper, Kyle donated the profits from that book to charity.” Kyle himself perpetuated this idea, telling the same proceeds-went-to-charity tale to the Texas News Service and even adding that he regularly received tearful calls and letters of thanks.

And now for the kicker: It isn’t true. Out of the staggering $3 million that American Sniper collected in royalties for Kyle, only $52,000 actually went to the families of fallen servicemen. (Rather than 100 percent of the proceeds, as the public was led to believe, try 2 percent!) While Kyle’s widow claimed, in her testimony, that they never intended to profit from the book, and “wanted” to donate the money to other veterans, she said they were weren’t able to because of — get this! — “gift-tax laws that prevented them from donating more than $13,000 each to two families last year.”

When Ventura’s attorney asked why they did not simply create a nonprofit (standard practice) to be able to give away the money without gift-tax concerns, Kyle said she had not had the time to set up such a nonprofit.

Separately, she noted: “We are trying to find the right places and not just throw it away.”

It’s true that giving money away effectively is more challenging than many people realize. But it’s hard to believe neither of the Kyles was able to sort this problem out: Surely it is quite easy to locate the struggling families of fallen servicemen. And the challenges of setting up a nonprofit don’t excuse the Kyles’ and the publisher’s strongly implying, and allowing others to claim unambiguously, that they were giving all the money away when this was clearly not true.

Why is there no concern for those families of other veterans — many of whom, unlike Kyle’s supposedly destitute widow, probably are struggling financially? Do those families, who were supposed to receive help, not matter?

So what does this all demonstrate, and why should it matter?

For one, Americans are showing a disturbing level of either support or disregard for the legal system — based solely on what they think of the parties involved. That is a dangerous approach. It’s against the fundamentals of justice to decide how you feel about a case based on how much you like the defendant or plaintiff, rather than the facts.

More important, however, it demonstrates a worrisome level of blind hero worship. The idea that, because Kyle served his country bravely and honorably, he was therefore always honorable in all aspects of his life, and can do no wrong, ever, is preposterous. As Pocket Full of Liberty’s editor Skyler Mann wondered: “Not about Chris Kyle in particular but the hullaboo makes me wonder: if a veteran does something super sh**** is it OK because s/he’s a vet?”

A jury, with far more information than we the public have (including the chance to listen to witness testimony and watch Kyle’s deposition), essentially found that Kyle lied. The fact that many conservatives are furiously shaking their heads, refusing to accept this, and taking it even further by attacking Ventura for daring to clear his name is extremely disturbing. Ventura is the jerk for suing to restore his reputation — not Chris Kyle for lying and making an easy target sound like a demon, for the sake of financial gain and publicity.

Got it, that makes perfect sense. We supported George Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit, but not Jesse Ventura’s. Apparently, it’s not the merits or facts of the case, but rather how likeable the parties are, that determines whom American public opinion supports. Listening to the outrage brigade on social media, big on demagoguery but short on facts, one can conclude that (a) widows can never be sued nor are capable of unjustly profiting and (b) war heroes are perfect in every regard of their lives, forever.

This is blind hero worship, at its most embarrassing.

— A. J. Delgado is a conservative writer and lawyer. She writes about politics and culture.
Thats pretty ridiculous writing...  I dont lnow pf anyone who believed any of those things.

For one,  I dont know anyone who read that bool because of Ventura... im sute plenty of people did but the assertion tbat its success was due to ventura is ridiculous,  especially when you consider the success of other SEAL autobiographies such as Lone Survivor. .. the success is more aptly attributable to them being writtem by SEALs after the limelight was cast onto them.

Ajd I dont think anyone thought that Kyle was a perfext human.... hell his career was to end lives.  Hr made no 2 bones about it in his book either,  he didnt pretend to be some kond of righteous humanitarian.  He was a cowboy plain and simple, who lived to servw his countey and save his fellow service men and women and to kill bad guys.

There is far to much blind hero worship on BOTH sides of this story. Everyone that likes Ventura calls Lyle a lying sack of shit and completely ignores Venturas blatant history of lying, bullshit, and controversy, and Kyles supporters do the exact same.

Theres a reason that the SEAL community excommunicated Ventura and its not because of a couple paragraphs about an anonymous guy in a book.

Im sure Kyle told his fair share of tall tales but the fact remains that his military history actually happened and is (for the most part) accpunted for. Also he had plenty of people in that bar that corroborated his story.

Venturas war stories literally never happened because he spent the majority of his time in the Phillipines and was never even a fcking SEAL like he always claimed,

However,  he also had his supporters in that bar and their story was tighter than the SEALs and thr jury made their decision fairly based on the evidence provided.

Do I think Ventura is being a bit hypocritical and completely childish going after them for this? Yes. I think hed have been bettwe of just laughing it off, saying it never happened and moved on. Ita not like this proved anything to anyone anyway, everyone that bekueved Kyle STILL believes Kyle amd everyone that believed Ventura still believes Ventura. All he did was to go to great lengths to 'clear his name', which wont even happen anyway. Now everyone thay didnt believe him in the 1st place thinks hes an even bigger asshole.

Thats just the reality of it. To think the general public are going to completely change thwir mind over something jist because a jury said 'well his version of evens was tighter than kyles' is ludicrous and to me just underlines that this wasnt really about 'clearing his name', but about going after someone who made him butthurt.

Ventra is a historical and proven liar and exaggerator, kyle has stories thaty cant be verified one way or the other,  BUT the majority of his stuff is legit military history.. both had their corroborators for their stories, venturas was just tighter.

Bottom line -
Impossible to say definitively one guy was lying and the other wasnt, but ventura wasted a bunch of time and money on a wild goose chase that did NOTHING for anyone but hurt everyone involved.

Lose/lose for them all. Hes not goinh to suddenly get his name back and hes not goinf to be welcomed back into the community with open arms either. He literally just fucked himself and everyone else put of pride.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2014, 10:58:12 AM »
Grammar is horrible in that post, I know. Posted from my cell.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »
Thats pretty ridiculous writing...  I dont lnow pf anyone who believed any of those things.

For one,  I dont know anyone who read that bool because of Ventura... im sute plenty of people did but the assertion tbat its success was due to ventura is ridiculous,  especially when you consider the success of other SEAL autobiographies such as Lone Survivor. .. the success is more aptly attributable to them being writtem by SEALs after the limelight was cast onto them.

Ajd I dont think anyone thought that Kyle was a perfext human.... hell his career was to end lives.  Hr made no 2 bones about it in his book either,  he didnt pretend to be some kond of righteous humanitarian.  He was a cowboy plain and simple, who lived to servw his countey and save his fellow service men and women and to kill bad guys.

There is far to much blind hero worship on BOTH sides of this story. Everyone that likes Ventura calls Lyle a lying sack of shit and completely ignores Venturas blatant history of lying, bullshit, and controversy, and Kyles supporters do the exact same.

Theres a reason that the SEAL community excommunicated Ventura and its not because of a couple paragraphs about an anonymous guy in a book.

Im sure Kyle told his fair share of tall tales but the fact remains that his military history actually happened and is (for the most part) accpunted for. Also he had plenty of people in that bar that corroborated his story.

Venturas war stories literally never happened because he spent the majority of his time in the Phillipines and was never even a fcking SEAL like he always claimed,

However,  he also had his supporters in that bar and their story was tighter than the SEALs and thr jury made their decision fairly based on the evidence provided.

Do I think Ventura is being a bit hypocritical and completely childish going after them for this? Yes. I think hed have been bettwe of just laughing it off, saying it never happened and moved on. Ita not like this proved anything to anyone anyway, everyone that bekueved Kyle STILL believes Kyle amd everyone that believed Ventura still believes Ventura. All he did was to go to great lengths to 'clear his name', which wont even happen anyway. Now everyone thay didnt believe him in the 1st place thinks hes an even bigger asshole.

Thats just the reality of it. To think the general public are going to completely change thwir mind over something jist because a jury said 'well his version of evens was tighter than kyles' is ludicrous and to me just underlines that this wasnt really about 'clearing his name', but about going after someone who made him butthurt.

Ventra is a historical and proven liar and exaggerator, kyle has stories thaty cant be verified one way or the other,  BUT the majority of his stuff is legit military history.. both had their corroborators for their stories, venturas was just tighter.

Bottom line -
Impossible to say definitively one guy was lying and the other wasnt, but ventura wasted a bunch of time and money on a wild goose chase that did NOTHING for anyone but hurt everyone involved.

Lose/lose for them all. Hes not goinh to suddenly get his name back and hes not goinf to be welcomed back into the community with open arms either. He literally just fucked himself and everyone else put of pride.
Proven Liar?  Can you please link me to where Jesse has been proven as a liar?  Also what has he lied about?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »
Proven Liar?  Can you please link me to where Jesse has been proven as a liar?  Also what has he lied about?

Jesse 9/11 truther show was a joke

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Im at work, ill dig up the vietnam SEAL vets that exposed Venturas SEAL war stories as a bunch of horseshit. He was never a SEAL, as was pointed out, he was UDT, and he had claimed a bunch of combat stories when he was younger than turned put to be BS as he was never a part of a SEAL team. UDT teams didnt see combat like SEAL teams... they were strictly underwater demolition, where the SEAL teams actually performed direct action combat ops.

Also, to be a SEAL, he would have had to go through a ton of extra training that he did not. Any UDT coyld volunteer and go through the extra training, but he didnt.

Several vets who actually WERE on the teams that ventura claimed to be a part of called his bluff. When called on it, he didnt answer directly... after a long while his political team said 'UDT and SEAL are used interchangeably in the modern military', which is a half truth and doesnt at all deal with his claims on being a vietnam SEAL who was on direct action ops.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »

Bottom line -

Well said.  Much more insightful than that article.  Don't worry about the grammar.  Only the resident Grammar Nazi will care about that.   :) 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »
Ok, it is pretty established that both Jesse and Kyles were/are liars.  No denying or arguing that.  The only purpose is whether or not the lie told by one was at the expense of the other.

I have actually read the book and in all honesty there is a mention of the (allegedly) altercation.  But Jesse is not mentioned in the book by name and the incident was mentioned in passing.  The book is primarily about Kyle's initiation into the SEAL ranks, his service overseas and (of course) the reason he is well known : for killing people.

Whether or not the publishing company or their rep or anyone else marketed this off Ventura's fame I don't know.  (Didn't follow it)  However, it appears that the lie told about Ventura is questionable and at the cost of his character.  The jury seemed to find that Jesse was defamed/damaged/whatever by the lie and sided accordingly.  Which of course means that Jesse will be / should be awarded damages.   It isn't a question of whether or not the widow is being attacked as it is estate of Kyles is liable for any damages unless the publishing company or person who parroted this allegation wants to pick up the tab.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »
Ok, it is pretty established that both Jesse and Kyles were/are liars.  No denying or arguing that.  The only purpose is whether or not the lie told by one was at the expense of the other.

I have actually read the book and in all honesty there is a mention of the (allegedly) altercation.  But Jesse is not mentioned in the book by name and the incident was mentioned in passing.  The book is primarily about Kyle's initiation into the SEAL ranks, his service overseas and (of course) the reason he is well known : for killing people.

Whether or not the publishing company or their rep or anyone else marketed this off Ventura's fame I don't know.  (Didn't follow it)  However, it appears that the lie told about Ventura is questionable and at the cost of his character.  The jury seemed to find that Jesse was defamed/damaged/whatever by the lie and sided accordingly.  Which of course means that Jesse will be / should be awarded damages.   It isn't a question of whether or not the widow is being attacked as it is estate of Kyles is liable for any damages unless the publishing company or person who parroted this allegation wants to pick up the tab.
???
What are you going by as "proof" that Jesse is a liar?  Just by you claiming that doesn`t make it true you know.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
???
What are you going by as "proof" that Jesse is a liar?  Just by you claiming that doesn`t make it true you know.

I am sure that being a politician Jesse has some told some untruths that are on record.  I am not going to look them up.  The very fact of being a politician means that they are going to lie about something.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
His whole CT series was nonsense

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »
I am sure that being a politician Jesse has some told some untruths that are on record.  I am not going to look them up.  The very fact of being a politician means that they are going to lie about something.
LOL

So in other words, you just made it up that he lied.  I kind of figured as much.