Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36316 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
So why are they doing it then, if it's so crystal clear to everyone?

Money would be my guess.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Money would be my guess.

But everyone's saying it's going sink them......
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

There's what they believe people will do and what people will actually do. Sometimes they are the same, sometimes they are not.

We shall see.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
So why are they doing it then, if it's so crystal clear to everyone?

I'm still getting an Xbox one :-)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
There's what they believe people will do and what people will actually do. Sometimes they are the same, sometimes they are not.

We shall see.

I think what will happen is that both the Xbone and PS4 will see growth in market share at Nintendo's expense.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I think what will happen is that both the Xbone and PS4 will see growth in market share at Nintendo's expense.

Anything is possible. I'm definitely going to get a Wii U just for Mario and shit.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
My Wii U is sitting in the corner all alone next my kinect.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
My Wii U is sitting in the corner all alone next my kinect.

You wanna sell it?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I'm like you.  I'm waiting for the exclusives.  I just thought they'd already be out at this point in the Wii's life cycle.

I knew what I was buying-so I'm not complaining just a little curious that Nintendo is taking so long in releasing their flagship titles.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Microsoft in conjunction with publishers are looking to move toward an all digital distribution model for games.  In this model everyone makes more money as a result of tighter control of products.  
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Microsoft in conjunction with publishers are looking to move toward an all digital distribution model for games.  In this model everyone makes more money as a result of tighter control of products. 

Anytime I can eliminate a private seller re-selling something when I'd rather have the ability to sell it new is a win for the publisher and console manufacturer.... If we can get rid of a gamestop and make them come to me for the drug, then it's better and more money goes to me and not someone else.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Anytime I can eliminate a private seller re-selling something when I'd rather have the ability to sell it new is a win for the publisher and console manufacturer.... If we can get rid of a gamestop and make them come to me for the drug, then it's better and more money goes to me and not someone else.

Exactly.  Now everyone is forced to spend sixty dollars if they want to play a new game.
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
Grape ape speaking a whole lot of sense in this thread.

I don't trade in my games either. I'm OCD like that. Doesn't change the fact that the practice they are salivating to enforce is disgusting as hell. People can re-sale cars. People can re-sale clothes. Make the argument that games don't change if they sell them used? I make the point you can re-sale movies/music without any of this bull crap. Just because it doesn't affect you, precious little you, all that matters you, doesn't mean there isn't a bigger picture going on. You are PERFRECTLY FINE giving away rights. What next? Look ahead man. Don't just look at the now.

I am looking at the bigger picture.  Yes, I'm fine giving away these "rights" and, if I had to guess, I'd say so are the majority of consumers.  I'm guessing most people who buy consoles games aren't part of the echo chamber that is internet gaming communities, and feel the same way.  I would be surprised if any of my friends, for example, who have 360s even knew about this stuff, with the exception of the one or two other "hardcore gamers" I know... and those two sure as hell don't care (they both have money).

In "the big picture" I see, a couple years down the line, these "rights" have evaporated, and no one cares.  They're too busy arguing about which console has the better exclusives, how much better XBL is than PS+, etc. etc.  Actually, given recent technology trends, the big question might be, "what do we really need these consoles for, anyway?"

And you mentioned "re-sale [of] movies/music"... really????  I'm pretty sure you can't resell your digital downloads, and who on earth re-sells (or, hell, even buys) disc-based music and movies these days? ???

If you actually have enough money to support your gaming habits, none of this stuff really means much to you.

And thank heaven for that... I'd much rather see the publishers and developers get more money so they can keep making fun games for me to play.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

And thank heaven for that... I'd much rather see the publishers and developers get more money so they can keep making fun games for me to play.

Trickle down game-onomics.  Your trolling is kind of funny.  I guess.

But that hasn't worked for the fans of the Madden franchise.  Once EA garnered exclusive NFL rights eliminating competition for the pro football franchise (thus creating a massive amount of money for the game publisher and developer) innovation within the genre halted.

Competition and innovation from 2K Sports has made EA fold a once great basketball franchise in NBA Live because their product simply couldn't measure up to NBA2K's series of BBall.  Had EA bought exclusive NBA rights, which it attempted, we would have been stuck w/ versions of NBA Live that were shelved because they were "that bad".  Thankfully NBA2K was available and gave consumers a choice.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

But that hasn't worked for the fans of the Madden franchise.  Once EA garnered exclusive NFL rights eliminating competition for the pro football franchise (thus creating a massive amount of money for the game publisher and developer) innovation within the genre halted.

Competition and innovation from 2K Sports has made EA fold a once great basketball franchise in NBA Live because their product simply couldn't measure up to NBA2K's series of BBall.  Had EA bought exclusive NBA rights, which it attempted, we would have been stuck w/ versions of NBA Live that were shelved because they were "that bad".  Thankfully NBA2K was available and gave consumers a choice.
NBA LIVE 14 is coming this year.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Doesn't look too promising either.

cephissus

• Getbig V

not even remotely related to the issue at hand?  ::)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
not even remotely related to the issue at hand?  ::)

Yeah, whatever.

Army of One

• Getbig V
I'll buy both when the first exclusives I want appear ( forza and uncharted most likely).Already have a games machine running as powerful as the ps4, the e3 watchdogs ps3 demo was actually running on a pc that is as powerful as the ps4 I.e any mid to high end pc out there ATM.Only thing that could sway me is if FIFA or nba 2k14 are noticeable better on the new consoles compared to 360 and ps3, which doesn't look to be the case.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
I think what will happen is that both the Wii U and PS4 will see growth in market share at Microsoft's expense.

Absolutely correct.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Doesn't look too promising either.
we shall see.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if EA pulls it off too.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I like buying used games because most games are absolute shit these days.  Why would I want to be stuck with pure trash.  I made that mistake with Far Cry 3 (it was on sale a bit, brand new) and what an utter piece of shit that game was.  Now I`m stuck with it, but at least I can sell it and recoup some money for it.  Otherwise, it was money down the toilet.

The bad games certainly outweigh the good games and its madness to suggest that one must pay full price EVERY TIME as Xbox One now demands.  Just horrible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I will buy GTA V brand new-pre order- as Rockstar deserves to be rewarded for their talent.  That is quality just like EA`s Battlefield 3 and 4.

bigmc

• Getbig V
ive noticed there are less and less demos on xbox live

like they know the quality isnt there

i used to play the demos for ten minutes then get bored with most games

they really need to think about the quality as well as the visuals
T