Author Topic: Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session  (Read 9780 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
Transparency?

Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session
Posted: 06/11/2013 

In a rare move, President Obama held an off-the-record with reporters on Monday.

Journalists from news outlets, including The Huffington Post, showed up expecting an off-the-record session with White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough, BuzzFeed reported. Obama's attendance at the meeting was unannounced.

The attendees and discussion were not reported, and BuzzFeed said reporters were "loathe to discuss" the meeting given its off-the-record nature.

Monday's meeting came as the Obama administration dealt with yet another controversy. The White House came under fire last week after the NSA's secret surveillance programs were leaked to the Guardian and the Washington Post. Those leaks came on the heels of revelations about the DOJ's secret investigations into the Associated Press and Fox News reporter James Rosen, as well as the IRS' targeting of conservative groups.

The session was Obama's latest attempt to "placate" reporters, BuzzFeed said. The White House press corps peppered press secretary Jay Carney with questions about Edward Snowden, who revealed himself as the NSA source, on Monday. Carney remained fairly tight-lipped, saying that he could not comment on an ongoing investigation.

Similarly, Obama met with White House reporters off-the-record in February, after they complained about lack of access to the president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/obama-reporters-off-record_n_3423513.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »
Bush did the same thing as I'm sure have other POTUS's

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

LOL - Bush is the barometer of what is acceptable now considering you clowns attacked him for 8 years?

I thought O-TWINK was for CHANGE?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »
Bush did it, Bush's fault....mating call of the libby.  ::)

there is no "fault"

it's not uncommon or something unique about Obama

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
Bwahahaha!  Hope and change people.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
Bwahahaha!  Hope and change people.   :)

yeah, because no POTUS's every have ANYTHING in common

fuck, I heard a rumor that Obama is living in the White House

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 12:48:09 PM »
yeah, because no POTUS's every have ANYTHING in common

fuck, I heard a rumor that Obama is living in the White House

correction - Obama is GRIFTING and PILFERING in the WH

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »

Was one of Bush's main campaigning points the necessity of having a transparent administration? In a few interviews, Obama claimed he had the most transparent administration.

You find a video or an article where Bush claimed he would CHANGE Washington by being transparent and you will have a point. Otherwise, bringing up Bush doesn't even help your argument.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »

Yep, standard mantra...Bush did it!  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
Was one of Bush's main campaigning points the necessity of having a transparent administration? In a few interviews, Obama claimed he had the most transparent administration.

You find a video or an article where Bush claimed he would CHANGE Washington by being transparent and you will have a point. Otherwise, bringing up Bush doesn't even help your argument.

I said Bush and OTHER POTUS's

do you think every single thing that Obama does is going to be open to full public view?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
LMFAO "bush did it"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
I said Bush and OTHER POTUS's

do you think every single thing that Obama does is going to be open to full public view?

straw do you feel that obama has lived up to his promise to be the most transparant admin ever?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »

I did a little test where I would watch Rachel Maddow until she mentioned George Bush and rarely did I ever get past 5 minutes into the program.

It's amazing the lengths liberals will go to make excuses for this buffoon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
 ::)

Obama to Discuss Syria and Data Collection – Finally
by Keith Koffler on June 17, 2013

President Obama will at last discuss Syria and the secret tracking of U.S. telephone records – big issues that both required Rose Garden appearances and quizzing from White House reporters but instead will get late-night treatment and the gentle questioning of Charlie Rose.

Obama will appear on Rose’s eponymous show, a low-profile approach since most people who have to work will miss it because it’s generally airs at 11 pm. Now, I understand that not many people in the Obama economy have jobs, but one would still think the president would opt for speaking about such important matters earlier in the day, when everyone – employed or not – could at least catch it on the early evening or prime time news shows.

Rose will provide Obama plenty of time to explain his decisions without subjecting him to the kind of intensive questioning the issues deserve, because while Charlie is a good interviewer, he’s a prober and not a griller.

Remarkably, Obama has only addressed the telephone and data mining scandals once, during a brief press conference nine days ago. And even more remarkably, he has not made any public statement at all about his decision to join militarily into the conflict in Syria by arming the rebels there.

But he did have time for a round of golf Saturday.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »
straw do you feel that obama has lived up to his promise to be the most transparant admin ever?

I recall him promise transparency but I don't specifically recall him saying he would be "the most transparent administration ever"

can you post that quote

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
I recall him promise transparency but I don't specifically recall him saying he would be "the most transparent administration ever"

can you post that quote

LMFAO!!!

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »
President Obama on Thursday hailed his administration for its transparency.
“This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283335-obama-this-is-the-most-transparent-administration-in-history#ixzz2WXPjCniv
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 04:57:45 AM »
Obama: "This Is The Most Transparent Administration In History"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/14/obama_this_is_the_most_transparent_administration_in_history.html

Is this the same administration that supplies certain department heads with 3rd party, secure emails so they can completely avoid having to honor FOIA requests?

That administration?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
The most transparent administration in American history at it again.  Stay tuned for your new liberal talking points. 

Obama Holds Off-The-Record Meeting with MSNBC Hosts, Fox News' Juan Williams
"I can tell you they are in full fight mode over the Affordable Healthcare Act right now."
11.21.2013   Truth Revolt

News’ Chief White House correspondent Ed Henry reported on Thursday that several leftist journalists received special invites to the West Wing today:

This is hardly the first time that the White House has invited certain journalists to hear the President’s point of view on current events. In October, Obama had an off-the-record meeting with The Washington Post’s Charles Krauthammer, the Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, National Review’s Washington editor Robert Costa, former CNN co-host Kathleen Parker, and Byron York of the Washington Examiner. In May, the White House had a “deep background” session on Benghazi with a special group of reporters. In September, Obama had another off-the-record meeting with journalists on Syria.

According to Juan Williams, who attended today’s off-the-record meet-up about Obamacare:

I met with other senior officials at the White House, I can tell you they are in full fight mode over the Affordable Healthcare Act right now. What you hear from these senior officials is they’re concerned about what happened with insurance companies; they wish the insurance companies hadn’t sent out the cancellation notices; and if they had, that they had simply call them renewals. They feel as if they had a major systems failure, a major management failure, and they’re trying to get back on track….There is frustration, that’s clear from everybody who I was talking to this morning at the White House.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-holds-record-meeting-msnbc-hosts-fox-news-juan-williams

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »

Obama is worse than Bush on this issue.

He's a 1000x worse than Bush on ANY issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »
actually, this admin IS the most transparent in history - not to the credit of obama, but rather to the credit of whistleblowers, wikileaks, and the prevalence of the internet.

obama's been just as secretive as the last guy... but it's a lot harder to keep secrets in 2013 than it was in 1993 or 2003.  The web has changed everything.  Obama promised transparency and didn't deliver it - but others have.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
LOL - Bush is the barometer of what is acceptable now considering you clowns attacked him for 8 years?

I thought O-TWINK was for CHANGE?

HEHEHEHEHE!!

This is what is hilarious about these dumb libtards. Do they even hear themselves speak or repeat to themselves what they are about to post?

Libtards presented Obama as the ANTI-BUSH. Why don't they understand that stating Bush did the same thing doesn't help their argument?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 10:59:57 AM »
Obama: "This Is The Most Transparent Administration In History"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/14/obama_this_is_the_most_transparent_administration_in_history.html
Oh, now you did it.

Obamatheclown: "we have kept that promise"