Author Topic: Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session  (Read 9804 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Obama Meets With Reporters In Off-Record Session
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »

Obama is worse than Bush on this issue.

Haha even whork agrees!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »
Straw owned beyond belief ;D

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
Does anybody else see it as a little concerning that a President and his admin feel the need to go "in full fight mode" against other citizens of his country who call him out on his lies? And who blames THEM for it all blowing up on him? It's not enough to blame Bush after 6 years and be at war with current Republicans, the Tea Party, etc. He's now blaming the media, the insurance companies he seduced, and even doctors. Has he officially declared civil war yet? Is he going to sick the IRS on all them too?
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »
Excerpt of interview with Jill Abramson of the NY Times:

Let me move on to another topic in the Obama administration. How would you grade this administration, compared to others, when it comes to its relationship with the media?

Well, I would slightly like to interpret the question as "How secretive is this White House?" which I think is the most important question. I would say it is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering, and that includes — I spent 22 years of my career in Washington and covered presidents from President Reagan on up through now, and I was Washington bureau chief of the Times during George W. Bush's first term.

I dealt directly with the Bush White House when they had concerns that stories we were about to run put the national security under threat. But, you know, they were not pursuing criminal leak investigations. The Obama administration has had seven criminal leak investigations. That is more than twice the number of any previous administration in our history. It's on a scale never seen before. This is the most secretive White House that, at least as a journalist, I have ever dealt with.

And do you think this comes directly from the president?

I would think that it would have to. I don't know that, but certainly enough attention has been focused on this issue that, if he departed from the policies of his government, I think we'd know that at this point.

So it makes it more difficult for The New York Times to do its job.

Absolutely.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/talk-to-al-jazeera/interviews-and-more/2014/1/21/jill-abramson-talkstojohnseigenthaler.html

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 05:52:57 PM »
He's a 1000x worse than Bush on ANY issue.

Get real. 

Thousands of dead US soldiers and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis would disagree with you if they could.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »
Get real. 

Thousands of dead US soldiers and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis would disagree with you if they could.

We have had thousands of dead soldiers since CHOOMbama has been prez.  F Him.  Hoping he gets a heart attack

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
We have had thousands of dead soldiers since CHOOMbama has been prez.  F Him.  Hoping he gets a heart attack

And somehow that means that Obama is 1000 times worse than Bush on the issue?  C'mon, that seems wacky.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
And somehow that means that Obama is 1000 times worse than Bush on the issue?  C'mon, that seems wacky.

To me there is little difference between the two policy wise.   But as a person - THUGbama is 10,000 worse

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

"As a person"?

All that matters is the policy a president gives us.  I'd rather have a total prick that serves the american people, than a "nice guy" that just lets his generals/advisers.

Some of the most successful/productive business & govt leaders are total Type A pricks that just get shit done.  Heck, the best QBs are the ones that will shove their receivers' faces in the dirt when they miss a route. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »
WH Press Corps Protests Blocked Access
by KEITH KOFFLER on JULY 22, 2014

The White House press corps today formally protested a White House decision to bar reporters from an event featuring President Obama and the surviving members of the Apollo 11 moon mission, a gathering that would have naturally lent itself to wide coverage.

Obama met with Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins to mark the 45th anniversary of the mission. Neil Armstrong died in 2012.

The protest was lodged by Major Garrett of CBS, who is an officer of the White House Correspondents’ Association.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the problem was that Obama “has a very busy schedule.”

Really? A busy schedule? This president?

ABC White House reporter Jonathan Karl smelled a rat.

“Couldn’t he have been maybe five minutes later for the fundraiser out in Seattle?” Karl wondered, referring to Obama’s trip out West today. “I find that explanation a little hard to believe.”

By which he meant it was a lot hard to believe. The press corps gets shoveled in and out of these events and it takes no more than a few minutes.

Earnest disingenuously threw in a jibe – right out of the Jay Carney playbook – about the press corps complaining it didn’t get enough time during such events, known as “pool sprays.” Karl responded that the complaints centered on getting “a couple of minutes” instead of a few seconds to see the president.

Karl posited another explanation:

“Is it because some of those Apollo astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, shortly before he  died, going to Congress – was very critical of this president for the way he has handled the space program?”

Earnest was appalled. “Absolutely not!” he said.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/07/22/wh-press-corps-protests-blocked-access/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
They all voted for him - no one to blame but themselves

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
the conservative posters on this board are too hard on Obama.  that's a fact.  if anyone disputes that you're an idiot.

but the liberal posters really need to take a step back and understand that you don't have to have your lips wrapped around the guys cock every fucking single god damn day.  I mean shit come up for some air once in a while.  you ARE allowed to disagree with someone you voted for.  its OK.  it doesn't make you a hypocrite or wrong for voting for him.  jeez.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »
I recall him promise transparency but I don't specifically recall him saying he would be "the most transparent administration ever"

can you post that quote

Seriously?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
Fox News Poll: Obama White House most transparent ever? Hardly!
By Dana Blanton
Published July 23, 2014
FoxNews.com

Earlier this month the Obama administration repeated its claim that it is the most transparent administration in history. Ever. Period.

Most voters disagree.

According to the latest Fox News national poll, more than two-thirds -- 68 percent -- say no, this White House is not the most open and transparent.

Click here for the poll results.

The new poll, released Wednesday, finds that just 28 percent of voters agree with the administration’s characterization that it’s good at sharing information.

Even Democrats have somewhat mixed views: 51 percent say Obama is the most transparent president, yet a sizable 44 percent minority sees it differently.

Almost all Republicans (93 percent) and a large majority of independents (77 percent) say this White House isn’t the most open and clear.

A Fox News Poll conducted in May 2014 found that while 27 percent of voters think the Obama presidency has been more transparent than previous ones, 34 percent think it has been less open and another 38 percent say it has been about the same as others.

Meanwhile, opinions split over whether Barack Obama is honest and trustworthy: while 48 percent of voters say yes, a record-high 50 percent say no.

In December, a record-low 45 percent said Obama was honest.

Most Democrats think Obama is honest (79 percent), while most Republicans (84 percent) and over half of independents (59 percent) disagree.

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,057 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from July 20-22, 2014. The full poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/fox-news-poll-obama-white-house-most-transparent-ever-hardly/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
the conservative posters on this board are too hard on Obama.  that's a fact.  if anyone disputes that you're an idiot.

but the liberal posters really need to take a step back and understand that you don't have to have your lips wrapped around the guys cock every fucking single god damn day.  I mean shit come up for some air once in a while.  you ARE allowed to disagree with someone you voted for.  its OK.  it doesn't make you a hypocrite or wrong for voting for him.  jeez.

Didnt whork just do what you are suggesting? He said Obama was worse then Bush on this Issue, that's called nuance, the ability to see grayscale, to systemize and understand context. The right wing nuts on this board think he has done nothing right, that he is a muslim etc etc. it's absurd, anyone on the left doesn't have a fucking chance to respond to all the fucking crazyness, copy and pasted article after article.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »
When is all this Hope and Change supposed to take place?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 01:13:18 PM »
Didnt whork just do what you are suggesting? He said Obama was worse then Bush on this Issue, that's called nuance, the ability to see grayscale, to systemize and understand context. The right wing nuts on this board think he has done nothing right, that he is a muslim etc etc. it's absurd, anyone on the left doesn't have a fucking chance to respond to all the fucking crazyness, copy and pasted article after article.

Name one thing Choombama has done we should applaud other than being a bi muslim doper commie?   :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
When is all this Hope and Change supposed to take place?

January 2017.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
January 2017.

so you really think Hilary will change things?  That's optimistic. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »
January 2017.

It's strange because back in '09 all you would hear about were hyping up of Obama's super awesome foreign policy, high tech energy plans and economy strategies, Hope and Change etc etc and nowadays it seems like all they want to talk about is George W. Bush.

WTH happened??  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 04:48:16 AM »
It's strange because back in '09 all you would hear about were hyping up of Obama's super awesome foreign policy, high tech energy plans and economy strategies, Hope and Change etc etc and nowadays it seems like all they want to talk about is George W. Bush.

WTH happened??  ???

Reality

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:05 AM »

WTH happened??  ???
I called it, during the campaign i said to my father (an avid Obama voter at the time)

"This guy is a fucking snake, all hes done is given buzz words and feel good campaign slogans.... and hes not given a single actual plan on how hes going to change anything. He talks in generalities, he speaks of ideals, but the man hsnt actually given anyone any hard, real olans or ideas to accomplish anything. Hes just telling you guys what you want to hear"

Of course dad launched into festival of republican/bush hate and another republican would destroy the country and hated the middle class, so i just said "Ok dad, see how well that works out for you."

Hes so disenchanted now that i dont even have to say anything.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2014, 06:52:44 AM »
I called it, during the campaign i said to my father (an avid Obama voter at the time)

"This guy is a fucking snake, all hes done is given buzz words and feel good campaign slogans.... and hes not given a single actual plan on how hes going to change anything. He talks in generalities, he speaks of ideals, but the man hsnt actually given anyone any hard, real olans or ideas to accomplish anything. Hes just telling you guys what you want to hear"

Of course dad launched into festival of republican/bush hate and another republican would destroy the country and hated the middle class, so i just said "Ok dad, see how well that works out for you."

Hes so disenchanted now that i dont even have to say anything.

Nothing drives the fact home more than a slow, methodical 6 year type of grind where the fact that their candidate was a horrible choice is reinforced on a daily basis.

But at least he is showing the emotion of disenchantment. Some of these guys would jump off a bridge for Obama it seems.

Reality

That is why you induce so many meltdowns on here. Some of these guys will write multi-paragraph essays to try to dance around the fact that Obama is a complete failure and you will make more of a statement in a single word.  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:30 AM »
so you really think Hilary will change things?  That's optimistic. 

I actually seen a minivan yesterday that had an "Obama - Biden" bumper sticker on one side and a "Hillary 2016 - Change you really can believe in" on the other.