Author Topic: Man arrested for cursing on a speeding ticket  (Read 4024 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Man arrested for cursing on a speeding ticket
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:13 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Man arrested for cursing on a speeding ticket
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »
Starting to develop into a first amendment case.
http://jalopnik.com/man-arrested-over-reply-to-speeding-ticket-fuck-your-513376890

This is not new, it's been like this for decades.  You start mouthing off to a cop and they can arrest you.
The first amendment or the right to free speech means the ability to speak against the government without fear of being arrested.  Nothing to do with mouthing off, threatning people or saying hateful things.  Sometimes people just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:13:45 AM »
This is not new, it's been like this for decades.  You start mouthing off to a cop and they can arrest you.
no he sent the payment in. Crossed the name of the city called Liberty, and called it "Tyranny" and then wrote, "f__k your town, bitches".

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
I think it's ok as long as officer behaved respectively.
No need to start running your mouth if you have truly broken the common rules and got 'reminded' for it.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
hahahahaha....what happened to free speech?.......kind of like that New York cop who stopped a lady for a citation and she was mouthing the officer and he told her that " I got a big dick , a very big dick" ....lol.....well, I immediately thought this cop must have looked like Flexington steele....lol...I was close

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »
hahahahaha....what happened to free speech?.......kind of like that New York cop who stopped a lady for a citation and she was mouthing the officer and he told her that " I got a big dick , a very big dick" ....lol.....well, I immediately thought this cop must have looked like Lexington steele....lol...I was close
fixed...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:26:29 AM »
Starting to develop into a first amendment case.
http://jalopnik.com/man-arrested-over-reply-to-speeding-ticket-fuck-your-513376890

;D

Hahaha, you find the best ones, buddy. I was in the City of Westminster, CO ::). Anyway, a cop came out of nowhere, stopped me and said, "In the City of West, our speed limit is 45 MPH, and you were going 57 MPH." Anyway, I wanted to tell him, "Fuck you and your City!" ;D Obviously, that would have meant jail time and I was trying to get the hell out of that State, so I held my peace. Hey Phil, I know you love Colorado, but it's a shit hole of a State.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:13 AM »
;D

Hahaha, you find the best ones, buddy. I was in the City of Westminster, CO ::). Anyway, a cop came out of nowhere, stopped me and said, "In the City of West, our speed limit is 45 MPH, and you were going 57 MPH." Anyway, I wanted to tell him, "Fuck you and your City!" ;D Obviously, that would have meant jail time and I was trying to get the hell out of that State, so I held my peace. Hey Phil, I know you love Colorado, but it's a shit hole of a State.
many times, it's just best to bite your tongue. And sometimes, it works out for the better.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
many times, it's just best to bite your tongue. And sometimes, it works out for the better.

that's too much authority for a fucking city cop...seriously....one of the craziest shit I've witnessed last winter in PG county was two cops who stopped a car at an intersection and there were 3 latino dudes (probably El Salvadorian) sitting on the pavement with handcuffs with T-shirts on them...temp was around 15 to 19 degrees...we're talking late January here......I know these dudes were freezing to death and the cops were in their cruisers filling out paperwork.....I knew they did that shit on purpose.....I could almost feel like it was black against latinos.....lol

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »

that's too much authority for a fucking city cop...seriously....one of the craziest shit I've witnessed last winter in PG county was two cops who stopped a car at an intersection and there were 3 latino dudes (probably El Salvadorian) sitting on the pavement with handcuffs with T-shirts on them...temp was around 15 to 19 degrees...we're talking late January here......I know these dudes were freezing to death and the cops were in their cruisers filling out paperwork.....I knew they did that shit on purpose.....I could almost feel like it was black against latinos.....lol
PG county and Montgomery Co is a bastion for people who may not be legal (Africans, Middle Easterners, Russians and Latinos). In PG and Montgomery Co, the largest would be El Salvadorians, with Guatamalans, and Hondurians rounding off. If you ever talk to them, they will tell you that PG county is a "good spot". They talk amongst themselves and tell each other where to go. PG has a lot of Nigerians, Liberians,Ghanians and Ivory Coast.

One of my beliefs, is that due to the corruption in PG County, that most officers, unless they have to, will not arrest, or pull over people of Latino descent for driving w/o a license, driving on suspended... There has to be something else going on. Why waste your time for the other stuff---if they don't speak English (which 9 out 10 times they say that they do not, in perfect English) you have to get an interpreter. Which means everything takes twice as long. And then there is a court date, which probably will get postponed due to needing an interpreter in court (they make over $100 per case).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »
This is not new, it's been like this for decades.  You start mouthing off to a cop and they can arrest you.
The first amendment or the right to free speech means the ability to speak against the government without fear of being arrested.  Nothing to do with mouthing off, threatning people or saying hateful things.  Sometimes people just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

You got this right!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »
Why did he write "TYRANNY?"  ::) ::)

He was speeding and got caught.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »

Nonsense. For example, giving a cop the finger is fully protected speech (as it should be) and not only can you not be arrested for that – it doesn't even give rise to reasonable and articulable suspicion to allow the cop to stop and/or detain you.

The first amendment or the right to free speech means the ability to speak against the government without fear of being arrested.

Even if your learned discourse on the First Amendment was right (sidenote: it is not) is a police officer not an instrument – and a rather blunt one at that – of the government? Wouldn't that mean the First Amendment protects you when you say things to the officer, who is acting under color of law and represents the authority of the state, since you are, therefore, directly criticizing the government?

Come on Professor. Share your legal wisdom with us...

Nothing to do with mouthing off, threatning people or saying hateful things.  Sometimes people just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Oh, boo hoo. We can't say hurtful things.

Have you ever read any of the seminal First Amendment jurisprudence cases? Or, hell, the First Amendment itself?

My guess is no. Or if you have, clearly you didn't quite understand.

I also find it amusing and oh so slightly ironic that in saying that one can't say hurtful things and can't mouth off, you end up resorting to mouthing off.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
Pigs with guns are the most dangerous animal in the world.
a

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »

He was speeding and got caught.
He's 22...and maybe he mistook the city of Liberty to be a German countryside with a de-restricted portion of the Autobahn running thru it.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
  Wise words Tommy

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »

He doesn't need a reason. He could have scratched out the city name and written "Hemorrhoidal rectum of the world" instead. It's his right to speak and insult or mock the village in question.

If you have to have a reason to speak, all of a sudden you will find that you are living in a very different world.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
Ok smart retard.  Go find a cop, walk up to him and give him the finger and tell him you just fucked his mother and he is a cunt

Tell us how that turns out for you.

Nonsense. For example, giving a cop the finger is fully protected speech (as it should be) and not only can you not be arrested for that – it doesn't even give rise to reasonable and articulable suspicion to allow the cop to stop and/or detain you.

Even if your learned discourse on the First Amendment was right (sidenote: it is not) is a police officer not an instrument – and a rather blunt one at that – of the government? Wouldn't that mean the First Amendment protects you when you say things to the officer, who is acting under color of law and represents the authority of the state, since you are, therefore, directly criticizing the government?

Come on Professor. Share your legal wisdom with us...

Oh, boo hoo. We can't say hurtful things.

Have you ever read any of the seminal First Amendment jurisprudence cases? Or, hell, the First Amendment itself?

My guess is no. Or if you have, clearly you didn't quite understand.

I also find it amusing and oh so slightly ironic that in saying that one can't say hurtful things and can't mouth off, you end up resorting to mouthing off.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »
Ok smart retard.  Go find a cop, walk up to him and give him the finger and tell him you just fucked his mother and he is a cunt

Tell us how that turns out for you.

Are you dumb or just stupid? What does the reaction of a cop to such behavior have to do with whether the behavior itself is legal or not?

The question is really simple: is it illegal for someone to tell a cop to fuck off? The answer is simple and unequivocal:no.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
quit yapping on here and go yap to a cop and tells us how it works.  Run along skippy. hurry.

Are you dumb or just stupid? What does the reaction of a cop to such behavior have to do with whether the behavior itself is legal or not?

The question is really simple: is it illegal for someone to tell a cop to fuck off? The answer is simple and unequivocal:no.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
quit yapping on here and go yap to a cop and tells us how it works.  Run along skippy. hurry.

So, you believe that the law is what a cop says it is or defined by what cops do? Fuck... what is it with kids these days?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
He doesn't need a reason. He could have scratched out the city name and written "Hemorrhoidal rectum of the world" instead. It's his right to speak and insult or mock the village in question.

If you have to have a reason to speak, all of a sudden you will find that you are living in a very different world.

You are absolutely right. He has every single right to write whatever he wants.

And guess what? I have every single right to say how stupid and dumb he is for writing that. I also have every single right to question why he wrote that. Freedom of expression does not work one way.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »

You are absolutely right. He has every single right to write whatever he wants.

And guess what? I have every single right to say how stupid and dumb he is for writing that. I also have every single right to question why he wrote that. Freedom of expression does not work one way.

Of course you do. Did I ever say otherwise?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
Of course you do. Did I ever say otherwise?

Nope, but when I asked why he wrote the word tyranny, I was not suggesting that he did not have the right to write it. In fact, I never implied it. I was just wondering why he wrote it. Wondering why he wrote it does not mean that I do not think he should be allowed to write it, but was curious of his motivation. You were confusing the two.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that having the right to free speech does not necessarily protect you from retaliation? If you tell someone to go fuck themselves (I mean to their face) they may flatten you if they are bigger then you are. Seems like the risk you take when you say such things. Although the police should be above responding to insults, they are human. If you treat them with respect, they are more likely to comply. This has been my experience. I am not saying I can always talk myself out of a ticket, but I have done so by just being honest and respectful to the police. Actually, I have never had a bad experience with the police even when I've received a citation.

Some of you seem to think one should be able to say whatever they please and others have no right to react to what they say. That position is completely unrealistic regardless of what the constitution suggests.

Write whatever shit you want on a ticket and I can guarantee you that the judge's discretion will not go as well for you as it might have had you kept your unwanted opinion to yourself....like it or not.