Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41088 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »
Avengers are complete crap.  Some dude with a bow and arrows and what was the name of Scarlett's worthless character again?  They lost me when Norton didn't play Banner.  Robert is always solid.

Yeah!! Norton's hulk zero carb...was the best.

All I'm reading here is MOS 1, Avengers 0

Perhaps you should read again. ;)

Btw:

"Sure we do"

Gracie Rules

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »
i always thought it was (unintentionally?) hilarious in "the avengers" when you see all of them in that group scene during the final battle and you see "black widow" holding some handgun!!!!!!!! that was beyond funny and silly! you had THOR, almost the equivalent of superman, ironman and his suit and powers and intelligence, hulk, a massive monster of strength and speed, captain america, the ultimate human in strength and agility with fighting abilities beyond measure, and then you have "black widow" with her handgun! talk about ridiculous! she looked so "4th string"bench warmer" (and is) compared to the other avengers! they should have least given her a big ole spear or have her in a fighting martial arts stance or something to make her look at least somewhat bad and up to par with the others taking on a alien warrior species instead of standing there with some lame little handgun!

hawkeye (jeremy renner's) character was just as low as black widow....

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
Yeah!! Norton's hulk zero carb...was the best.

Perhaps you should read again. ;)

Btw:

"Sure we do"

I can live with Bale blowing some green dust in MOS's face, but no fucking Lex!  If one person finds it, then the WHOLE planet will be mining for it.  A five year old will be able to down Superman.

BTW, Bale, Wayne Enterprise, will get Zod's armor, which MOS didn't recover.  Hence, the new and improve Bat suit with alien enhanced gimmicks to boot.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/features/man-of-steel-easter-eggs/p1

15 Man Of Steel Easter Eggs You May Have Missed

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
11 minute featurette Sounds on Man of Steel

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=360229107433451&set=vb.221774371201106&type=2&theater

I heard the old school wind sound and thought it was a bit corny.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
BTW, Bale, Wayne Enterprise, will get Zod's armor, which MOS didn't recover.  Hence, the new and improve Bat suit with alien enhanced gimmicks to boot.

Isn't Zods armor what STAR labs uses to create cyborg?  hence the ability to shoot lasers out of his eyes?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
ernestly how can grown men watch these movies, and worse, even pay to see them????

this is for 10 yr olds

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
There are no snippets after the credits... Warner Bros. (and more accurately, Christopher Nolan) don't like them.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »
ernestly how can grown men watch these movies, and worse, even pay to see them????

this is for 10 yr olds

Avengers was for 10 year olds.  Man of Steel is for grown folks.   

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »
Avengers was for 10 year olds.  Man of Steel is for grown folks.   
doubt it, it's about a comic book character that can fly and shoot lasers

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
doubt it, it's about a comic book character that can fly and shoot lasers

Just because it is using the written word as well as drawings (similar to the bible or early cave drawings) does not mean it is meant for a certain age-group.

Every age-group can benefit.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:14 PM »

this is for 10 yr olds

Why watch 99% of the movies that come out?  Other than biopics all movies are made up stories.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2013, 01:11:20 PM »
Why watch 99% of the movies that come out?  Other than biopics all movies are made up stories.
most movies are fucking shit

only good movies i saw were the classic "master pieces"

like them kubrick movies and mafia classics

but nothing of course beats the best movie of all time:

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
The Ultimate 'Man of Steel' Easter Eggs and References Guide, Part 1
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/man-of-steel-easter-eggs/12574

The Ultimate 'Man of Steel' Easter Eggs and References Guide, Part 2
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/ultimate-lsquoman-steelrsquo-easter-eggs-references-guide-part-2/12575

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2013, 10:16:32 PM »
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/man-of-steel-kypton/12559

'Man of Steel' and Everything You Need to Know About the Planet Krypton

Superman’s home planet Krypton is always different depending on the continuity, yet certain aspects always remain the same. For instance, Jor-El is always the “Cassandra” character who knows that the planet is going to explode while the Kryptonian Council refuses to believe his findings. Nearly everything else about it -- including the reason for its destruction -- changes constantly. There was a time when the planet was in the same orbit as Earth, but on the other side of our sun, so until we had space travel it was technically possible and we wouldn’t have known any better. In some versions, the planet’s star would explode, or something that happened 100,000 years earlier was finally destroying the planet. For Man of Steel, David S. Goyer came up with yet another unique reason.

The ancient history of the planet changes just as frequently with each continuity, at least when it’s mentioned at all. But usually it had a harsh terrain with big freaky-looking animals. In 1994, Dan Jurgens suggested that Doomsday, the beast that actually killed Superman, was a product of a scientific experiment performed on ancient Krypton. Its creator would send it out to the planet’s surface where it would be torn apart by the violent creatures that lived there, then collect the DNA to clone him over and over again until he adapted and was able to defeat them.

In contrast, the Krypton shown in the 1978 film (see above) with Christopher Reeve appeared to be icy and made partly of crystals that grew in specific ways from their technology. The film also suggested for the first time that Superman’s “S” symbol was a family crest, which changed its meaning entirely. Even the comics wouldn’t adapt to that until about a decade ago. Then again, that film made a number of changes to Superman’s history, and many of them stuck or were used in later versions, such as the town of Smallville being specifically in Kansas instead of an unnamed state in Middle America.

In Man of Steel there are several animals shown on Krypton, such as the elephant-sized Rondor beast and flying creatures called h’raka. Jerry Ordway drew the art for the prequel comic and had this to say:

"I can tell you that I drew the h'raka differently inside the comic, from a production painting, where they looked somewhat aquatic, crossed with a dragonfly. Then by the time I drew the cover image, I had been given different reference that showed the creature as more batlike, with a pitbull face. I was a bit mad that I hadn't had that reference for the earlier page, but esthetically the earlier design of the creature evoked a more classic science fiction vibe, which I liked. The question is, I guess, 'If you were riding one of these creatures, as Jor-El does, would you prefer a bat or a flying dolphin?'  I'd prefer the dolphin, as it is less threatening looking, and beautiful. A bat is just scary looking."

But the most interesting thing about Krypton was something subtle in the movie. Because it is larger and denser than Earth, it has a higher gravity, so even without the powers that our yellow sun can give to a Kryptonian, like flight or vision abilities, they are already stronger and faster. In an interview with screenwriter David S. Goyer on the set of the movie in August, 2011, he explained,

"It was always just, if this kind of really happened in the real world, even in terms of how his powers work, I mean, Zack and his team did a really interesting sort of scale of power, and they did a sort of how much fire power each of the... a 40 caliber bullet, a 50—you know, these kinds of things, like a shell grenade would work on a human versus a Kryptonian. Like, you’ll get the physics on all of that, so that like, an M-4 would knock a human back this far. An M-4 would knock a Kryptonian back this far. You know, the fire power from the A-10 Warthogs would knock a human back this far. It will knock a Kryptonian back this far. So, we sort of get all the physics on it, or Zack’s team did all the physics, so that it’s that attempt. So there are rules and science rules within this movie and this universe that things have to apply to, so it’s not just like, magically do whatever. The Kryptonians can jump yea high in our gravity kind of thing. They can punch this hard, lift this much, that sort of thing."

This goes back to the first page of Action Comics #1, which was Superman’s first appearance in 1938. Instead of flying, Superman could jump approximately one eighth of a mile, which is the equivalent of leaping a tall building in a single bound. In the book “The Physics of Superheroes” by James Kakalios, the author used real physics and compared how high and far a healthy human could jump on Earth to Superman’s leap. He concluded that Krypton’s mass would have to be roughly 15 times that of Earth just to have the right kind of gravity for the explanation given in the early comics. Similar rules exist in Man of Steel.

The society of Krypton also plays an important role. When the Superman comic book story was rebooted in 1986, writer John Byrne suggested that earlier Kryptonian society relied on clones that could be used for spare parts. By Jor-El’s time, the population rate was under specific control and the people tended to live for a very long time, so someone dying or having a child were rare events. Instead of having sex and the mother carrying the fetus for nine months, their DNA would be put together in a birthing matrix until the time came to open it. It was that “egg” that was sent to Earth, allowing the baby Kal-El to be literally born in Kansas. In an imaginary future, Superman was even elected president of the United States, which was only possible because he had been born in Kansas and not Krypton.

When Geoff Johns began heading up the comics writing team in 2008, he suggested a specific caste/guild system where certain Kryptonians were born to have specific jobs such as science, military, worker, government and so on. In the same interview with David S. Goyer, he explained,

"One of the things that we tried to do in this film was depict Krypton as a truly alien world and not something that was influenced by Flash Gordon or Alex Raymond but a truly alien world. One of the things that we decided early on with Krypton, we drilled down really deep all the various art departments in terms of figuring out the history. Some of this we pulled from comic books. Some of this, we had to fill in the gaps that didn’t exist. But, the gods, the religions, the Krypton, the different guilds and the caste systems, the language we created, a Kryptonian language. So, in all of the—when you see Krypton, there’s a lot of temples and things like that where there will be etchings in stone and all of the things that are rendered in the Kryptonian glyphs can actually be translated into things. So, we wrote each god as a sort of motto in saying each guild has a motto and saying and there’s some Easter eggs in there."

Man of Steel’s version of Krypton is not necessarily different from others, but I did notice a number of references in the scenes on the planet as well as much of the rest of the film. Be sure to come back to Movies.com on Monday for the list of all the Easter eggs and references I caught.

Krypton itself is and needs to be a very interesting and alien place, but I wouldn’t want to live there, especially when it’s about to explode.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/man-of-steel-kypton/12559

'Man of Steel' and Everything You Need to Know About the Planet Krypton

Superman’s home planet Krypton is always different depending on the continuity, yet certain aspects always remain the same. For instance, Jor-El is always the “Cassandra” character who knows that the planet is going to explode while the Kryptonian Council refuses to believe his findings. Nearly everything else about it -- including the reason for its destruction -- changes constantly. There was a time when the planet was in the same orbit as Earth, but on the other side of our sun, so until we had space travel it was technically possible and we wouldn’t have known any better. In some versions, the planet’s star would explode, or something that happened 100,000 years earlier was finally destroying the planet. For Man of Steel, David S. Goyer came up with yet another unique reason.

The ancient history of the planet changes just as frequently with each continuity, at least when it’s mentioned at all. But usually it had a harsh terrain with big freaky-looking animals. In 1994, Dan Jurgens suggested that Doomsday, the beast that actually killed Superman, was a product of a scientific experiment performed on ancient Krypton. Its creator would send it out to the planet’s surface where it would be torn apart by the violent creatures that lived there, then collect the DNA to clone him over and over again until he adapted and was able to defeat them.

In contrast, the Krypton shown in the 1978 film (see above) with Christopher Reeve appeared to be icy and made partly of crystals that grew in specific ways from their technology. The film also suggested for the first time that Superman’s “S” symbol was a family crest, which changed its meaning entirely. Even the comics wouldn’t adapt to that until about a decade ago. Then again, that film made a number of changes to Superman’s history, and many of them stuck or were used in later versions, such as the town of Smallville being specifically in Kansas instead of an unnamed state in Middle America.

In Man of Steel there are several animals shown on Krypton, such as the elephant-sized Rondor beast and flying creatures called h’raka. Jerry Ordway drew the art for the prequel comic and had this to say:

"I can tell you that I drew the h'raka differently inside the comic, from a production painting, where they looked somewhat aquatic, crossed with a dragonfly. Then by the time I drew the cover image, I had been given different reference that showed the creature as more batlike, with a pitbull face. I was a bit mad that I hadn't had that reference for the earlier page, but esthetically the earlier design of the creature evoked a more classic science fiction vibe, which I liked. The question is, I guess, 'If you were riding one of these creatures, as Jor-El does, would you prefer a bat or a flying dolphin?'  I'd prefer the dolphin, as it is less threatening looking, and beautiful. A bat is just scary looking."

But the most interesting thing about Krypton was something subtle in the movie. Because it is larger and denser than Earth, it has a higher gravity, so even without the powers that our yellow sun can give to a Kryptonian, like flight or vision abilities, they are already stronger and faster. In an interview with screenwriter David S. Goyer on the set of the movie in August, 2011, he explained,

"It was always just, if this kind of really happened in the real world, even in terms of how his powers work, I mean, Zack and his team did a really interesting sort of scale of power, and they did a sort of how much fire power each of the... a 40 caliber bullet, a 50—you know, these kinds of things, like a shell grenade would work on a human versus a Kryptonian. Like, you’ll get the physics on all of that, so that like, an M-4 would knock a human back this far. An M-4 would knock a Kryptonian back this far. You know, the fire power from the A-10 Warthogs would knock a human back this far. It will knock a Kryptonian back this far. So, we sort of get all the physics on it, or Zack’s team did all the physics, so that it’s that attempt. So there are rules and science rules within this movie and this universe that things have to apply to, so it’s not just like, magically do whatever. The Kryptonians can jump yea high in our gravity kind of thing. They can punch this hard, lift this much, that sort of thing."

This goes back to the first page of Action Comics #1, which was Superman’s first appearance in 1938. Instead of flying, Superman could jump approximately one eighth of a mile, which is the equivalent of leaping a tall building in a single bound. In the book “The Physics of Superheroes” by James Kakalios, the author used real physics and compared how high and far a healthy human could jump on Earth to Superman’s leap. He concluded that Krypton’s mass would have to be roughly 15 times that of Earth just to have the right kind of gravity for the explanation given in the early comics. Similar rules exist in Man of Steel.

The society of Krypton also plays an important role. When the Superman comic book story was rebooted in 1986, writer John Byrne suggested that earlier Kryptonian society relied on clones that could be used for spare parts. By Jor-El’s time, the population rate was under specific control and the people tended to live for a very long time, so someone dying or having a child were rare events. Instead of having sex and the mother carrying the fetus for nine months, their DNA would be put together in a birthing matrix until the time came to open it. It was that “egg” that was sent to Earth, allowing the baby Kal-El to be literally born in Kansas. In an imaginary future, Superman was even elected president of the United States, which was only possible because he had been born in Kansas and not Krypton.

When Geoff Johns began heading up the comics writing team in 2008, he suggested a specific caste/guild system where certain Kryptonians were born to have specific jobs such as science, military, worker, government and so on. In the same interview with David S. Goyer, he explained,

"One of the things that we tried to do in this film was depict Krypton as a truly alien world and not something that was influenced by Flash Gordon or Alex Raymond but a truly alien world. One of the things that we decided early on with Krypton, we drilled down really deep all the various art departments in terms of figuring out the history. Some of this we pulled from comic books. Some of this, we had to fill in the gaps that didn’t exist. But, the gods, the religions, the Krypton, the different guilds and the caste systems, the language we created, a Kryptonian language. So, in all of the—when you see Krypton, there’s a lot of temples and things like that where there will be etchings in stone and all of the things that are rendered in the Kryptonian glyphs can actually be translated into things. So, we wrote each god as a sort of motto in saying each guild has a motto and saying and there’s some Easter eggs in there."

Man of Steel’s version of Krypton is not necessarily different from others, but I did notice a number of references in the scenes on the planet as well as much of the rest of the film. Be sure to come back to Movies.com on Monday for the list of all the Easter eggs and references I caught.

Krypton itself is and needs to be a very interesting and alien place, but I wouldn’t want to live there, especially when it’s about to explode.

Good read...thanks!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=81693

Will A MAN OF STEEL Sequel Hit As Early As...Next Year?!

In a piece on the recent box office success of Man of Steel, The Wall Street Journal has seemingly revealed that the sequel is being planned for release as early as NEXT YEAR. "Warner is already in development on a sequel to "Man of Steel" and is expected to fast track that for release as soon as 2014, said knowledgeable people close to the studio. In addition, it has long been developing a "Justice League" team-up movie featuring characters such as the Flash and Wonder Woman that could come out as soon as 2015." While this may seem unlikely, it's not exactly unheard of. Fast & Furious 6 came out this year and the seventh instalment of that franchise will be released in a little over a year from now. However, they would need to start work on the movie almost immediately to make this a reality, and Henry Cavill's next project is supposed to be The Man From U.N.C.L.E.. Whether this is a mistake or just a sign that the studio are anxious to establish a new franchise as quickly as possible remains to be seen. We should however find out one way or the other at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
Glad she didn't give up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=81986

Antje Traue Was On The Verge Of Quitting Acting Before Landing Faora-Ul Role

"Man of Steel's" Antje Traue gave herself a deadline, she would either 'make it' as an actress by age 30 or leave the profession. Lucky for her, she landed the role of Faora-Ul in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot at age 29. Her performance as the genetically-engineered Kryptonian killing machine is drawing universal praise and has more than a few lips voicing a strong desire to see her character return in a "Man of Steel" sequel. In describing her preparation for the role, Traue admits to being a bit of a method actor and to that end she abstained from overly fraternizing with her co-stars to make her performance seem more cold and alien.

Looking back to an earlier point in her life, Traue says she wasn't going to make it as an actress in Germany. "They said, ‘You’re not famous enough for the lead roles, and you’re too present for the supporting roles — you’d overpower the lead," said the 'Tigress of Zod'. To that end, she sought fame elsewhere and landed the role in her very first audition for an English-language film, a lead role in 2009's Pandorum. But that initial luck was atypical, as Traue then lost out on unspecified roles in "The Hobbit", "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" and a few other films. Things had digressed to a point where Traue was working at a restaurant when the call for "Man of Steel" auditions came in. The actress was hesitant at first, fearful of another rejection. She admitted, "I was at a point where I didn’t want to do it. I was exhausted from so many rejections, and I thought, ‘How many other girls are going to go for this?’ Maybe I was aiming too high."

But as her 30th birthday loomed, Traue decided to throw one last 'all or nothing' toss of the dice. It worked, "And then everything started coming in," the actress exclaimed.

Traue can next bee seen as one of the leads in another "Warner Bros." joint venture with "Legendary Pictures", "Seventh Son".

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
Very good for Antje!

Hope to see her in more (if not all) upcoming movies hereon

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Just saw it in IMAX 3D today, fucking loved it, this is how a superman movie should be.  Those fight scenes were epic!!!  And I love how they animated the lasers coming out of his eyes!!!!

And Lois lane in this version was actually likeable, I hated Lois lane in the original Christopher reeves movies!!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Saw it.

I don't get what the big appeal is. It was ok but really not worth all the hooplah

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2013, 08:41:45 PM »
MOS saw MOS 11 hours ago......loved every second of it!!!!  The vast majority of folks that dislike this film like nothing about Superman and I care nothing about their reviews.   They didn't grow up with the Donner films, they don't read the books, collect the toys, collect the merch, etc......for most this is a summer popcorn movie with splosions and a dude in a Superman costume.  The character means nothing to them.  

For me, my first movies in theaters were Star Wars and Superman the Movie.  I loved Superman the Movie and it's been my favorite movie my entire life.  I collected and played with every scrap of Supes stuff I could get my hands on.  Love the comic books....have a crates of books in my garage.  I used to draw Superman and write my own Superman stories.  Every Sunday I would take my parents' newspaper, take out the funnypaper/comics, go write to Superman, read it and then cut out the image of Superman and fly it around my house. Dressed up repeatedly as Supes for Halloween.  I owned all the old Superman cartoons and vhs and now dvd.  Faithfully watch Lois and Clark.  Faithfully watch Smallville until they basically took Superman out of the show LOL.  I can quote every line of Superman the Movie, Superman II and Superman III and Superman IV (saw this for my 12th birthday in theaters with friends).  I loved Superman Returns even though everyone else hated it LOL.  I still collect Superman action figures to this day....bought one this morning before I saw MOS LOL.  I love the character of Superman and have my entire life.  In short, I am a fan of Superman; hence my Getbig handle "Man of Steel".  For me MOS was glorious and wonderful....everything I ever wanted to see Supes do on the screen.....just loved this movie.  

That said, for those reviewers who are pretty much like, "Eh, MOS was a Superman movie and it was just 'meh' for me.....I don't really like Superman anyways."  Those reviews are my current toilet paper LOL.

I too really enjoyed Superman Returns, actually dragged my wife to the movies with me to watch it on our honeymoon Lol.

But this last one. WOWWWWW this was just in a league of its own.  As I said in my past posts,  This is what a Superman movie is supposed to be like!!!!