Author Topic: Minorities in this country have no reason to not flourish...  (Read 6825 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
And if they don't, it is because they are lazy or no one has told them what I am about to post.  I hope that some of you guys take some of this info, and better yourselves.  I am only posting this after reading this post in another thread:

I guess everyone will then be able to have jobs and support themselves since everyone will then have access to equal opportunity and there will be no more discrimination or racism

but I kid, I kid. :)

Andre, not an attack on you, as I am sure you were joking, but it seems to be the thought of at least a few minorities.  Well, here it goes.

As a minority in this country, or someone who is deemed as a disadvantaged person(basically anyone who isn't a white male) you are eligible for certain programs through the governments programs to be put at the top of the list for when they are advertising construction projects, or procuring any services in general, i.e. janitorial services, painting, buying widgets or whatever.  For instance, there is a program called disadvantaged business enterprise, or DBE, that allows for certain percentages of DOT projects across the US to have a minority goal of subcontractors, usually around 12%, and if the contractor who is bidding the project, even if his/her number is low, their bid is thrown out for not meeting the standard. It is very easy to do, you just have to apply in each state, and every state has the program.  You will literally be guaranteed work.  I have subcontracted on projects before, where the DBE number on a certain scope of work was higher than mine, and it was still given to them because they were trying to meet the goal.  Average size of my contracts are about $300,000 so you see where there can be a lot of waste on these contractors, especially if they are not capable of doing the work, which in some cases does happen because of the goals being so high, they get the contractors to take on more than they are capable of to meet the requirement.  But, can you blame the guys, someone tries to give you a ,million dollar contract, what are you going to say, no?  There are also programs working for the federal government, like 8(a), disabled veteran that are a bit harder to get, but you are guaranteed years worth of work, and get this, most of it is negotiated where you are guaranteed at least 20% margins.  Also, the more minority you are, the farther up the chain you go.  Say for instance, the holy grail is a native American female disabled veteran.  You are going to get people trying to find you just so they can give you money.  The Inuits in Alaska have a company under the umbrella corp. of Tikigaq which is given so much work it's not funny.

So, basically, someone like Wiggs, who is a black man, who served in the armed forces I believe ( if you can prove you were somewhat disabled, like a bit of hearing loss, hurt yourself in jump school) you can start a construction company and literally make yourself some serious coin.  I'm just trying to do my part, to try and help people with a little knowledge that they may have not otherwise known.  You can thank me later.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Minorities in this country have no reason to not flourish...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 07:30:16 AM »
This is bunch of shit.  I assembled a bid package after Katrina for a friend with prime contractors like Shaw Group, etc., who were suppose to redistributed over $380M in subcontracts.  It never happen.  Of course, they will drop a crumb to 1 or 2 dildos.  And the govt doesn't track how the prime contractor redistribute the funds.  If they did, Hildebrand would have been out of business, and Dick Cheney would be in jail rotting.  

Don't post this shit unless you have actually gone through the process as a minority. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:32:13 AM »
Is it still a capital offence for a black man to walk in public if deemed suspicious by a local racist?
V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »
This is bunch of shit.  I assembled a bid package after Katrina for a friend with prime contractors like Shaw Group, etc., who were suppose to redistributed over $380M in subcontracts.  It never happen.  Of course, they will drop a crumb to 1 or 2 dildos.  And the govt doesn't track how the prime contractor redistribute the funds.  If they did, Hildebrand would have been out of business, and Dick Cheney would be in jail rotting.  

Shaw sucks, I have subbed from them, and am doing another one now.  They actually tried to straight up funnel me some work through an intermediary one time without the other company doing anything, but stepping on my $160k and "managing" it.  They're too big.  You need to get into DOT work then, because there is no way around it.  Either that, or you are in the wrong line of business, because I can guarantee you that the work will flow your way.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
I don't know about Murica, but in Canada, most immigrants work hard for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, you get the free loaders, but the majority of people hold down a full-time job till they retire.

I think Chinese(high percentage), Philippino(high percentage), and some Indians/tamil/paki(about 50%) are a much better immigrant option if you want people to actually work.

Latins, and blacks are just a burden on society to a large extent. Our Native Aboriginal population is dwindling in numbers, and they commit lots of violent crimes as well.

Managers are for the most part of white European decent. Even though most companies abide by "equal opportunity employer" anti-discrimination laws, that doesn't apply to managers and people who are not doing dirty medial tasks.

Unlike America, the Canadian government is now cracking down on immigration and abuse of our social welfare system. I hope this works in the favour of Canada.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:46:03 AM »
Shaw sucks, I have subbed from them, and am doing another one now.  They actually tried to straight up funnel me some work through an intermediary one time without the other company doing anything, but stepping on my $160k and "managing" it.  They're too big.  You need to get into DOT work then, because there is no way around it.  Either that, or you are in the wrong line of business, because I can guarantee you that the work will flow your way.

I work clinical so there is nothing for me, but I have a girlfriend, who got the run around during Katrina.  Could you shoot me some info via PM?  I did the process for her back in 2006-07, so I'm blink at the moment on the process.  But she does ok without subbing for prime contractors.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »

Don't post this shit unless you have actually gone through the process as a minority. 
Don't like the truth in what you read, attack!!

I work clinical so there is nothing for me, but I have a girlfriend, who got the run around during Katrina.  Could you shoot me some info via PM?  I did the process for her back in 2006-07, so I'm blink at the moment on the process.  But she does ok without subbing for prime contractors.
What? I can use you for info? Be my buddy.

::) ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »
Don't like the truth in what you read, attack!!
What? I can use you for info? Be my buddy.

::) ::)

Please go and get mauled by a bear in the California mountains.  You will do the legal system and tax payers a favor.

BTW brute, he isn't sending me any information.  Why would he give away his meal ticket to a stranger?  ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
  Why would he give away his meal ticket to a stranger?  ::)
Exactly. About time you started earning your own way instead of looking for a handout.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »
Exactly. About time you started earning your own way instead of looking for a handout.

I hope you pull your back flipping tires, caveman.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 09:27:35 AM »
I hope you pull your back flipping tires, caveman.
:-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
And if they don't, it is because they are lazy or no one has told them what I am about to post.  I hope that some of you guys take some of this info, and better yourselves.  I am only posting this after reading this post in another thread:

Andre, not an attack on you, as I am sure you were joking, but it seems to be the thought of at least a few minorities.  Well, here it goes.

As a minority in this country, or someone who is deemed as a disadvantaged person(basically anyone who isn't a white male) you are eligible for certain programs through the governments programs to be put at the top of the list for when they are advertising construction projects, or procuring any services in general, i.e. janitorial services, painting, buying widgets or whatever.  For instance, there is a program called disadvantaged business enterprise, or DBE, that allows for certain percentages of DOT projects across the US to have a minority goal of subcontractors, usually around 12%, and if the contractor who is bidding the project, even if his/her number is low, their bid is thrown out for not meeting the standard. It is very easy to do, you just have to apply in each state, and every state has the program.  You will literally be guaranteed work.  I have subcontracted on projects before, where the DBE number on a certain scope of work was higher than mine, and it was still given to them because they were trying to meet the goal.  Average size of my contracts are about $300,000 so you see where there can be a lot of waste on these contractors, especially if they are not capable of doing the work, which in some cases does happen because of the goals being so high, they get the contractors to take on more than they are capable of to meet the requirement.  But, can you blame the guys, someone tries to give you a ,million dollar contract, what are you going to say, no?  There are also programs working for the federal government, like 8(a), disabled veteran that are a bit harder to get, but you are guaranteed years worth of work, and get this, most of it is negotiated where you are guaranteed at least 20% margins.  Also, the more minority you are, the farther up the chain you go.  Say for instance, the holy grail is a native American female disabled veteran.  You are going to get people trying to find you just so they can give you money.  The Inuits in Alaska have a company under the umbrella corp. of Tikigaq which is given so much work it's not funny.

So, basically, someone like Wiggs, who is a black man, who served in the armed forces I believe ( if you can prove you were somewhat disabled, like a bit of hearing loss, hurt yourself in jump school) you can start a construction company and literally make yourself some serious coin.  I'm just trying to do my part, to try and help people with a little knowledge that they may have not otherwise known.  You can thank me later.

Andre uses that argument all the time.  Absolutely everything black people have (besides the Earth itself) was given to them (blacks) by people of other races.

Instead of black history month, we should have white appreciation month where black people learn to appreciate our white forefathers for the modern world they single-handedly created. 

Andre could learn to appreciate the fact that white people don't owe him anything, and he's very fortunate that whites our so generous.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »

Do you have any evidence that race is a factor?    Sounds like good old fashion corruption to me.   From my experience, minorities have extreme paranoia when it comes to how other races treat them.  This is particularly strange when people from your generation have it.  I assume it is a learned thing.  It's also a easy and expedient way to explain failing.

Truth is, you would help people of your own race before you would help anyone else.  Why do you find it so offensive when someone else does it. Id bet my last dollar that if you had to choose between a minority(excluding Asian) or a white person, even if the black person had lesser experience or skill, you would choose the minority out of some misplaced sense of loyalty and/or obligation.

A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
"Flourish", as in "the red bellied Pirahna flourishes in these waters."
Or, "Kudzu, which is a now a menace, flourishes in these climates."

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
I don't know about Murica, but in Canada, most immigrants work hard for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, you get the free loaders, but the majority of people hold down a full-time job till they retire.

I think Chinese(high percentage), Philippino(high percentage), and some Indians/tamil/paki(about 50%) are a much better immigrant option if you want people to actually work.

Latins, and blacks are just a burden on society to a large extent. Our Native Aboriginal population is dwindling in numbers, and they commit lots of violent crimes as well.

Managers are for the most part of white European decent. Even though most companies abide by "equal opportunity employer" anti-discrimination laws, that doesn't apply to managers and people who are not doing dirty medial tasks.

Unlike America, the Canadian government is now cracking down on immigration and abuse of our social welfare system. I hope this works in the favour of Canada.

Almost identical story in Australia too, every day boat load of "refuges" arrive from Sri Lanka .

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

so colombians in canada are leaching off the government

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 03:35:27 PM »
If a 'minority' can do a better job, produce a better product, or complete a job less expensively than they deserve that job and I am 110% supportive.  I worked for a contracting company in a federal contract, black guy owned the company and he and his staff did a fantastic job and I absolutely enjoyed working with them...but everyone knew no white male owned contractors would ever win the bid for the government contract, people even joked about it...just the way things worked in the federal system.  I appreciate the noble intent of affirmative action because of the history of disgusting racism but we have to abolish it now.  Whites will be the minority in the 2030s and tons of people are mixed race.  So, potentially, anyone who is 25% 'minority' will be given opportunities that were designed for disadvantaged minorities of the past...but these fractional minorities don't deserve any assistance.  Point is its time in 2013 to stop treating people differently based on race, its much more complicated now.  

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »
Very true.

Minorities get so many handouts now a days it's scary.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »
Very true.

People get so many handouts now a days it's scary.

fixed...and that's why they are not flourishing..no incentive to do better. Do you know how many people get SSI disability and have virtually no disability? Tons! Get a check for $700 and nothing but smoke weed and play video games all day...or play golf all day. The government is fostering a culture, an attitude of dependency, of enabling, of entitlement thru-out all classes of people.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
so colombians in canada are leaching off the government

You let in enough latins, and you'll get the same shit that's happening in America.

Remember, Canada has a points system so it doesn't let in retards. They prefer educated middle class families with savings, with preferably an established profession.

The population of Latins in Canada is next to nill, so obviously your point is moot.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
And if they don't, it is because they are lazy or no one has told them what I am about to post.  I hope that some of you guys take some of this info, and better yourselves.  I am only posting this after reading this post in another thread:

Andre, not an attack on you, as I am sure you were joking, but it seems to be the thought of at least a few minorities.  Well, here it goes.

As a minority in this country, or someone who is deemed as a disadvantaged person(basically anyone who isn't a white male) you are eligible for certain programs through the governments programs to be put at the top of the list for when they are advertising construction projects, or procuring any services in general, i.e. janitorial services, painting, buying widgets or whatever.  For instance, there is a program called disadvantaged business enterprise, or DBE, that allows for certain percentages of DOT projects across the US to have a minority goal of subcontractors, usually around 12%, and if the contractor who is bidding the project, even if his/her number is low, their bid is thrown out for not meeting the standard. It is very easy to do, you just have to apply in each state, and every state has the program.  You will literally be guaranteed work.  I have subcontracted on projects before, where the DBE number on a certain scope of work was higher than mine, and it was still given to them because they were trying to meet the goal.  Average size of my contracts are about $300,000 so you see where there can be a lot of waste on these contractors, especially if they are not capable of doing the work, which in some cases does happen because of the goals being so high, they get the contractors to take on more than they are capable of to meet the requirement.  But, can you blame the guys, someone tries to give you a ,million dollar contract, what are you going to say, no?  There are also programs working for the federal government, like 8(a), disabled veteran that are a bit harder to get, but you are guaranteed years worth of work, and get this, most of it is negotiated where you are guaranteed at least 20% margins.  Also, the more minority you are, the farther up the chain you go.  Say for instance, the holy grail is a native American female disabled veteran.  You are going to get people trying to find you just so they can give you money.  The Inuits in Alaska have a company under the umbrella corp. of Tikigaq which is given so much work it's not funny.

So, basically, someone like Wiggs, who is a black man, who served in the armed forces I believe ( if you can prove you were somewhat disabled, like a bit of hearing loss, hurt yourself in jump school) you can start a construction company and literally make yourself some serious coin.  I'm just trying to do my part, to try and help people with a little knowledge that they may have not otherwise known.  You can thank me later.

You are speaking the truth. I work(ed) in contracting and engineering; so I know firsthand that, when government (city, county, state, or federal) is looking for work to be done, those on the government side MUST look at disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs) FIRST.

That means: Black-owned businesses, women-owned businesses, small businesses, veteran-owned businesses, businesses that use heavy disabled-folk labor, HBCUs.....and I wouldn't be surprised if gays and lesbians have been tacked onto that list.

The only way out of that is if you can pull off a sob story, known as a "Sole Source Jusitification", and have the right folk to sell the pitch to a government board.

Otherwise, if you're a black-Latino, half-blind, crippled, lesbian midget who owns a business, you get first crack at government projects....BY LAW. And the contractors have to do the same thing for the subcontractors they want to employ. It's almost to the point where we'll have signs that says Able-bodies heterosexual white dudes with big businesses need not apply!

Well, this gentleman seems to have an interesting view on this subject (Warning: this guy is as un-PC as it gets; language is RAW and real....but funny)!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
And if they don't, it is because they are lazy or no one has told them what I am about to post.  I hope that some of you guys take some of this info, and better yourselves.  I am only posting this after reading this post in another thread:

Andre, not an attack on you, as I am sure you were joking, but it seems to be the thought of at least a few minorities.  Well, here it goes.

As a minority in this country, or someone who is deemed as a disadvantaged person(basically anyone who isn't a white male) you are eligible for certain programs through the governments programs to be put at the top of the list for when they are advertising construction projects, or procuring any services in general, i.e. janitorial services, painting, buying widgets or whatever.  For instance, there is a program called disadvantaged business enterprise, or DBE, that allows for certain percentages of DOT projects across the US to have a minority goal of subcontractors, usually around 12%, and if the contractor who is bidding the project, even if his/her number is low, their bid is thrown out for not meeting the standard. It is very easy to do, you just have to apply in each state, and every state has the program.  You will literally be guaranteed work.  I have subcontracted on projects before, where the DBE number on a certain scope of work was higher than mine, and it was still given to them because they were trying to meet the goal.  Average size of my contracts are about $300,000 so you see where there can be a lot of waste on these contractors, especially if they are not capable of doing the work, which in some cases does happen because of the goals being so high, they get the contractors to take on more than they are capable of to meet the requirement.  But, can you blame the guys, someone tries to give you a ,million dollar contract, what are you going to say, no?  There are also programs working for the federal government, like 8(a), disabled veteran that are a bit harder to get, but you are guaranteed years worth of work, and get this, most of it is negotiated where you are guaranteed at least 20% margins.  Also, the more minority you are, the farther up the chain you go.  Say for instance, the holy grail is a native American female disabled veteran.  You are going to get people trying to find you just so they can give you money.  The Inuits in Alaska have a company under the umbrella corp. of Tikigaq which is given so much work it's not funny.

So, basically, someone like Wiggs, who is a black man, who served in the armed forces I believe ( if you can prove you were somewhat disabled, like a bit of hearing loss, hurt yourself in jump school) you can start a construction company and literally make yourself some serious coin.  I'm just trying to do my part, to try and help people with a little knowledge that they may have not otherwise known.  You can thank me later.

LOL...What is is this? So Because I'm black and a vet (btw, I am "disabled" vet, have the card and everything), I also have a bachelor's degree. So with al those things plus the 10 years of being in the Air Force I can start my own company and get to the top or near the top because of black, vet, and disabled part?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »
LOL...What is is this? So Because I'm black and a vet (btw, I am "disabled" vet, have the card and everything), I also have a bachelor's degree. So with al those things plus the 10 years of being in the Air Force I can start my own company and get to the top or near the top because of black, vet, and disabled part?

Not quite! You get a definite look, if you're looking to work on a government project. Think of it as the Rooney Rule in football, applied to city, county, state, and federal jobs.

By law, a certain percentages of contractors have to be DBEs, unless you can pull off a Sole Source Justification. It's part of these uber-thick pubs, known as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
Not quite! You get a definite look, if you're looking to work on a government project. Think of it as the Rooney Rule in football, applied to city, county, state, and federal jobs.

By law, a certain percentages of contractors have to be DBEs, unless you can pull off a Sole Source Justification. It's part of these uber-thick pubs, known as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).

Got it, understand, and I don't hear about too many brothas and sisters starting their own businesses via fed contracting. I'll give a it a look. Is there a website to view what contracts are "open". If those are the words? I'd like to just browse to get some ideas.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »
Got it, understand, and I don't hear about too many brothas and sisters starting their own businesses via fed contracting. I'll give a it a look. Is there a website to view what contracts are "open". If those are the words? I'd like to just browse to get some ideas.

PM me for details.(no homo)