Author Topic: My New Gym - Brickyard Gym  (Read 50221 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: My New Gym...
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »
Jeezus!!!!  Gym was packed when i walked in just now!  5 new members this AM. Awesome!  
I am going to try to encourage the liquid chalk they sell though.  We will sell it at the front. Stuff works just as well.  I use it and it doesn't get everywhere

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
Some guy just did 122 on the one finger. to anyone whos never done it thats good.  It is sheer pain to the finger.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Some guy just did 122 on the one finger

Lets see the picture
And have you posted the rules Yet?

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »
Lets see the picture
And have you posted the rules Yet?
I wasn't here but he'll be here daily.  We are still working out the kinks my friend.  Theres a ton of staff training as u know.  I will teach them to take the pix then print them out n hang them in the zuver section.  I'm sure u n coach can sympathize.  There is a TON of work that go in to opening a new business.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
I wasn't here but he'll be here daily.  We are still working out the kinks my friend.  Theres a ton of staff training as u know.  I will teach them to take the pix then print them out n hang them in the zuver section.  I'm sure u n coach can sympathize.  There is a TON of work that go in to opening a new business.

Yep
There's more work than most will ever know. 
Just thought it might be a good idea to post the rules.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »
Stop Crying.
Real lifters use chalk. Allways have, Always Will.  Sissies Cry about There Panties getting Dirty.  If your worried about a little chalk getting on yours than go Join A Fitness Center like Planet Fitness. It might be closer to your Speed.

hahah ok fatboy. sorry i offended your sensibilities.

as for my speed. you couldnt hope to be my speed for a day, sunshine.

for a guy who uses so much chalk and moves so much weight you must be an impressive specimen.  ::)

just like the rest of your ilk. fat and dumpy. thinking their fat is 'muscle'. keep the dream alive sparky. dont let me retard your growth. lol
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Wonder if that guy Traines at All.

well, i train harder and look better than you. that much i do know. throw hold more lean tissue in there too.

but i guess cause i dont use chalk, and dont want to look like slob unlike yourself, it cant be possible.

lemme guess, you dont wash your favourite shirt and train in chuck taylors right? hahahahaha

only thing hardcore' about guys like you is your smell. lol

b

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »
that gym allows chalk but has no locker room, the guy in pics is squatting in tight jeans.

thats no good if one has big balls,man.
haha. I have can't make sense of ur posts. My gym has locker rooms n showers but maybe ur not talking about my gym. Truth be told there r a lot of young ones that puff n smack chalk all over then lift weight that I could lift at ten years old. I swear about 90 percent of the lifters that make a big deal about chalk would be better suited to learn how to lift some weights instead of insisting they r outfitted with all the latest trends n gimmicks. Not that chalk is new.  But undoubtedly there is a time and need for chalk when training. I don't personally use it, and ive lifted very respectsble weights in my day, but I don't get down on people who have to either. And again I'm saying that many of these people r pushing poundages that I think it's just ridiculous they chalk up for. Reason I finally joined getbig last year after a long time lurking was I am recovering from complicstions from some serious surgery due to having my bicep reattached. I was bored n joined n glad I did. It's fun as hell here.  I have gotten skinny fat since recovering but about to make my comeback. Anyway that guy in th jeans was not lifting.  He is a very very long time good friend of mine. He came straight after a long day of work on the railroad just to congrats me ithe gym opening. I think ur cool Gal but that boy, Tony Pharr, in his prime, could wipe the floor with anyone on get big I'm sure of it. Just google him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: My New Gym - Brickyard Gym
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I like galenko and no one seems like a good but both are a little out of your league in this convo. Training hard is a thing of the past. In the past most used chalk, including bodybuilders. Heavy lifting for a bodybuilder was just as important as it is for a powerlifter. I find a it a really disrespectful that you're being disrespectful to who's father was a legend in the gym business. Zuvers, is an icon whether bodybuilding or powerlifting.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »
hahah ok fatboy. sorry i offended your sensibilities.

as for my speed. you couldnt hope to be my speed for a day, sunshine.

for a guy who uses so much chalk and moves so much weight you must be an impressive specimen.  ::)

just like the rest of your ilk. fat and dumpy. thinking their fat is 'muscle'. keep the dream alive sparky. dont let me retard your growth. lol
bob really is one hell of a good guy. One of the most sincere n nicest guys I've ever met. But he's wandered into the bad part of town here haha. He mostly hangs out in the positive discussion board on getbig. When I post here I assume I'm gonna get shit on but I think it's hilarious so take it all with a grain of salt.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:33 PM »
I like galenko and no one seems like a good but both are a little out of your league in this convo. Training hard is a thing of the past. In the past most used chalk, including bodybuilders. Heavy lifting for a bodybuilder was just as important as it is for a powerlifter. I find a it a really disrespectful that you're being disrespectful to who's father was a legend in the gym business. Zuvers, is an icon whether bodybuilding or powerlifting.
when I was a young man lifting crazy poundages back in the day at Manion's I did use chalk but mostly because my training partner loved using it n I'd always use his block. I still train old school hard to this day. Even just doing rehab recovering from nerve damage in my arm but I personally never really got in to chalk. It was my decision personally not because it doesn't help, I just never was real fond of it. Of course it works. N about bob, I think with the gossip area u better have a sense of humor just to enter here. Nothing anyone can say here can even put a dent in he Zuver legacy.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
when I was a young man lifting crazy poundages back in the day at Manion's I did use chalk but mostly because my training partner loved using it n I'd always use his block. I still train old school hard to this day. Even just doing rehab recovering from nerve damage in my arm but I personally never really got in to chalk. It was my decision personally not because it doesn't help, I just never was real fond of it. Of course it works. N about bob, I think with the gossip area u better have a sense of humor just to enter here. Nothing anyone can say here can even put a dent in he Zuver legacy.

It's ok Guys.
We should cut these Fitness Center Boys some slack. There young pups that never had the experience to train or even hang out with real Bodybuilders, you know Real Pros. They still think standing in a row, afraid to get there hands dirty and watching TV is working out. They don't know that there just clones, all acting and looking alike and will never become a champion of anything except flapping there lips.  That's how Planet Fitness makes there money off the want to bees. Guys that don't sweat, or mess up there panties, or are afraid they will brake a nail. Ive hung out with the worlds best. Even the top pros today still not only use chalk but arn't afraid to get down and dirty. I guess these little boys are to inexperienced to tell the difference between true bodybuilding and what it takes to be a REAL Bodybuilder.
Oops Boys, There's always the TV's At Planet Fitness.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »
It's ok Guys.
We should cut these Fitness Center Boys some slack. There young pups that never had the experience to train or even hang out with real Bodybuilders, you know Real Pros. They still think standing in a row, afraid to get there hands dirty and watching TV is working out. They don't know that there just clones, all acting and looking alike and will never become a champion of anything except flapping there lips.  That's how Planet Fitness makes there money off the want to bees. Guys that don't sweat, or mess up there panties, or are afraid they will brake a nail. Ive hung out with the worlds best. Even the top pros today still not only use chalk but arn't afraid to get down and dirty. I guess these little boys are to inexperienced to tell the difference between true bodybuilding and what it takes to be a REAL Bodybuilder.

PS
You little boys havn't hurt my feelings.
You havnt been around long enough to walk in my shoes.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 11:44:06 PM »
Jesus how insecure is this guy?

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »
Jesus how insecure is this guy?

You better get some sleep. Mr Rodgers will be showing at the center soon.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
You better get some sleep. Mr Rodgers will be showing at the center soon.
only 9pm here brah.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2013, 12:01:32 AM »

hey dude I respect out of like treatment, not from some sense of entitlement someone they might have as so and so's boy. gimme a break. in my first post I attacked chalk cause it bugs me. am I not allowed to voice my opinion now? this is a discussion forum. silk has built a frigging nice gym there and the thought of picking up some dbells to work with covered in chalk would irk me. it gets on my clothes. then it gets in my car. that'd be all fine if I pulled up in my fancy 2001 f150 lariat edition with my bass pro shops bumper sticker in the window. oh wait tho. I don't have the hardcore mentally. well,  I'm not going to apologise for that. it's not hardcore. it's dumb. if you can't lift it unassisted what fucking good is it? gonna walk around with chalk in your pocket just in case something comes up one day? gotta move this piano- hold on lemme grab my chalk.  ::)

so what's it for? so out of shape retards can slap on the back other out if shape retards on their PB's?

and someone answer gals question. how much does it add to a lift? how much extra muscle you get from using chalk? here let me tell you. SWEET FUCK ALL. it's a prop. an ego boost that's part of the hardcore mentality and should be as extinct as the mentality itself. these guys aren't hardcore. they're rather embarrassing to be truthful.

can't lift it unassisted? don't bother.

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »
It's ok Guys.

haha hey 'bob'. can I call you bob? how about dildo?

anyway bob tell me all about how much of a 'REAL bodybuilder' you are.

I'm curious as to what parameters one must meet to be considered a REAL bodybuilder. hmm let me get out my check list.

- grizzly weight belt.
- unwashed 'pitbull gym' grey sweat shirt that you can stand in the corner
- zubaz pants
- fanny pack containing amino acid tabs, nibs licorice and a Sony sports Walkman
- sept 1984 issue of muscle and fitness autographed by ray mentzer in my gym bag for inspiration between sets
- chalk
- grunting and dropping weights so people notice your not just a fat guy who thought he was walking into a Steak and Shake

miss anything there, sparky?

listen sunshine I'm going to make this very clear to you since you seem so enveloped in your glory years. I'd wipe the floor with you in the gym. yesterday, today and tomorrow.

walk a mile in your shoes? lol what the fuck for? so I sit around and reminisce about how great 'I used to be'? while your looking in the mirror watching your ever expanding waistline mushroom out of control, telling yourself it's ok, it's just age and wondering where your wife left the remnants of last night roast beef I'll be in the gym not using chalk and besting anything you ever did in your 'prime' or will do from that magical imaginary time period. hey you hung out with the best of the best tho. that's gotta count for something tho right?! haha who even says that?! I hung out with the best if the best blah blah blah you sound like gene Hackman dude.

see this Penelope ^ ? that's reality. if you'd quit patting yourself on the back about how great you used to be long enough pm me, I'd be happy to help you with your training and diet.

dismissed.
b

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »
haha hey 'bob'. can I call you bob? how about dildo?

anyway bob tell me all about how much of a 'REAL bodybuilder' you are.

I'm curious as to what parameters one must meet to be considered a REAL bodybuilder. hmm let me get out my check list.

- grizzly weight belt.
- unwashed 'pitbull gym' grey sweat shirt that you can stand in the corner
- zubaz pants
- fanny pack containing amino acid tabs, nibs licorice and a Sony sports Walkman
- sept 1984 issue of muscle and fitness autographed by ray mentzer in my gym bag for inspiration between sets
- chalk
- grunting and dropping weights so people notice your not just a fat guy who thought he was walking into a Steak and Shake

miss anything there, sparky?

listen sunshine I'm going to make this very clear to you since you seem so enveloped in your glory years. I'd wipe the floor with you in the gym. yesterday, today and tomorrow.

walk a mile in your shoes? lol what the fuck for? so I sit around and reminisce about how great 'I used to be'? while your looking in the mirror watching your ever expanding waistline mushroom out of control, telling yourself it's ok, it's just age and wondering where your wife left the remnants of last night roast beef I'll be in the gym not using chalk and wiping the floor with anything you ever did in your 'prime' or will do from that magical imaginary time period.

see this Penelope ^ ? that's reality. if you'd quit patting yourself on the back about how great you used to be long enough pm me, I'd be happy to help you with your training and diet.

dismissed.

That's all right son. You can't help that you will never be known and that you are to stupid to listen to those that know what there talking about.  Your just showing your ignorance and can't help it. It's not a matter of using chalk or not, Duh, it's that you think because you are afraid of getting your hands dirty that you think nobody should. You also think your better then everybody that have proved themselves with hard work. Your not and will never will be.  I don't give a shit if you think your cool. Come back and tell me how bad you are when your a somebody in the muscle world.  Until then stick with Planet Fitness and leave the real gyms for the guys that know what there talking about. This is the last time ill waist my time trying to talk to someone like you.  Bye Bye
Good Luck
Lol

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »
bob really is one hell of a good guy. One of the most sincere n nicest guys I've ever met. But he's wandered into the bad part of town here haha. He mostly hangs out in the positive discussion board on getbig. When I post here I assume I'm gonna get shit on but I think it's hilarious so take it all with a grain of salt.

your a cool dude. I get a good vibe off you.

'bobs' a little out of his depth here. walking around with a big stick and trying to show these boys who's boss isn't going to end well for him cause sooner or latter if he keeps running his mouth he's gonna get asked to put up or shut up.e and age isn't kind to anyone. esp 'hardcore' guys from the 90's. if he thinks he's getting ridiculed now wait it'll be brutally worse.

all that aside congrats on the space. love the gym. hope you find it a success that also brings with it reward and happiness.

ps lose the chalk. :D
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »
That's all right son. You can't help that you will never be known and that you are to stupid to listen to those that know what there talking about.  Your just showing your ignorance and can't help it. It's not a matter of using chalk or not, Duh, it's that you think because you are afraid of getting your hands dirty that you think nobody should. You also think your better then everybody that have proved themselves with hard work. Your not and will never will be.  I don't give a shit if you think your cool. Come back and tell me how bad you are when your a somebody in the muscle world.  Until then stick with Planet Fitness and leave the real gyms for the guys that know what there talking about. This is the last time ill waist my time trying to talk to someone like you.  Bye Bye
Good Luck
Lol

known? come back and see you when Im known? when I'm a somebody in the 'bodybuilding world'?

like you, 'bob'? bahahaha omg this is rich.

hey 'bob', thanks for coming out. this post is more demeaning than anything I could ever hope to hang on you.

come back and see me when your known he says hahahahaha is this guy for real?!

fucking awesome. bobby stick around I'm enjoying kicking you around like a football.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:54 AM »
ps bobarino still waiting for that description of a real bber.

maybe post up your pic and show us all what a REAL bber looks like.

feel free to use one from the 80's when you were kind of a big deal.

don't worry bobby I'm not expecting much.

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2013, 01:01:20 AM »

hey bob. do you believe in the post training 'anabolic window'?

just need to know what we're working with here.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »
hey bob. where'd you go? you must be out being hardcore somewhere. i feel like we got off on the wrong foot. come back when you find that pic of yourself when you were a 'real bodybuilder'. I could use an education. cheers.
b

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »
The Liquid Grip stuff works well also for those who may need it.
Only time I use chalk is for the last heavy set of Deadlifts, it does have its use.

But I have seen the twinks, curling a 50 lb. plate on each side of a curl bar, chalking up before each set.
Thats kinda comical..

I always clean up after using it. People who make a mess and not clean it up should be warned, etc.