Author Topic: some jackass afro head tried to steal my hvac unit  (Read 6644 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: some jackass afro head tried to steal my hvac unit
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »
Do you not have a neighborhood watch where you live bro?
No im sorry
A

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
check messages falcon master

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
Dear, Swedee, you are not thinking...of course he is 6'6 and 300 pounds. Nobody is really going to go hand to hand with him, especially criminals. He is physical threat. So, a knife or a gun will be used. Remember, those are criminals, and possibly drug users. Therefore they are desperate and don't care about the consequences of their actions. Only the here and now.

And JF, why don't you install a camera on the property?

Solid point. Even falcon couldn't stop bullets sadly.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »
yes but this is a used unit it can go anytime. im not a welder. so if i were to buy a cage and this unit went out, id have to buy another unit wich may be a different size then i would have to buy another damn cage

Oh, I see...

You should get one of those 110v wire feed welders from lowes.  You can do a ton of shit with them, really easy to figure out.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 06:03:43 PM »
Unchecked agression

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Go get you a hot wire and box made for fencing cows and wire up your crawl space access and around the unit. Turn it high as possible, trim the grass low around it so it wont ground out, and fry those thieves.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
how will u get the screws out? Or r u thinking yu will never have to?  I guess u could grind the bolt head all the way off if its nit recessed

Blow torch

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
Put a small invisible dog fence around it that shocks when crossed.

Apparently you don't know how an invisible dog fence works.
;)
:

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Epic leans would be a great deterrent - mix that with pro active bean farts.
Well placed pyramid shits, crop circle stools in a self defense pattern, could also be used to break the criminals feet when entering Falcon Klan territory.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
Oh, I see...

You should get one of those 110v wire feed welders from lowes.  You can do a ton of shit with them, really easy to figure out.

send some of your Hilltop buddies down there to help him out my man

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »
Why would someone want an invisible dog anyway?  ???

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
The security screws I've seen are only sold at specialty fastener shops.  You probably wouldn't see them at Lowes, or at least not the more exotic ones, and there are tons of different styles.  I think a thief would just move along to another house before running around trying to find the right driver unless he really takes his chosen field seriously.

Hope you have some good security measures at the gym.  I often wonder how many new businesses, who have competition in town, end up suffering 'random vandalism.'
haha!  Gdammit. Ironically my eight year old AC unit outside that supplies the gym just broke!  My AC guy who is very good to me, n who I trust says the compressors shot. 1,500 bux at least. U may b right!

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
those drill bits are easily accesable by anyone now unfortunatly but still good idea because the theives arent that smart, i just hate the day when they are gonna have battery powerd grinders on hand
ive often thought of that. With the lith ion portable tools u can pretty much steal anything w a grinder n a cut off wheel.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »
haha!  Gdammit. Ironically my eight year old AC unit outside that supplies the gym just broke!  My AC guy who is very good to me, n who I trust says the compressors shot. 1,500 bux at least. U may b right!

I think some of those are servicable and others are fully welded.  Not sure what average life is but if 8 years is short it might be interesting to discover the cause of failure.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »
I think some of those are servicable and others are fully welded.  Not sure what average life is but if 8 years is short it might be interesting to discover the cause of failure.

I know someone that had an old commercial condenser unit at their house, it just quit working this season.  They had it replaced and the company looked up the serial number because it was one of the oldest they had seen.  It was made around 1970.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:54 PM »
send some of your Hilltop buddies down there to help him out my man

They're too busy stealing Aluminum Siding to scarp for drug money.  :-X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »
I know someone that had an old commercial condenser unit at their house, it just quit working this season.  They had it replaced and the company looked up the serial number because it was one of the oldest they had seen.  It was made around 1970.
im always fascinated as to why something quits working, then learning how to get it running again even if it seems very difficult to do so, i atleast enjoy learning the art
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
The old saying goes, Condensers don`t die, you have to murder them.

Whats amusing is that nobody really needs to replace their air conditioners at all most of the time.  The models that are labeled "energy efficient" really aren`t any more efficient than those of 20-40 years ago. Also, the really old ones are built like tanks and never go bad.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »

Whats amusing is that nobody really needs to replace their air conditioners at all most of the time.  The models that are labeled "energy efficient" really aren`t any more efficient than those of 20-40 years ago. Also, the really old ones are built like tanks and never go bad.
the guy claims the person who did my duct work when i intially built the building fucked eveything up n the air flow is restricted.  he said that will do it. We're going to just cut open up the duct work in the exposed ceiling of the gym to let it breathe.  Not sure if his theory is correct tho.  I have the same ac unit at the house n its 17 years old n kicking ass still.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »

Yeah, it seems like 90% of the time either the capacitor or contactor need to be replaced when there's trouble.  Simple things like that.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
the guy claims the person who did my duct work when i intially built the building fucked eveything up n the air flow is restricted.  he said that will do it. We're going to just cut open up the duct work in the exposed ceiling of the gym to let it breathe.  Not sure if his theory is correct tho.  I have the same ac unit at the house n its 17 years old n kicking ass still.

I'd investigate electrical components as mentioned if it doesn't turn on, mechanical parts if it does.  Holesawing the ducts does not sound right at all.  Get a second opinion.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2013, 12:14:21 AM »
Haha, neither can you!

They make these things now.  They're called security screws.  Come with their own special driver and everything.

Very usefull, while it is good to know that every fucking service station or tool shop sells sets of screwdrivers which fit these screws:

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »

Apparently you don't know how an invisible dog fence works.
;)
Apparently not, tell us Princess.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2013, 05:34:22 AM »
Why would someone want an invisible dog anyway?  ???

LMAO!

"1"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
they know the duct work is big money and want to scam you on that. thats definitly a do it yourselfer' job . i dont know how to do it but with some research its probably easy as fuck, but yeah open that duct wide the fuck open and see what happens

just like my weedeaters i could take off the airfilter and they would run fine, it was the cap over the airfilter wich was blocking the flow of air

A