Author Topic: Tom Platz seminar  (Read 10076 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Tom Platz seminar
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 02:26:45 PM »
He's your opposite...in horrible shape, bloated from the reflux, always rude, putting people down, and posts pics but never excessively.  ;D
HE'S THE BIZZARO VERSION,,,FROM THE COMICS,,

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
I remember working out at the real Golds and Tom was doing situps, he was wearing a warmup suit but was so short I didn't believe it.

I was doing tricep pushdowns next to Robby, when he bothered to look at my arms, I knew I had it...hahahahahahahaahha.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »
5:18-5:30 is a schmoes dream

Lol, was thinking the same thing ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:41 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 04:30:12 AM »
He's almost raping that leg extention machine

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:21 AM »
There is a vid of him doing pullups to failure that is pretty funny as well.
S

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
There is a vid of him doing pullups to failure that is pretty funny as well.

Starting around 1:30. Let's call it intuitive training  :-\

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
90% of those kids tried to copy him and suffered devastating injuries to their knees and lower back.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 07:21:33 AM »
My joints just hurt watching some of Platz's training..

This was epic though:

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
i remember reading in one of the muscle mags an interview with him and he said that he got to the point where he only needed to train legs once a month to keep thier massive size

i gotta call bullshit on that

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 08:33:39 AM »
i remember reading in one of the muscle mags an interview with him and he said that he got to the point where he only needed to train legs once a month to keep thier massive size

Well... not quite.
I have natural big calves and if i train them only once a month they still remain big. And i am usually not on the sauce like he was.
It's just genetics: My quads disapear if i work them less than 2 weeks appart.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Well... not quite.
I have natural big calves and if i train them only once a month they still remain big. And i am usually not on the sauce like he was.

one of the reasons that dudes have such big fucking godzilla thighs nowadays is coz they train them just once a week

in the 70s and 80s they trained them twice a week and that was overtraining them IMO

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »
tom calves looked better from the  side though . good calves but not eye catching like those of roger stewart or dickerson . . because of those huge and ripped thighs

ukjeff

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »

I can leave my legs for two to three weeks and maybe lose a bit of condition and separation and one session later its back.
Some people are just lucky.
Im the same with calves, I only train them sporadically and I can see the shape and definition come back after one session.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »
platz is a legend,one of the hardest trainers ever,and best quads ever!there was a guy,that came along at the end of platzs career that was real close in the leg department,named tim Belknap.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
platz is a legend,one of the hardest trainers ever,and best quads ever!there was a guy,that came along at the end of platzs career that was real close in the leg department,named tim Belknap.
HE WAS GOOD,PAUL DEMAYO WAS BETTER,,,,,BELKNAP HAD THICK JOINTS....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »
I can leave my legs for two to three weeks and maybe lose a bit of condition and separation and one session later its back.
Some people are just lucky.
Im the same with calves, I only train them sporadically and I can see the shape and definition come back after one session.

a friend of mine was out in cali (the mecca) back in 2002 or so and he said that the only bodypart that the pros trained really hard was legs

ukjeff

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
a friend of mine was out in cali (the mecca) back in 2002 or so and he said that the only bodypart that the pros trained really hard was legs

He was probably lying to get attention.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »

His legs overpowered everything else I don't know why that's so hard to believe. Your stronger body parts will always be that.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
His legs overpowered everything else I don't know why that's so hard to believe. Your stronger body parts will always be that.

well man, my pecs are probably my best and strongest bodypart, and they have FINALLY started to take off with their development, but this didn't happen til i started training them every 48-72 hrs with both hi and lo reps

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »
well man, my pecs are probably my best and strongest bodypart, and they have FINALLY started to take off with their development, but this didn't happen til i started training them every 48-72 hrs with both hi and lo reps

But Platz was a competitive bodybuilder and the biggest knock on him was not being well balanced. I'm sure at some point he figured he had to cut back on the leg training.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
I THOUGHT UR DELTS WERE ...CHEST IS THE BEST BODYPART WITH ABS TO HAVE DEVELOPED SHOWS UP IN NICE FITTED SHIRTS AND OF COURSE OFF,,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
I THOUGHT UR DELTS WERE ...CHEST IS THE BEST BODYPART WITH ABS TO HAVE DEVELOPED SHOWS UP IN NICE FITTED SHIRTS AND OF COURSE OFF,,,

now my delts are, but my best part is my chest, it just wasn't properly developed through me doing only push-ups at home lol

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:48 AM »
Well... not quite.

Same here.  I have naturally large calves as well, and in the summer months an cycling a couple times a week maintains my calf size.   I don't do any direct calf exercises in the summer.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »
My calves suck. It's quite easy to maintain their size.
S