Author Topic: EYE-OPENING ESSAY: Teacher Tells Truth About His Black Students - Is this Racis?  (Read 14585 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We have all had different experiences with different races. My military experience runs deep along with my athletic experience. My West Point roommate was black, I was the only white wide receiver and I served with many blacks.  Listen to this tremendous leader who I would follow onto any battlefield.  This is a message that all young people should hear.

[/youtube]

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.[12] According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.[13][14]
In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively.[15] According to the 2000 Census, the percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent.[13][14]
Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher,[16] compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.[17]
Africans from Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.[18]

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
The comment he made about Mexican's is very interesting and spot on...Mexican's are moving into America at record rates...A storm is brewing in the near future between the Blacks and the Mexican's...

There's only a few Mexican Americans at my gym, more African Americans.

The black people generally do not re-rack their plates or dumbbells for some reason, and they have a tendency to stand in the most irritating places, like right infront of benches and stuff. Most of the Mexicans do re-rack and they clean their benches off.

:-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.[12] According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.[13][14]
In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively.[15] According to the 2000 Census, the percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent.[13][14]
Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher,[16] compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.[17]
Africans from Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.[18]

Yep, I've met a lot of Africans particularly Nigerians with grad degrees and JDs, but their countries are...well you get the point.
There's only a few Mexican Americans at my gym, more African Americans.

The black people generally do not re-rack their plates or dumbbells for some reason, and they have a tendency to stand in the most irritating places, like right infront of benches and stuff. Most of the Mexicans do re-rack and they clean their benches off.

:-\

Sound like the suburban kids at one of the gyms I went to. Only there to screw around. Weights left everywhere. Candy wrappers left  10 feet from the trash can.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
When it comes to issues of race, white people made their bed an now they are lying in it.  First with slavery and second with their decision to placate blacks by allowing them to live by a different set of rules.  Only when there is honesty and real equality will people be free to move forward.  

This sums up my thoughts better than I managed to.  Thank you

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
Yep, but their countries are...well you get the point.

Yes but that issue goes deeper than race, Africa is basically a resource land for corporations and governments to exploit, the good african leaders either get killed or imprisined while people like idi amin and mobutu get put in power, it was never about race, but culture.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

Dumb post,

"The 1.4 million African immigrants residing in the United States in 2007 accounted for only 3.7 percent of all US immigrants."

This tiny group (in relation to Africa's population as a whole) of upper class African immigrants (who have the means and education to immigrate to the United States) are in no way a representation of Africans in general, far from it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Yep, I've met a lot of Africans particularly Nigerians with grad degrees and JDs, but their countries are...well you get the point.Sound like the suburban kids at one of the gyms I went to. Only there to screw around. Weights left everywhere. Candy wrappers left  10 feet from the trash can.

Yeah, I need to be fair here... The white teenagers are by far the worst. 

Parker

• Getbig V
Yes but that issue goes deeper than race, Africa is basically a resource land for corporations and governments to exploit, the good african leaders either get killed or imprisined while people like idi amin and mobutu get put in power, it was never about race, but culture.
True, but African leaders like Mr. Kiss China's Ass aka kick all the white farmers out, blames everything on the Euros, and exploits his own. He makes things about race.

Nobody respects those who kill their own, exploit their own, enslave their own, rape their own. Many of leaders are not truly leaders just opportunistic con men, who'd rather see their pockets fatten, than see their country grow (and if their country grew, then their pockets would be even more fattened, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip).

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I mentioned this before, but I have also met many African immigrants getting advanced degrees.  The thing is, these are the cream of the crop who either come from wealthy families or are sponsored by Universities..  Universities recruit foreign students. I'm not arguing whether they are intelligent, because they are, but its probably not a good idea to use them as a representation of Africans (broad term).
A

Parker

• Getbig V
I mentioned this before, but I have also met many African immigrants getting advanced degrees.  The thing is, these are the cream of the crop who either come from wealthy families or are sponsored by Universities..  Universities recruit foreign students. I'm not arguing whether they are intelligent, because they are, but its probably not a good idea to use them as a representation of Africans (broad term).
Exactly, families come from money...I knew some Russians, families came from money. And Persians...again, families came from money...going to good schools.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III

I Was born and raised in italy but my parents are african most of my friedns here are african immigrants as well, most of them aren't rich, they are ok and got lucky but they are not "rich" that's just a belief a lot of white folks have for some reason.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
True, but African leaders like Mr. Kiss China's Ass aka kick all the white farmers out, blames everything on the Euros, and exploits his own. He makes things about race.

Nobody respects those who kill their own, exploit their own, enslave their own, rape their own. Many of leaders are not truly leaders just opportunistic con men, who'd rather see their pockets fatten, than see their country grow (and if their country grew, then their pockets would be even more fattened, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip).

lol this post is funny, you never heard of Hitler? Mussolini? Francisco franco? Oliver Cromwell? white history is full of leaders who killed their own.

Parker

• Getbig V
I Was born and raised in italy but my parents are african most of my friedns here are african immigrants as well, most of them aren't rich, they are ok and got lucky but they are not "rich" that's just a belief a lot of white folks have for some reason.
East African descent?
What we mean as in rich, is "have money"...there is no "got lucky" in this world. Luck has nothing to do with it.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
It's not the race, it's the culture.

My calculus teacher was a black dude. Smart, kind, and hardworking. Hell, I was lost in that class, and I had some black Jamaican student help me out on his own time. He wasn't fluent with keyboards, but he knew math and he's the only reason I passed that class.

Again, black people are PEOPLE. Don't make assumptions about them based on idiots in the states. (And, that being said, there are lots of black idiots in the states.)
The answer is "yes".

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
East African descent?
What we mean as in rich, is "have money"...there is no "got lucky" in this world. Luck has nothing to do with it.

most of the people i know got here through the visa lottery, that's luck man. I had an italian citizenship so it was easier for me but it is definitely luck, you don't know their reality, I do. I have lived there and in Europe before coming here, its all about culture and opportunity, in EU the problem races are mostly white (romanians,albanians and russians) yet in America those very same groups do very well

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
The Mexicans will never tolerate a black subculture like whites have. Blacks in LA are openly "green lighted" for elimination in Mexican communities. And it's open warfare in prison. Given Mexican immigration and birth rates the outcome is an inevitability.

Will Mexicans tolerate whites?
The answer is "yes".

Parker

• Getbig V
It's not the race, it's the culture.

My calculus teacher was a black dude. Smart, kind, and hardworking. Hell, I was lost in that class, and I had some black Jamaican student help me out on his own time. He wasn't fluent with keyboards, but he knew math and he's the only reason I passed that class.

Again, black people are PEOPLE. Don't make assumptions about them based on idiots in the states. (And, that being said, there are lots of black idiots in the states.)
true---but, look at Jamaica...as you said culture...I always envisioned Jamaica, once it got itself together, in being kinda like Japan...and remember the Japanese had American help getting the manufacturing thing down pat...
I remember in college some of the Jamaican dudes would play soccer outside, smart guys, very smart.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Exactly, families come from money...I knew some Russians, families came from money. And Persians...again, families came from money...going to good schools.

And their governments and ours will partially fund their schooling.  Do not misunderstand me, these folks are great hard working students.  
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
In my limited experience, American blacks hate African immigrants for some reason.  Guess it's a different/conflicting culture, like mentioned in the thread.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
In my limited experience, American blacks hate African immigrants for some reason.  Guess it's a different/conflicting culture, like mentioned in the thread.

Female exchange students form Africa are a real pleasure, man.  Classy and smart....for the most part
A

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III

we get long fine in college at least.

Parker

• Getbig V
no, not really...there is a love-hate thing as well. When you have descendants of slaves and the descendant of people who sold others into slavery, and said descendant question why Americab black folks Ct the way they do or whatever, there is some tension.
Also, there is some tension amongst W. African blacks and E. African Blacks

Think of how the Euros think of Yanks, it's basically the same thing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
 :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
There are good , educated, spiritual people in all races. Ultimately people of the same upbringings stick together. Still if I had a choice to pick between similar people from different races, i d pick the one with the same skin color as mine. We constantly calculate what would benefit our odds of survival, as all lifeforms have for sole and only purpose to adapt/insure their survival. Not all black , arab, muslim, asian , white people are worthless, just the majority of them. Cyclically a big selection has to be made. Life is a giant free for all.