Author Topic: found this quote on a roid board regarding training  (Read 55471 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: found this quote on a roid board regarding training
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
can anybody recommend other advanced training techniques besides drop sets, pre-exhaust, post-exhaust, rest-pause, supersets, negatives, static-holds?

Dj, are you still cashing 40 foot jumpers with regularity?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »
"Progressive overload" is definitely not the be-all-end-all solution to bbing but I think it's getting a little over-criticized here in everyone's haste to shit on dj181.

Progressive overload does not say "Do this workout and you will add 5 lbs or one rep to every lift every workout", obviously that is nonsense and will cease happening after a moderate timeframe at best and probably won't happen at all for an advanced / heavily sauced trainer.

The core philosophy of it is that you should try to do more weight / more reps, which is something I think a lot of lifters can benefit from, particularly if your goal is to get stronger.  It doesn't promise that this will always happen every workout but that doesn't mean it's a bad concept in principal.

However if your goal is to look better then I think progressive overload is unnecessary most of the time.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2013, 05:19:45 PM »
Read through the thread and I totally agree with the consistency mantra - it's one of the key elements to gain something or at least anything.
Other than that it's your genetic potential which concludes you "shaped up" version.
What's interesting is how fast gains seems to halt after a certain golden period. This was sometimes shocking when observed in folks that promised to get swell due to their frame and great muscle bellies.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »

lol @ everyone who thinks that applying a certain kind of stress to enable exhaustion of a muscle group is more advantageous than other types of stress.

b

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
lol @ everyone who thinks that applying a certain kind of stress to enable exhaustion of a muscle group is more advantageous than other types of stress.

Seems to me there is a psychological aspect to changing up your routine. Sometimes a change in exercises results in renewed interest and vigor when working out. The more you put into your workouts the more you get back from them, overtraining aside.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »
DJ why do i have a funny feeling if god himself came down and reprogrammed your genetics to that of a prime 25 year old kevin levrone youd tell god to fuck off too?
l

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
DJ why do i have a funny feeling if god himself came down and reprogrammed your genetics to that of a prime 25 year old kevin levrone youd tell god to fuck off too?

here's the thing with dj181....everything is a dick-measuring contest with him, but in a passive-aggresive way...he's constantly comparing himself, and his stats and numbers, to everyone's...to try and measure up in his mind.

That's why i don't like talking to him and shut him down,  he's not really even interested in what you say, he's just seeing if he's got an "edge" on you in his warped brain.

Problem is he weighs a buck sixty. And thank god for that. If he ever found some magic elixir and got up to 200 pounds shredded...he would make Galineko seem like Ghandi. We would never hear the end of it and he would post 20 pics a day.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »
 why do guys think of steroids like filling air in a balloon?  i mean are people that stupid they really think they can take pharmaceuticals and not change their genetics and dna to a degree? every single cycle you run, (especially with testsoterone and its esters) you are creating new satelite cells...studies have proven testsoterone creates new satellite cells.....please take a guy who trains naturally his whole life and examine the cross section of his biceps vs a guy .take three grams of testosterone for 5 years and trains too....the muscle will be completely different, even after he discontinues  the drugs.

you guys who train naturally are doing yourself a huge diservice.

"take everyting you can get your hands on...anyone can get jacked all it takes is cash and balls"
dennis newman

just cause none of us will ever  look quite like dennis doesnt mean that you shouldnt try...but if you dont put yourself on the same playing field as he did youve lost before you even started. You bust your ass in the gym and at the table, is it so much to ask to be fair to yourself DJ? you like zane, ok.....you dont even need hgh for that, but at the very least respect yourself enough to  put yourself on the same playing field as these guys you idolize.  o accept being mediocre and r move the fuck on with your life...
l

missile

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:36 AM »
and a very excellent quote it is, especially that last sentence 8)

"The exercise doesn't so much matter really. So long as it is a heavy, multi-joint movement, it is all good.

What really matters is whether or not you are putting more weight on the machine or bar everytime you workout. If you are doing barbell benchpress, and you can no longer make gains, than switch to the Hammer machine, and vice versa.

Progression is the only thing that matters."

So?  This is common sense.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2013, 07:54:34 AM »
here's the thing with dj181....everything is a dick-measuring contest with him, but in a passive-aggresive way...he's constantly comparing himself, and his stats and numbers, to everyone's...to try and measure up in his mind.

That's why i don't like talking to him and shut him down,  he's not really even interested in what you say, he's just seeing if he's got an "edge" on you in his warped brain.

Problem is he weighs a buck sixty. And thank god for that. If he ever found some magic elixir and got up to 200 pounds shredded...he would make Galineko seem like Ghandi. We would never hear the end of it and he would post 20 pics a day.

Are you saying that if you beat dji'llneverweight181 in the head with a Louisville slugger he'd ask you why you used that bat instead of a Mizuno?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2013, 08:00:14 AM »

"take everyting you can get your hands on...anyone can get jacked all it takes is cash and balls"
dennis newman

just cause none of us will ever  look quite like dennis...

speak for yourself :D

in all seriousness tho for the most part that kind of structure and shape is god given. the anabolics supply the size.

I say for the most part because I believe it is possible to create the illusion of good structure using the proper tools, which nobody does. and it has nothing to do with anabolics.
b

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »

^

hahahahahhaa

I'm dying over here  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
ha ha   DJ is very small
IS THIS NEW?IF SO BETTER THAN THE THE OTHER PIC U POSTED,,U LOOK TANNED AND RIPPED HERE GOOD SHAPE FOREARM AND UP ,

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

speak for yourself :D

in all seriousness tho for the most part that kind of structure and shape is god given. the anabolics supply the size.

I say for the most part because I believe it is possible to create the illusion of good structure using the proper tools, which nobody does. and it has nothing to do with anabolics.
You lost me here brother. Eat-sleep-train.  The structure can not be changed. I see guys with shitty structures get spanked at the Canadas and they keep coming back year after year and they get passed by new guys with good structures. There is no magic tool that will change anything. You can neglect your strong body parts and go crazy on your weak ones but that is about it. My apologies if I took your comment out of content.  :-\

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
I took the pic down, no need to be a Dick...have to catch myself.

here is the first pic but not on shitty photobucket....they blur the pics I think

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »
WHERE DID THE GROINK PIC GO,,,,HERE AND GONE,,,NEVERMIND ..AS I WAS POSTING SCC QUOTED,,

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05:52 AM »
You lost me here brother. Eat-sleep-train.  The structure can not be changed. I see guys with shitty structures get spanked at the Canadas and they keep coming back year after year and they get passed by new guys with good structures. There is no magic tool that will change anything. You can neglect your strong body parts and go crazy on your weak ones but that is about it. My apologies if I took your comment out of content.  :-\

times 2? No one please elaborate on this...cant be talking about gh..
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2013, 09:25:43 AM »

^

hahahahahhaa

I'm dying over here  ;D

me too

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »
I took the pic down, no need to be a Dick...have to catch myself.

here is the first pic but not on shitty photobucket....they blur the pics I think

Need to make the pics bigger like this....the first time i saw this photo two weeks ago it was half the size and i lost out on alot of detail and thought you had regressed, now i look at it- havent lost a thing groink...actually look a bit wider than the shot you had in your jeans as your avi around a year ago.

oh wait purple skin,, synthol delts, gut out of control and pussy whipped by his italian gf.  missing anything?
l

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
Need to make the pics bigger like this....the first time i saw this photo two weeks ago it was half the size and i lost out on alot of detail and thought you had regressed, now i look at it- havent lost a thing groink...actually look a bit wider than the shot you had in your jeans as your avi around a year ago.

oh wait purple skin,, synthol delts, gut out of control and pussy whipped by his italian gf.  missing anything?

Hahahahaaaaaaa

Thanks. People will accuse you of kissing my ass....LOL. Fact is you're one of about ten people on this board who can give a compliment, or an honest assesment...without putting a "but" in there, because you feel threatened by a stranger..hahaha

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »

Hahahahaaaaaaa

Thanks. People will accuse you of kissing my ass....LOL. Fact is you're one of about ten people on this board who can give a compliment, or an honest assesment...without putting a "but" in there, because you feel threatened by a stranger..hahaha

ya he don't beat around the bush. he's come a long way since he first started posting here. developing his character as it were. good on him!
b

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
What's interesting is how fast gains seems to halt after a certain golden period. This was sometimes shocking when observed in folks that promised to get swell due to their frame and great muscle bellies.

There's a huge "neural" component to strength that gets overlooked a lot in BBing crowds.  This is why you see newbies and teenagers gaining strength so quickly from week to week, they are not really building a lot of new muscle but are just learning how to "control" the weight better, more fully activating their existing muscles, etc.

This is probably also true to some extent for a more advanced physique-athlete who changes their routine and does new/unfamiliar exercises.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
You lost me here brother. Eat-sleep-train.  The structure can not be changed. I see guys with shitty structures get spanked at the Canadas and they keep coming back year after year and they get passed by new guys with good structures. There is no magic tool that will change anything. You can neglect your strong body parts and go crazy on your weak ones but that is about it. My apologies if I took your comment out of content.  :-\

times 2? No one please elaborate on this...cant be talking about gh..

you can't change your structure or everyone thinks you can't. right? I'll talk to you two guys cause you'll see the value in what I'm laying down here.

i used to believe you get what you got dealt in life. cant change that right? lately ive found this to be a falsehood.

what contributes to ones structure, or 'flow'? the symmetrical size and balance of the muscle groups on the body. some guys w really shitty frames this will not apply to. I'm talking someone with a very average x frame.

what if you could train those groups that bring out the illusion of structure 3-4 times more than normal without overtraining? that would be growth in those areas that would contribute to the illusion. in my case the delts being rounder and fuller, the arms bigger, the waist line smaller, the chest denser.

if you train your whole body equally what will you look like? if your a white guy prolly pretty blocky. what if you did things that allowed you to grow those areas that allow to change your structure.

oh I know. all the GB fucking experts (of which there are a ton who dont look the part not surprisingly) will now chime in and say oh ya like that's big news blah blah blah. but yet oddly enough none of them have ever done it. if they knew all this before they would have adapted the principles and created the ultimate physique. but they are too busy sitting on an online forum telling everyone 'oh that's not new' or 'oh ya like we didn't know that'  ::)

funny for all the knowledge these guys have none look the part.

I back my shit up. flame on kids. tell me how it's just not possible or how oh ya everyone knows that. :D
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »
no one looks great in that pic

pity there isnt some sort of written set of instructions that i could procure to emulate that look  ???
T

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
no one looks great in that pic

pity there isnt some sort of written set of instructions that i could procure to emulate that look  ???

thanks took this the 2nd day after the big carb meal, where glycogen leaves the muscle and all water goes subq. the worse you'll look during the 5 day cycle. i dont take pics when i look my best i take them when i look my worst. it makes for a better benchmark for progression.

funny you should mention that 'instruction booklet' bigmc.

we got a little book coming out :D, where amongst other things, i go over this very thing in detail. how to change your structure, and why its possible.

oh, and that'll be $20 please :D

in all seriousness bro. this book is the real deal.
b