Author Topic: "The weight is over"'s bariatric surgery spam thread  (Read 22252 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Very impressive 100% natural
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 01:45:31 AM »
Agreed looks really good, but I don't know what food he has hiding in his beard. 
that's not a beard, it's a carb strainer.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »
Agreed looks really good, but I don't know what food he has hiding in his beard. 

K

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
If I was him, I would elect to get surgery to tighten up that fold of skin around the navel.   It just ruins the look.

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
Holy shit....

I've been lurking for years now, but it's time for me to finally post... I randomly happened to click on this thread and low and behold, my picture pops up!??  Thanks for sharing my 'before' picture from my transformation...here's an update for all you getbiggers who want to tear me apart...

Background info:  I was 330lbs at 52% body fat, had gastric bypass and a skin surgery, went down to 156lbs (skin and bones) and worked my ass off to gain.  I placed 3rd in the novice middleweight division of an NPC show in 2012, and placed 1st (novice hwt, open middle) in a show this year.  I've always wanted to be a bodybuilder, ever since I could remember, and now I'm living the dream (although I'm still wenis compared to what I'd love to be eventually).

Anyway, thanks for sharing the embarrassing skin picture, lol.  Always humbles me to see where I've come from...
http://helpmeloseweight-coach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/will-i-get-loose-skin-if-i-lose-fat.jpg

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af299/RobinBacon/abz.jpg

http://www.theweightstopsnow.com/preopstomach.jpg

http://www.theweightstopsnow.com/preopstomach.jpg

xth2cq29eCfSy9NugQqfaVdl T7AGlgG0" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHHrHQi8hWlueDCYVL xth2cq29eCfSy9NugQqfaVdl T7AGlgG0

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/PolishedIron/IMG_0116.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/KineticPoet/PICT0171.jpg

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
Holy shit....

I've been lurking for years now, but it's time for me to finally post... I randomly happened to click on this thread and low and behold, my picture pops up!??  Thanks for sharing my 'before' picture from my transformation...here's an update for all you getbiggers who want to tear me apart...

Background info:  I was 330lbs at 52% body fat, had gastric bypass and a skin surgery, went down to 156lbs (skin and bones) and worked my ass off to gain.  I placed 3rd in the novice middleweight division of an NPC show in 2012, and placed 1st (novice hwt, open middle) in a show this year.  I've always wanted to be a bodybuilder, ever since I could remember, and now I'm living the dream (although I'm still wenis compared to what I'd love to be eventually).

Anyway, thanks for sharing the embarrassing skin picture, lol.  Always humbles me to see where I've come from...
The end result looks good. But I can't shake the feeling that bariatric surgery is cheating. I'm trying it the old-fashioned way (from 310), and I would love such a "little" push myself.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 09:50:07 AM »
Holy shit....

You look great, congrats!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »
I'm back doin my standing one arm dumbell concentration curl with 180 lb dumbell, yeah I can curl his body weight with one arm......I don't think he's gona catch up anytime soon, his bodyfat % won't save his ass in true iron pumpers world!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 09:55:01 AM »
Great job buddy. My sincere congratulations.

Enjoy your new body. You earned it.

Before you give him a compliment, you should ask him if he's converted to Islam

The Idol

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
I'm back doin my standing one arm dumbell concentration curl with 180 lb dumbell, yeah I can curl his body weight with one arm......I don't think he's gona catch up anytime soon, his bodyfat % won't save his ass in true iron pumpers world!
It might get him laid though.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:41 AM »

SHUT EM DOWN, CSWOL!!
X

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
The end result looks good. But I can't shake the feeling that bariatric surgery is cheating. I'm trying it the old-fashioned way (from 310), and I would love such a "little" push myself.

Haha, if I had a dime for every time I heard weight loss surgery was 'cheating', or better yet, I got my 'muscles' because I got surgery. 

I commend you on your weight loss efforts and hope you achieve your goals Phreak, but please don't think that any type of bariatric surgery is the easy way out, or 'little' push you would need.  Since my transformation, I have given countless talks at weight loss seminars and the biggest obstacle I've faced have been naysayers who think the same way.  I've kept an open mind throughout the entire process because of this. 

Weight Loss Surgery for a morbidly obese person is to "cheating" as steroids are to a bodybuilder looking to add mass.  I wouldn't tell a bodybuilder he's 'cheating' because he uses one thing or the next to further his physique, but that's just me...

Personally, I chose WLS after trying countless yo-yo diets with failed results.  I'd lose 50lbs and gain 70...I knew this would work, however, and I made my mind up in 2009 to forever change my life, and that's what I did.  I thank God everyday for the life he has given me and I wouldn't change anything in it, from before, how I got here, and now.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 10:16:10 AM »

It's not cheating. There are folks who aren't successful at losing weight after this surgery because they actually do cheat. Theweightisover is obviously committed to his goals. He deserves much credit for doing whatever he needed to achieve them.

After skin as been stretched too much, it will never shrink back. The only option for many people who are successful at changing their life and appearance is surgery. Props to Theweightisover for all his success at getting healthy, looking great and living his dream.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
It's not cheating. There are folks who aren't successful at losing weight after this surgery because they actually do cheat. Theweightisover is obviously commented to his goals.
I respectfully disagree. It's a foolproof way of losing weight. Sure some (most even) fail in the long run because of a messed up relationship with food. But this always works to a degree. It's not like taking t3 and clen, where those help, but you still have to have your diet on point.

I do realize it is a slippery slope. And I do applaud the results. But I would be much more appreciative if it had been achieved without surgery. Because to me surgery is one step too far, where pills and potions are (somewhat) acceptable.

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
Phreak that's actually, literally, 100% incorrect.  I have led dozens of people to WLS (directly and indirectly) because they see my results and immediately think it'll work.  2 people specifically have had the same surgery and lost a total of 40lbs each....FORTY POUNDS....to say it is "foolproof" is ludicrous.  In fact, the phrase "...weight loss surgery as a foolproof way to lose weight vs using it as a tool" is the staple quote/reason I created my website. 

People who rely solely on a surgery, a pill, or any other factors as a means to an end have already set themselves up for major failure.  Case in point, if WLS was the 'easy way out' or 'foolproof', why are there not thousands of post surgery people walking around with transformations like or better than mine?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
Phreak that's actually, literally, 100% incorrect.  I have led dozens of people to WLS (directly and indirectly) because they see my results and immediately think it'll work.  2 people specifically have had the same surgery and lost a total of 40lbs each....FORTY POUNDS....to say it is "foolproof" is ludicrous.  In fact, the phrase "...weight loss surgery as a foolproof way to lose weight vs using it as a tool" is the staple quote/reason I created my website. 

People who rely solely on a surgery, a pill, or any other factors as a means to an end have already set themselves up for major failure.  Case in point, if WLS was the 'easy way out' or 'foolproof', why are there not thousands of post surgery people walking around with transformations like or better than mine?
I stand by what I said: weight loss surgery is guaranteed to make people lose weight. Show me one case of one patient ever who did not lose weight. Nowhere did I say it was going to be ALL bodyfat. But it is nigh (if not completely impossible) not to lose weight this way. Where it would be possible to not lose weight even when taking tren/t3/clen/dnp/etc.

So yes, it is a foolproof way of losing weight. And it makes further weight loss and maintenance much easier. Do you deny it? If so, then tell me this: why did you not do it without surgery, if the surgery is such a minor aspect of your success?

Do many people fail? Certainly. I've read about many cases, because I too considered surgery a few years ago. But I'm not vain enough to risk a .5% chance of dying on the operating table just to be able to flex my abs on camera.

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »
Before we commence to an argument, lol, I will 100% agree with you that people need to change their behavior as it relates to food addictions, mentally, more so than relying on a surgery alone to lose weight.  This is why so many people fail after WLS.  

I see what you're saying and will agree that WLS will HELP jumpstart a transformation, but no, it is not 100% guaranteed.  It's a proven fact.  Go to thinnertimes or other WLS websites and see the countless people who have failed.  If you use it properly, as a tool, then yes it is very successful, but if you don't put in 100% and change EVERYTHING, it will not work.  Again, you can't just rely on a surgery without effort.  (I know of a lady just two weeks ago who had WLS and had a family member sneak her in a burger king whopper while she was 1 day post op, in the hospital...)

In addition, I am now bulking (4,000cals per day)and can eat anything I want.  If I did not lift and keep my diet in check (even when clean bulking), I would gain it all back by way of fat.

I'm not cynical, nor am I at all offended at your or anyone else's comments if they're negative towards my transformation personally.  In fact, you can't even tell I had surgery anymore, and if I wanted to, I could bury it down and never bring it up again...I'm making a point now to educate those that were like me, and to stick up for them when people don't give them the credit they deserve.  It's unfair to categorize a person's success into a surgery, just the same as it is to look down on any IFBB and categorize their wins based on usage.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
There is no such thing a building muscle naturally.  Only bb drugs build muscle.....hey, Getbig says so.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
Incredible transformation!!

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »
Galeniko, I think you're confusing weight loss surgery with liposuction.  WLS does not remove any fat from the body.

Weight Loss Surgery- not cheating.  Gear- not cheating.  Synthol/implants-cheating. 

my 2 cents...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Haha, if I had a dime for every time I heard weight loss surgery was 'cheating', or better yet, I got my 'muscles' because I got surgery.  

I commend you on your weight loss efforts and hope you achieve your goals Phreak, but please don't think that any type of bariatric surgery is the easy way out, or 'little' push you would need.  Since my transformation, I have given countless talks at weight loss seminars and the biggest obstacle I've faced have been naysayers who think the same way.  I've kept an open mind throughout the entire process because of this.  

Weight Loss Surgery for a morbidly obese person is to "cheating" as steroids are to a bodybuilder looking to add mass.  I wouldn't tell a bodybuilder he's 'cheating' because he uses one thing or the next to further his physique, but that's just me...

Personally, I chose WLS after trying countless yo-yo diets with failed results.  I'd lose 50lbs and gain 70...I knew this would work, however, and I made my mind up in 2009 to forever change my life, and that's what I did.  I thank God everyday for the life he has given me and I wouldn't change anything in it, from before, how I got here, and now.
You could have just ate around 2500 calories and saved yourself the hassle.   There is nothing else to any of it other than that.

I hope this helps.

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »
So is it still considered cheating if the stomach inevitably stretches and doesn't stay small? (which happens, otherwise they'd just die in a year due to malnutrition).  

If WLS reduces the size of the stomach for an average of 6 months, and within that time frame someone loses X amount of weight, you consider it cheating.  If they gain all of the weight back within the next 6 months, they've spent 12 months on a yo-yo diet, have they not?

So under your theory, dieting in itself is cheating.  ::)    Same as a dbol/test user gaining 20lbs in 2 months, cycling off, and losing 15lbs.  So gear is cheating.

So essentially, your opinion is anyone doing anything other than eating things naturally produced in our surrounding environment is "cheating" in life.  

Yowza...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
I respectfully disagree. It's a foolproof way of losing weight. Sure some (most even) fail in the long run because of a messed up relationship with food. But this always works to a degree. It's not like taking t3 and clen, where those help, but you still have to have your diet on point.

I do realize it is a slippery slope. And I do applaud the results. But I would be much more appreciative if it had been achieved without surgery. Because to me surgery is one step too far, where pills and potions are (somewhat) acceptable.

How is it foolproof if some folks fail?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
ok, reducing stomach,then.is cheating.

simply because afterwards theres not so much room for food and epic binging left.

to reduce stomach by dieting(it happens), takes extreme willpower and effort.

Have you ever been obese? If not, you likely do not know what you are talking about?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »

How is Phreak 100% correct when he suggests it is a foolproof weight loss method? If it were foolproof, everyone who has the surgery would lose weight, which is not the case. The surgery helps folks, like you, who are committed to changing their lives.