Author Topic: "The weight is over"'s bariatric surgery spam thread  (Read 22248 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Very impressive 100% natural
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »

ah. I see where the 'natural' end of it comes into play here. not anabolics. but surgery.

interesting.

surgery is just as much a non natural application of available technology much the same as anabolic usage.

I'd actually consider surgery to be a worse transgression than anabolic usage given that no discipline is required to lose weight surgically, whereas mountains of discipline are still required to lose weight on anabolics.

that being said, I congratulate the OP in changing his body for the better. it's allowed him a new lease on life regardless the path taken and to me that's what it's about. the fact he's maintaining his losses and even bettering himself and striving to stay in shape or get into better shape is awesome.

I'd share a radically different view were he not doing this.

but 'natural'? not by a fucking longshot.

b

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Who gives a shit what he did. Imagine how he changed his life.

"Willpower", "cheating"?? Who gives a shit. Even if he decided on an easier route
then that only makes him smarter.

It's like a bb competition. No one cares, or should care, whether the winner did more/less
drugs than the next guy. What matters is what you see.

Boom!

Also, is the guy with the beard weightisover?

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2013, 03:51:32 PM »
I'm not the OP or the bearded guy, my picture was posted (not by me) 1/2 way down the 1st page, so I chimed in and kinda hijacked the thread. I have no clue who the bearded guy is.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2013, 05:13:28 PM »
I'm not the OP or the bearded guy, my picture was posted (not by me) 1/2 way down the 1st page, so I chimed in and kinda hijacked the thread. I have no clue who the bearded guy is.

great transformation

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
I don't know Prime, if you wear glasses you're cheating at reading  ;D

What if I switch to contacts?  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »
I can guarantee nobody needs weight loss surgery if they eat 2000 calories day in and day out of whatever they like.

They may need the surgery to fix the skin, but they WILL NOT need the surgery to lose any weight or to keep it off.

Sorry, its just nonsense. 

Have you ever been obese? Are you a dietician? I can lose weight whenever I chose, not everyone is this lucky....and it's not all about willpower either.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »
I'm not arguing the necessity of WLS.  WLS is only deemed a medical necessity in certain situations.  Mine was a personal decision, not a medical one.  All I am arguing is the claim that WLS is an 'easy way out' and/or easy in general, which is not the case.  Only people who have not had the surgery, or those that are not fully educated to it, will say such nonsense.

Amd my stance remains: if you haven't lost all that weight through dieting, you have no idea how hard that is. You clearly failed at dieting down from 330, otherwise you wouldn't have opted for surgery. There are people who actually lose as much or more weight by actual dieting, so I respect their efforts much more. Hell, Jared from Subway deserves more respect.

Again, not that I'm saying you did nothing. I know how hard dieting can be when monstrously obese. But I can only imagine how easy my life would be if I wasn't ravenously hungry every second of every day. Even just a three month reprieve from the hunger would allow me to lose shitloads of weight more quickly. So I'm with TA on this one.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »
Have you ever been obese? Are you a dietician? I can lose weight whenever I chose, not everyone is this lucky....and it's not all about willpower either.
Bollocks. Yes, it is all about willpower. I used to make similar excuses about myself. And yes, for some it will be much harder than others. Imagine being 300 lbs of fat, moderately active (lifting and daily cardio) and not losing weight on 2000 kcal. At that point I considered surgery myself. But you know what worked? Reducing calories even further. Yes, it sucks, eating 1500 kcal on average for 3 FUCKING YEARS. But it does work. Nobody stays fat eating nothing.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2013, 04:28:59 AM »
To 'theweightsover' just wanted to chime in buddy and say well done for the transformation, can't have been easy no matter how you went about it.

Good for you man, enjoy the extra 10 years of your life you've probably gained lol!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2013, 06:02:45 AM »
::)
Explain to me how someone can be magically fat eating 1600-1800 calories a day for example.

I`d like to hear this bullshit.

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Thank you Cyp!

Phreak...You realize after surgery you're held to a certain diet, right?  I think you have this notion that WLS is a magic fix that requires zero work, and again, if that were the case, it WOULD be a 100% success (your theory was bunked a few pages back).  There's a reason it doesn't work at all for people, and a reason that people gain their weight back...you're still held to a specific low cal/low carb/low fat/low sugar diet (for a certain period of time before the effects wear off).  It is up to the patient to make the surgery work for them, and use it as a weight loss tool, as it is intended.  Same can be said for dietary supplements.  If you take Oxy Elite Pro and don't change your eating habits, nothing happens.  If you have surgery and don't change your eating habits, nothing happens.  Thus, a strict diet is created.  But that doesn't mean you HAVE to follow it.  

Quick story...(and I apologize for anyone that comes in this thread and sees me preaching a bunch of crap.  It wasn't my intentions until I started getting on tangents.  But I digress...)

I researched gastric bypass for about a year prior to getting it (all while dieting because I still struggled with trying every diet known to man with failed result).  When I was 2 weeks post-op, I knew from research, and from being told a million times, that my stomach could now only hold the size of my thumb.  Subsequently, I could only eat mashed or pureed foods at this point.  

Not having tackled my mental downfalls and obsession/addiction of food at this point, I caved and ate an entire quesadilla.  That right there proved to me that although yes, surgery is a physical change that alters your genetic makeup, I personally believe a larger portion of success from WLS comes from a mental aspect.  All that time I had been told I'd die and keel over etc if I ate the wrong thing, and I sat and devoured a whole quesadilla in one sitting, 'defying all odds' as they'd say...It showed me that surgery was not the 'foolproof' way to lose weight.

Point being, a surgery, a pill, a shot, a steady diet of subway...it all takes WORK.  People claiming it doesn't take hard work have zero business forming an opinion based on zero experience or knowledge.  

For what it's worth (and for the 0.5% who care to see), here's another picture of my total transformation through the ups and downs (literally).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2013, 06:20:53 AM »
damn!

that's a huge difference btw 66 and 83 :o

you just gave me some good inspiration, thanks brother

and good work doing that transformation man :)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:22 AM »
To 'theweightsover' just wanted to chime in buddy and say well done for the transformation, can't have been easy no matter how you went about it.

Good for you man, enjoy the extra 10 years of your life you've probably gained lol!
but but but galeniko said he was cheating  ::)

Great job weightsover. Amazing transformation.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »
all natural training does is condition the muscle you can sustain naturally

no such thing as natural bodybuilding

clueless noob fucks go mad when i bring this great truth to them

10lbs of muscle is all you can gain from natural lifting

Dr. Greg Ellis said this years ago.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2013, 09:18:56 AM »
Thank you Cyp!

Phreak...You realize after surgery you're held to a certain diet, right?  I think you have this notion that WLS is a magic fix that requires zero work, and again, if that were the case, it WOULD be a 100% success (your theory was bunked a few pages back).  There's a reason it doesn't work at all for people, and a reason that people gain their weight back...you're still held to a specific low cal/low carb/low fat/low sugar diet (for a certain period of time before the effects wear off).  It is up to the patient to make the surgery work for them, and use it as a weight loss tool, as it is intended.  Same can be said for dietary supplements.  If you take Oxy Elite Pro and don't change your eating habits, nothing happens.  If you have surgery and don't change your eating habits, nothing happens.  Thus, a strict diet is created.  But that doesn't mean you HAVE to follow it.  

Quick story...(and I apologize for anyone that comes in this thread and sees me preaching a bunch of crap.  It wasn't my intentions until I started getting on tangents.  But I digress...)

I researched gastric bypass for about a year prior to getting it (all while dieting because I still struggled with trying every diet known to man with failed result).  When I was 2 weeks post-op, I knew from research, and from being told a million times, that my stomach could now only hold the size of my thumb.  Subsequently, I could only eat mashed or pureed foods at this point.  

Not having tackled my mental downfalls and obsession/addiction of food at this point, I caved and ate an entire quesadilla.  That right there proved to me that although yes, surgery is a physical change that alters your genetic makeup, I personally believe a larger portion of success from WLS comes from a mental aspect.  All that time I had been told I'd die and keel over etc if I ate the wrong thing, and I sat and devoured a whole quesadilla in one sitting, 'defying all odds' as they'd say...It showed me that surgery was not the 'foolproof' way to lose weight.

Point being, a surgery, a pill, a shot, a steady diet of subway...it all takes WORK.  People claiming it doesn't take hard work have zero business forming an opinion based on zero experience or knowledge.  

For what it's worth (and for the 0.5% who care to see), here's another picture of my total transformation through the ups and downs (literally).
Uh, are you aware that you could eat quesadillas every single day for the rest of your life and be in single digit bodyfat?

It makes fuck all difference what you eat.  Also, are you still a mental case who thinks they have to eat certain foods.  Do you label foods as "clean"? 

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
I am aware of "IIFYM" and losing weight, however, I think eating chicken tits and broccoli vs quesadillas everyday is better for my body.

That being said, I don't go crazy on my diet unless I'm cutting for a show.  Right now I'm "bulking"...which means I only hit a certain number of grams of protein, be it from chicken...protein powder...or the 3 chili dogs I'm eating right now  :o

I don't get insane about foods because I now know how to properly eat.  If I want donuts, I eat them.  I compensate in the gym.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
Uh, are you aware that you could eat quesadillas every single day for the rest of your life and be in single digit bodyfat?

It makes fuck all difference what you eat.  Also, are you still a mental case who thinks they have to eat certain foods.  Do you label foods as "clean"? 

Are you saying "TheCock'sLover" is the type of Broscientist that turns down a small slice of homemade baked vanilla cheesecake at a family barbeque, because it's "Empty calories", and then proceeds to eat 2000kcals of chicken breast covered in low fat dressing and then holds a 3 hour vacum pose before going home and vomiting Adam?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
It seems to me you're jumping in and trying to steal the bearded dude's thunder. You really just had to make this thread all about you.
he is not the bearded man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
I am aware of "IIFYM" and losing weight, however, I think eating chicken tits and broccoli vs quesadillas everyday is better for my body.

That being said, I don't go crazy on my diet unless I'm cutting for a show.  Right now I'm "bulking"...which means I only hit a certain number of grams of protein, be it from chicken...protein powder...or the 3 chili dogs I'm eating right now  :o

I don't get insane about foods because I now know how to properly eat.  If I want donuts, I eat them.  I compensate in the gym.
Who the fuck said anything about IIFYM.  I believe that is pointless as well.  Just pick your calorie amount and don`t worry about Protein, Fat or Carbs.  It won`t make a bit of difference whatsoever.

Fuck IIFYM, there is no point to that useless approach.  Its not necessary.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
Are you saying "TheCock'sLover" is the type of Broscientist that turns down a small slice of homemade baked vanilla cheesecake at a family barbeque, because it's "Empty calories", and then proceeds to eat 2000kcals of chicken breast covered in low fat dressing and then holds a 3 hour vacum pose before going home and vomiting Adam?

Hhahah thats precisely what I am saying.  I am also saying that given the choice of sucking a cock attached to someone with cerebral palsy versus eating a meat lovers pizza, he is going to go with the retarded penis 10 times out of 10.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
Hhahah thats precisely what I am saying.  I am also saying that given the choice of sucking a cock attached to someone with cerebral palsy versus eating a meat lovers pizza, he is going to go with the retarded penis 10 times out of 10.

Adam

are you annoyed that other members are trying to profit out of your principles

seems most of the stuff is what you have been saying for years
T

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »

Hahahaha - so beautifully cruel  ;D

TheWeightsOver

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »
My fault, I assumed the whole IIFYM thing regarded just calories, not P/F/C...I was implying yes, if you are to lose weight based on a 1,000 cal diet, you can eat whatever you want that totals 1,000.  However, the clear and obvious answer is that chicken/fish/sweet potatoes and whatever else are better for you than 1,000 cals of chocolate cake.  Disagree?

Also, I'm lost on the last few posts...my name is Adam.  Were you guys asking me if I was upset that people are using my principles, or is someone else named Adam? 

And was the "Empty Calories" comment directed at me??  Because no, I don't turn down 2,000 calories of cheesecake to eat 2,000 calories of chicken...I eat them both.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »
Bollocks. Yes, it is all about willpower. I used to make similar excuses about myself. And yes, for some it will be much harder than others. Imagine being 300 lbs of fat, moderately active (lifting and daily cardio) and not losing weight on 2000 kcal. At that point I considered surgery myself. But you know what worked? Reducing calories even further. Yes, it sucks, eating 1500 kcal on average for 3 FUCKING YEARS. But it does work. Nobody stays fat eating nothing.

I am not going to disagree with you. I have never been where you have, so I haven't had to test the strength of my willpower to the degree you have. I can say that I am impressed with what you've achieved though. Good job! Unfortunately, not everyone is as dedicated or lucky as you when it comes to that test.

My wife has fought weight issues since she was a small child. She has tried everything to lose weight over the last five decades I've known her with varying success. She has not had gastric bypass surgery. Diets work at first but don't have any sustainability with her. Eventually, old habits prevail. It has been heartbreaking at times. To suggest that she simply doesn't possess will power would be inaccurate and insulting. She did quit smoking using nothing but willpower many years ago.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
::)
Explain to me how someone can be magically fat eating 1600-1800 calories a day for example.

I`d like to hear this bullshit.

Assuming they are healthy and active, obesity probably doesn't happen on those few calories except in some rare instances. Some folks are not able to be active enough to burn even that many calories in a day, which means weight gain. There is no magic to getting fat. If there were, millions or even billions of people would not be obese. For many the problem starts before they are born and continues all their lives. Short of locking people up in a concentration camp, there is no magic that will make them thin either.