Author Topic: Report: Rick Perry Leaving Office to Run for President  (Read 4225 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Report: Rick Perry Leaving Office to Run for President
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »
Color is only one part of the demographic equation. The gender issue has to be taken into account. And this abortion business will only continue to drive them away.

Not really!! Remember that Romney got the majority of married women voters. It's the single ones that broke overwhelmingly for Obama. With that said, that's probably a 60-40 split for the Dems' 2016 pic.

The pro-life women's side is grossly underrepresented in this issue. It ain't just guys, fighting to spare the unborn from being sliced to pieces.

Again, whoever gets the GOP nod MUST HAVE the social conservatives (en masse). Like it or not, without them, no Republican is going back to the White House. Bush had those voters and he BARELY won his two election bids, especially in 2000.

Social conservatives, Fiscal conservatives, and independents/libertarians: That's the mix for victory. Anything less than that and we got another Dem in the White House in 2017.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
Perry has been seriously considered by the Bilderberg Group, having attended their meetings at least once.

They do not want a serious president (but your standards), they want a subservient president who will do what they command.

Also after the atrocity that is Barack Hussein Obama, they know America wants someone who APPEARS all American.  So he is the perfect weapon for them, in that he can dupe America for another 8 years and continue their agenda.

Ooh. The Bilderberg group... ::) For a super-secret society that runs the world they sure get a lot of publicity.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
Perry's a solid candidate.

Uhm... what? Do you even know what "solid" means in this context? What's solid about Rick Perry except his jaw line?

I've never shit on his perforamnce.  But TX is one rich ass state with a wealth of cheap labor.  I don't think we'll ever see TX going bankrupt like Cali.  Arnold could probably keep TX in the black haha

Seriously, why do you guys believe that a Governor is single-handedly responsible for how good or bad a State performs? The legislature has just as big a role - if not bigger - even in a State like Texas.

At best Perry advocated for common-sense measures. But he cannot just up and implement those and he's not even the only one to advocate for those measures anyways.

But if you read my OTHER post, coach, you'll see I support Perry running.

I genuinely don't know why you would want Perry to run, unless your sole criterion for choosing a President is "well, he looks like a manly, tough American man. Unless, in other words, you consider the Presidency to be equivalent to the Miss America pageant sans the fancy tiara and the swimsuit contest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »
Uhm... what? Do you even know what "solid" means in this context? What's solid about Rick Perry except his jaw line?

he's got presidential hair too.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

Very true!  ;)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
a silver lining; as long as he stays outta TX politics I'm happy. although to wish him on the other states, sorry, guys....
w

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »

I grant you that. He looks the part. Some may argue that's enough. For me, it isn't.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
I grant you that. He looks the part. Some may argue that's enough. For me, it isn't.

I have to agree.  Bush 3 all the way. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »
I have to agree.  Bush 3 all the way. 

america elected bush 1 once (woudl have been twice without perot 3rd party) and Bush2 twice.

why not perry?  he's everything the base wants.   big, crazy, mean, pissed off, not a pussy, and from TX :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »
I think it'll be Perry.   I'm fairly certain, at this point, that he offers the best combo of:

1) gov experience
2) military experience
3) nat'l running experience (2012 primaries)
4) good presidential looks
5) record/platform that is conservative enough to appease the base, but not too much that moderates run.

I think, out of all the names we have heard so far, Perry will win the nomination.  Rubio is a child.  Christie is horribly fat and angry and a liberal.  Rand/Cruz may just be too far right, and we know FOX will destroy them like they did to RPaul in 08 and 2012.

Perry wins it.  We'll never get to this Q about Christie in real life.  He'll look like a bloated mess up there, while Perry will be fresh from the spa, rested, eating his greens, plenty of preparation.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
The next Governer of Texas = Attorney General Greg Abbot.

You heard it here first.

Would love to see Kinky Friedman run again though. :)

I'm sorry, I don't think Americans are open minded enough to elect a man with physical challenges,
...mental challenges, no problem, ...but not quite ready for physical ones yet.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
I think it'll be Perry.   I'm fairly certain, at this point, that he offers the best combo of:

1) gov experience
2) military experience
3) nat'l running experience (2012 primaries)
4) good presidential looks
5) record/platform that is conservative enough to appease the base, but not too much that moderates run.

I think, out of all the names we have heard so far, Perry will win the nomination.  Rubio is a child.  Christie is horribly fat and angry and a liberal.  Rand/Cruz may just be too far right, and we know FOX will destroy them like they did to RPaul in 08 and 2012.

Perry wins it.  We'll never get to this Q about Christie in real life.  He'll look like a bloated mess up there, while Perry will be fresh from the spa, rested, eating his greens, plenty of preparation.

Yeah but who comes out of the primary/debate cycle unscathed. Hil won't have much of a challange so the dirt and zingers won't be there. Rand Paul, Christie and Perry will eat each other alive before they ever get to a national debate with Hil. The Repubs have said they won't do that this time but Rand isn't gonna roll over for the RNC. That said I think Perry wouldn't try and bury and overmatched Hil in a debate. Hilary has done nothing but screw up at State...despite what the media portrays. Rand and Christie would go for her throat..which then looks like bullying poor old Hil. I worry that they'll pick Perry and he'll flop. Fatso may be...fat...but he'll friggen destroy her in a debate. He's a center repub....but he's not a wack job leftist like Hil. They say Ryan will run. He's a good vice or guy on ur staff...but he's not a guy who'll do what he has to get elected. I like Perry but he was awful in 2012.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »
At one point in 2011, Perry led all other repubs by DOUBLE DIGITS at one point.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/08/16/perry_leads_republican_field_in_national_poll.html

Entirely reasonable to think - without the Uhhhh moment - he could have been much closer in 2012.

Entirely reasonable to think without a strong Romney, Mccain, Jeb, Palin, or other well-known national voice, it's Perry that wins.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
Your thread ADD fascinates me.  First you write:

"I can think of 3 reasons why Perry shouldn't run for president.

1) Was overwhelmed in debates,

2) had a poor grasp of the issues, and

Oops."

Followed by your post below.

You are like a CEO of a company who files 2 different memos on each issue and depending on the final outcome, burns the "wrong" memo.

i never said perry did a bad job as governor.

but I dont think any of us can name the last TX governor that didn't do well.  it's a rich rich state.  it's like being president of Saudi Arabia... they have a shitload of resources and major companies and the state tax thing.  It's an EXCELLENT state to run.  Oil in the hills and unlimited cheap labor.  Winning combination :) 

Perry did a very good job as governor, and would be a solid president, just as everyone else at that level would do.  Their support team would make sure of that, showing them what they need to know.  But there are probably 47 or 48 states that don't have the wealth/value of texas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
Perry working VERY hard to differentiate himself, to stand out in the 2016 race.

how?

he's becoming the repub who wants to point out that obama's not doing enough for illegals lol.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/politics/obama-texas-immigration-visit/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

oh brother.  RINO softie that will be the next nominee. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
At one point in 2011, Perry led all other repubs by DOUBLE DIGITS at one point.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/08/16/perry_leads_republican_field_in_national_poll.html

Entirely reasonable to think - without the Uhhhh moment - he could have been much closer in 2012.

Entirely reasonable to think without a strong Romney, Mccain, Jeb, Palin, or other well-known national voice, it's Perry that wins.

Because hes unbeatable on paper...but then he steps on stage and opens his mouth :-\

Perry would be good honestly, and no one can match his record and his presidential appearance, but you gotta have speaking/debating skills to make it thru the process. Lacking them will result in what happened to him in 2012

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
still, in the 2016 field, Perry has as good a chance as anyone.  He'll probably be the elder statesman in the group, and he won't be named bush.  He's already has his "oops" moment, and at the moment, immigration is hot and he's happy to be the bedwetting liberal that those fckstick repub voters all suddenly adore.  "act of love".  You punks.  You sorry little fox-news-worshipping rino liberal phonies.  

but there are enough of yall to hand the nomination to another RINO.  you're awfully good at that.  (not you Matrix, I know youre a ron paul conservative, I'm talking to those "repubs" on getbig that scream about how obama sucks then choose a candidate that is 90% same positions as obama)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »
Because hes unbeatable on paper...but then he steps on stage and opens his mouth :-\

Perry would be good honestly, and no one can match his record and his presidential appearance, but you gotta have speaking/debating skills to make it thru the process. Lacking them will result in what happened to him in 2012

True.  I really liked what I saw on paper and in a long speech he gave.  Then he opened his mouth on stage and completely changed my mind. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:40 PM »
The demographics are overplayed. Again at least three-quarters of the populus is white That number increases when you throw in the "White Hispanics" (what Zimmerman supposedly is).

The challenge will be the usually red states that flipped blue under Obama. Virginia is more blue, not because of Hispanics, but due to white libs constantly migrating from DC and Maryland (after screwing up those areas).

This is a growing pattern. Lefties take over a state, completely tear it apart with higher taxes and regulations. When they get kicked in the fiscal nuts, they bolt to a red state and start the process all over again.

Alright dude, disregard everything you say above....  let's get this shit coordinated.  Every time I go away on vacation, you pop up.  I go away.  You show up.  WTF?  You want people thinking we are the same person with a split personality or something?  Seriously dude.  I gotta PM you my travel plans or something so you don't do this shit again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »
I like perry.   Except he's to the LEFT of OBAMA on the amnesty thing.

"Oh, mr president, you're so mean, you won't get down here and let these illegals come into our country and give them food, education, and maybe some nice new shoes.  Oh mr obama, you have no heart.  Oh, barrack hussein, why you no care about the undocumented, don't you love them"

I want to spit when I hear Perry trying to coddle up with the hispanic vote.  Sorry, but LEGAL hispanics aren't going to suddenly support him because he will let lawbreakers (yes, they are 100% lawbreakers by definition) stay who look like them.  Imagine - would any of your support a candidate that let in criminals from ireland, england, or germany, etc, because you were irish or english or german?  Heck no!  Criminals are criminals.  You don't win vote by "letting in criminals with the same heritage as me!"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 06:29:19 AM »
Dumb ass

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
I like perry.   Except he's to the LEFT of OBAMA on the amnesty thing.

"Oh, mr president, you're so mean, you won't get down here and let these illegals come into our country and give them food, education, and maybe some nice new shoes.  Oh mr obama, you have no heart.  Oh, barrack hussein, why you no care about the undocumented, don't you love them"

I want to spit when I hear Perry trying to coddle up with the hispanic vote.  Sorry, but LEGAL hispanics aren't going to suddenly support him because he will let lawbreakers (yes, they are 100% lawbreakers by definition) stay who look like them.  Imagine - would any of your support a candidate that let in criminals from ireland, england, or germany, etc, because you were irish or english or german?  Heck no!  Criminals are criminals.  You don't win vote by "letting in criminals with the same heritage as me!"

I get a strong moron vibe from Perry. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
I get a strong moron vibe from Perry. 

mentally, mccain, for all his service and experience, was certainly approaching moron status by 2008. 

having those senior moments where he revealed things he should not have, admitting the war was about oil and vowing never to let us invade for oil again... even being attacked by applesauce during a shopping photo op...

and he still managed to grab 46% (?) of the popular vote just because he wasn't named hussein obama. 

So if a dude like perry, younger, better looking, and a tad sharper were to run, he could easily get 48% of the vote and give the Repubs a strong 235 electoral votes.  not enough to win, of course, since we know these bleeding heart RINOs only waste winnable elections, but enough to keep it respectable. 

Let's face it - Many voters do NOT want a highly educated person with a strong understanding of the law and world politics.  Did you know there are actually factions of the base that CELEBRATE being just an average joe with average intelligence, who would PREFER a candidate "to be someone just like me!"

They would literally prefer a candidate with a shoddy degree from 3 community colleges over one from yale or Harvard, because they distrust anyone smarter than them.  They'd prefer a sandwich artist from hoboken over a governor from wherever, because "he's one of us!"  They'd prefer an occasionally drunk, forgetful, part-time liberal whiner like Perry, because "hey, we all have drunken forgetful moments when we abandon our principles - I want a guy just like me!"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »
 ;)

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
A well established moron donning eyeglasses - thinking it will change people's perception of him - is an even bigger moron.