Author Topic: How dumb are Texans Republicans?  (Read 1725 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: How dumb are Texans Republicans?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »
Between this and Dems wanting to designate a national park on the moon, I can't help but the laugh at how pathetic our politicians are.

This.

They are all god damn fucking MORONS!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
I would have to ask, are there a lot of deaths at abortion clinics? They claim it's about safety right?

Are women dying after an abortion?

Who?

How many? What's the number?

Go ahead... I'll wait.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
I would have to ask, are there a lot of deaths at abortion clinics? They claim it's about safety right?

Are women dying after an abortion?

Who?

How many? What's the number?

Go ahead... I'll wait.

a very small percentage.  however the health risks of legal "safe" abortion are many.

47% of all abortions result in some type of physical complication
6% have resulted in total hysterectomies
6% reported cervical cancer
8% had blocked fallopian tubes
9% had infections
8% had cervical incompetence
15% had post-operative hemorrhage
22% miscarried a later wanted child
(some reported more than one complication)

i know you don't give a fuck.  you just want abortion to be legal because its very convenient.  i get it. 

let me guess.  you're going to tell me that there are so many other things that kill women that we should be worried about and you're going to tell me that I should start paying attention to those things instead of harping on abortion?

wow this sounds really familiar.  sort of like when conservative people say the same thing to you about gun control.  but you ignore their logic and then turn around and use the same logic when it suits you.  right?  just admit that you want abortion to be legal because the tv told you so and I'll shut up.  just be honest.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
also i've only known 2 girls who had abortions.  well i knew others i just wasn't very close to them.  but both of the ones that i knew had a lot of problems conceiving. their ob/gyn told them that its very common to have problems conceiving if you've had an abortion.  their abortion doctor did not tell them this.  its just a fact.  having an abortion seriously decreases the chances that you will be able to conceive.  the more and more oversight that you can have over abortion clinics the more and more of these problems you will be able to mitigate becasue most of the problems are caused by not performing the correct procedure for the patient. there are many ways to abort a child and each patient is different.  but no one wants to do that.  because you will just call it a "war on women".  you don;t want abortion to get better.  you just want more of them.  again.  i get it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »
a very small percentage.  however the health risks of legal "safe" abortion are many.

47% of all abortions result in some type of physical complication

Doc here, this is meaningless,like what? dry vagina, tissue inflammation what? there are inherent effects of this procedure, one being abortion, the rest being side effects. It's better then the 100% physical complaints from say a root canal

6% have resulted in total hysterectomies
Fair enough, botched procedures etc, this is close to the rate for most surgeries.
6% reported cervical cancer
what? how the fuck could you make that connection? gonna need to see some citations for this.
8% had blocked fallopian tubes
seems a tad high
9% had infections
sure, not that big of a deal, most invasive things have a similar rate
8% had cervical incompetence
15% had post-operative hemorrhage
oh no, bleeding from the vag, that's not something you see every month or anything.
22% miscarried a later wanted child=
(some reported more than one complication)
spurious

i know you don't give a fuck.  you just want abortion to be legal because its very convenient.  i get it. 

let me guess.  you're going to tell me that there are so many other things that kill women that we should be worried about and you're going to tell me that I should start paying attention to those things instead of harping on abortion?

wow this sounds really familiar.  sort of like when conservative people say the same thing to you about gun control.  but you ignore their logic and then turn around and use the same logic when it suits you.  right?  just admit that you want abortion to be legal because the tv told you so and I'll shut up.  just be honest.

it shouldn't be illegal, that's just stupid. Only an idiot would make it illegal in the cases of rape, incest, medical complications. Choice abortions are the only debatable thing left on the table.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
http://www.afterabortion.org/research/DeathsAssocWithAbortionJCHLP.pdf

basically it states that the scientific opinion that helped push the passage of roe v wade was faulty and that abortion actually is more dangerous than childbirth.  but no one cares because we are fighting harder to keep women's abortion a secret rather than fighting to make abortions safer.  and again,the good people (and yes i think they were good people with their heart in the right place) who fought to pass roe v wade would be disgusted at what this country is turning it into.  the whole reason we passed roe v wade was to make it safer for women.  now we ignore ways to make it safer so young girls can keep their abortion a secret.  this is not what those people were figting for.

Well, first that's a Literature Review, not a study.  And while the suicide information is interesting, a comparative analysis to all deaths just isn't impressive.  A study controlling for the multiple variables involved would be far more interesting but socioeconomic factors alone would suggest that women in poor and inherently more dangerous living environments would be at increased risk for things like homicide.

The Texas bill attempts to ban abortion after 20 weeks under the auspices that the fetus feels pain (I have no idea if that's true or not).

The Texas bill requires the physician to make 'reasonable effort' that the woman returns for a follow-up.  What the fuck does that even mean and what counts as reasonable?

The Texas bill requires parental consent.

The Texas bill doesn't exclude rape or incest.

The Texas bill is about CONTROL.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
also i've only known 2 girls who had abortions.  well i knew others i just wasn't very close to them.  but both of the ones that i knew had a lot of problems conceiving. their ob/gyn told them that its very common to have problems conceiving if you've had an abortion.  their abortion doctor did not tell them this.  its just a fact.  having an abortion seriously decreases the chances that you will be able to conceive.  the more and more oversight that you can have over abortion clinics the more and more of these problems you will be able to mitigate becasue most of the problems are caused by not performing the correct procedure for the patient. there are many ways to abort a child and each patient is different.  but no one wants to do that.  because you will just call it a "war on women".  you don;t want abortion to get better.  you just want more of them.  again.  i get it.

Well, I know more than a couple of girls who have had abortions.

No problems what so ever... This is going back over 15 years actually.

You know if you get a vasectomy, you can literally just walk into the place and say give it to me.

No one asks shit... Except "Are you sure". So it's just because it's a woman... If men had to deal with the same kind of shit, they would never put any laws up about it.

Even Insurance companies will cover almost all of the cost because they don't want to pay for extra babies on your group policy.

It really is about control of women... Which is fine, but just call it what it is.

Well, first that's a Literature Review, not a study.  And while the suicide information is interesting, a comparative analysis to all deaths just isn't impressive.  A study controlling for the multiple variables involved would be far more interesting but socioeconomic factors alone would suggest that women in poor and inherently more dangerous living environments would be at increased risk for things like homicide.

The Texas bill attempts to ban abortion after 20 weeks under the auspices that the fetus feels pain (I have no idea if that's true or not).

The Texas bill requires the physician to make 'reasonable effort' that the woman returns for a follow-up.  What the fuck does that even mean and what counts as reasonable?

Correct.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »

I have no problem with this.  make your mind up before you have a full grown fetus.

this is simply a way to make doctors a little bit more accountable for what happens to their patients.

i want to know when my child is given drugs or when they are going to have a surgical procedure performed on them.  i don't get people's problem with this.

this i have never agreed with.  i'm sure you are on the same page as me with this.  however, since children don't need parental consent to have an abortion the person who is abusing them can just tale them themselves and cover it up..  this part only helps rapists and their victims cover a crime up.  and its well documented that this happens fairly often.

its also about taking control away from parents and giving more control to the government over your children.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
How is it giving the gov't more control over someone's child?  No one is forcing a child to go get an abortion.