Author Topic: should zimmerman persue legal action against the county....  (Read 1439 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
that brought this nonsense to trial?

dont know if he could or on what grounds but if he could, should he?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: should zimmerman persue legal action against the county....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
I would think the prosecution has immunity, but maybe 33 or George could let us know.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
He will have to worry about the Martin family taking him to Civil Court first.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
I would think the prosecution has immunity, but maybe 33 or George could let us know.

not necesarily the prosecution but the county/state that allowed this idiocy to happen.

I believe the prosecution was probably required to do their job once the state/county allowed this side show attraction to proceed

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
absolutely, you know they will sue him in civil court.

It was plainly obvious the state never had a case from day one, the financial burden that fighting those charges must have been massive. Just like in civil courts suits/charges can be frivolous....much like this trial has been

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
It is my understanding that a not guilty finding I criminal cases means that the accused cannot be sued in civil court in Florida.  Can't find a reference right now.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 07:32:44 PM »
It is my understanding that a not guilty finding I criminal cases means that the accused cannot be sued in civil court in Florida.  Can't find a reference right now.

Ok, Florida may be different.
A

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »
Relevant law:

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force…

I think that this is what will cover him from that civil suit.  It will probably make it to a hearing, but should be a slam dunk considering that he was found to have been covered under the SYG law.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »
Relevant law:

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force…

I think that this is what will cover him from that civil suit.  It will probably make it to a hearing, but should be a slam dunk considering that he was found to have been covered under the SYG law.

Thank you for the clarification, kilo!
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »
He should, to try and recoup some of the money hes had to spend fighting this dumbass charge and the years hes lost of his life from stress.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 08:13:46 PM »
IM GOING TO HAVE A DRINK IN HONOR OF THE 5'6 290LB WHITE HISPANIC VIGILANTE GEORGE "CHARLES BRONSON" ZIMMERMAN.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
While his legal team can ask for part of the legal fees, I have been thinking about this, and perhaps he should thank the prosecution.  They laid almost all charges on the table that he could be charged with...hence no further criminal cases due to double jeopardy laws.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »

No he won't. Individuals who use deadly force in self-defense are immune from both criminal and civil liability under the Florida law.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
It is my understanding that a not guilty finding I criminal cases means that the accused cannot be sued in civil court in Florida.  Can't find a reference right now.

No, a person's house cannot be taken in a civil suit...that's why OJ moved there.  But I'd doubt any civil trial would do any good.  Zimmerman isn't a man with much means or income....even with the donations and I don't think he could be sued in court for it....in fact, he actually gets his gun back that he killed Trayvon with.....with he'll prob need for the rest of his life because a lot of people are coming for him
A

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
No he won't. Individuals who use deadly force in self-defense are immune from both criminal and civil liability under the Florida law.

Let's hope.  Seems to me that lawyers are pretty good at getting around shit.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 06:11:49 AM »

I already mentioned I was mistaken.
A

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 07:28:01 AM »
Zimmerman's legal team has already stated that they're on their way to getting their client immunity from any civil suit. And what would be the charges, anyway?

Name ONE THING that could be shows as a violation of civil rights, per state or federal law.

"Profiling"? PLEASE!! Since when was that a crime for private citizens?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Zimmerman's legal team has already stated that they're on their way to getting their client immunity from any civil suit. And what would be the charges, anyway?

Name ONE THING that could be shows as a violation of civil rights, per state or federal law.

"Profiling"? PLEASE!! Since when was that a crime for private citizens?

If I see a minor and I chase his ass... he runs in fear and I chase him... do I not violate his rights?

I GUARANTEE you, I can strap up and go chase some 8 years old screaming at the top of my lungs... those cops will lock me up for something... public endangerment, inciting, SOMETHING. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »
If I see a minor and I chase his ass... he runs in fear and I chase him... do I not violate his rights?

I GUARANTEE you, I can strap up and go chase some 8 years old screaming at the top of my lungs... those cops will lock me up for something... public endangerment, inciting, SOMETHING. 

Maybe if they actually have evidence of a chase.

Neither the prosecution, nor you, have been able to prove that.

But hell, why not make some shit up.

Rule #1

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
He should, to try and recoup some of the money hes had to spend fighting this dumbass charge and the years hes lost of his life from stress.

Maybe, but it is important to remember that every decision one makes produces a result. Zimmerman was not guilty of the crime he was charged with, this however doesn't mean the choice he made on that fateful day wouldn't produce some outcome. Negative actions generally produce negative results. This is something he will be living with for the rest of his life. No amount of money is going to change that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 12:48:52 PM »
Maybe if they actually have evidence of a chase.

zimm said he was running away.   zimm said he was following him, while panting.

I thought a chase was something everyone agreed on - only the time when the chase ended was in debate? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
Maybe, but it is important to remember that every decision one makes produces a result. Zimmerman was not guilty of the crime he was charged with, this however doesn't mean the choice he made on that fateful day wouldn't produce some outcome. Negative actions generally produce negative results. This is something he will be living with for the rest of his life. No amount of money is going to change that. 
Yes, but fighting a murder 2 charge that never should have been cost him something up to a quarter million, so I've heard.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

No, a person's house cannot be taken in a civil suit...that's why OJ moved there.  But I'd doubt any civil trial would do any good.  Zimmerman isn't a man with much means or income....even with the donations and I don't think he could be sued in court for it....in fact, he actually gets his gun back that he killed Trayvon with.....with he'll prob need for the rest of his life because a lot of people are coming for him

Pity on those people. Last guy didn't fair so well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
agreed, same should be said for trayvon martins actions that day as well...lets be consistent and not dismiss trayvons actions simply b/c he died as a result of both their actions