Author Topic: White HOUSE: "Youre going to want to watch this speech" MAJOR POLICY ADDRESS WED  (Read 2478 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Healthcare.  Obamacare is a Republican plan, championed by Bob Dole and Newt Gingrich once upon a time, enacted by Mitt Romney on a state level and puts Private Companies in the drivers seat for decades to come unless its repealed or replaced.  Its really a Republican`s wet dream, but somehow they have seem to forgotten that along the way.  ;)

Not one repub voted for obamacare and its the direct opposite of what Obama promised.  He is not blameless in this fiasco

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama: Reporters tell me my ideas are 'great'
The Hill ^  | 7/25/13 | Daniel Strauss

Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:33:28 PM by Nachum

President Obama said reporters praise his economic proposals as “great” and tell him they are “all good ideas.”

Obama made the remarks in a speech Wednesday in Galesburg, Ill., focused on the economy.

The address didn’t include any new proposals on the economy, and Republicans criticized Obama for giving an address that was more of the same.

But Obama said the news media often praises his ideas.

"It’s interesting, in the run-up to this speech, a lot of reporters say that, well, Mr. President, these are all good ideas, but some of you’ve said before; some of them sound great, but you can't get those through Congress. Republicans won’t agree with you," Obama said.

Obama argued some Republicans privately agree with a lot of his ideas.

“I know because they’ve said so. But they worry they’ll face swift political retaliation for cooperating with me,” he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

LMFAO 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Not one repub voted for obamacare and its the direct opposite of what Obama promised.  He is not blameless in this fiasco
It is the direct opposite of what Obama promised.  He compromised in it from the start in failing to deliver what he promised.  Its a debacle.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I think he thinks everybody voted for him and that those who do are the ones that actually make this country go. He forgets who did and didn't vote for him and then what he faces next year when Congress could go fully republican. maybe it would be best to try and get something accomplished before McConnel can just ignore is phone calls as majority leader.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I think he thinks everybody voted for him and that those who do are the ones that actually make this country go. He forgets who did and didn't vote for him and then what he faces next year when Congress could go fully republican. maybe it would be best to try and get something accomplished before McConnel can just ignore is phone calls as majority leader.

Nice Picture

too bad many of the red states have populations that are smaller than major cities in blue states

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

More than 20 Repubs voted in favor of the legislation to fund it

Here are the 20 Republicans who voted for the FY2013 funding bill, which gives the Obama Administration the money it needs to implement Obamacare.
Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Wicker (R-MS)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
And.......the bill is a disaster. His speech did nothing, more of the same. As for the picture....yeah Obama does well in hand out and free shit urban centers. Dems always do well there, hence this ridiculous immigration bill.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
And.......the bill is a disaster. His speech did nothing, more of the same. As for the picture....yeah Obama does well in hand out and free shit urban centers. Dems always do well there, hence this ridiculous immigration bill.

and  Hilary is still leading Christie 47-41 for 2016... with America knowing ALL of hilary's bullshit, and Christie still at the peak of his awesomeness.  Give him 22 months sweating on the campaign trail and he's going to look like shit and probably drop the c-bomb on a female reporter a few times.

The problem isn't obama.  The problem isn't hilary.  The problem is the PEOPLE OF AMERICA.   The dems line up with the mindset of the majority of americans.  yeah, I know, 51+% of americans "call themselves" conservatives, but far less than 50% actually act (and vote) like it.

IMO, the solution for repubs isn't to trash obama.  you tried that for 8 years, and his replacement is still favored to win the election (and if you bet on Chrispy to beat out Clinton in her final political office run, you're nuts... it's pulling out all the stops... One last run with Clinton... she'll destroy him).

The solution is to teach people about how bad the USA will become if we stay with Dem policies.  You TRIED your way - trash the kenyan.  People dont care.  Keep on making fun of michelle's weight and obama's ears, and enjoy 8 years of Clinton reign.  Or TEACH others around you what is wrong with dem POLICY.  Stop making it about personalities.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Alright as the resident Obama ballwasher...back up this shit with a link. Neither is running for president and Hil will have challengers inside her own party as will that fat fuck from Jersey.

The Repubs day in and day out lay out exactly what Obama is doing wrong you idiot. The public doesn't listen to facts, facts are boring and I know you people like to underplay the media's roll but like it or not its a huge factor. Most people who watch news still watch the networks....they all cheerlead for Obama. As much as I love Fox, they're viewership is much smaller then the networks. Most people don't read Real Clear and get both sides of an issue. Hell I read the Daily beast and jump to the Daily caller in that order. I check Drudge and then hit ace of Spades every morning. Most people here don't know who the Speaker of the House is or where Ireland is on a map. Even if Limbaugh pulls in 8 million listeners...still a small slice.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Alright as the resident Obama ballwasher...back up this shit with a link. Neither is running for president and Hil will have challengers inside her own party as will that fat fuck from Jersey.

July 23 poll.. hilary 47, Christie 41
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/23/197467/2016-poll-hillarys-the-democrat.html

Keep bashing obama.  bash hilary too.  When christie gets on the debate stage, let him go ahead and embrace all those far-right republican ideals that he doesn't really believe in.  Lukewarm candidates worked so well for the GOP in 08 and 2012. 

OR

Christie doesn't have to be the dirsrespectful prick that romney is.  Maybe he is respectful and says Hilary, thank you for your service, you are a great american, as is Bill - but your POLICY is flawed, and here is why.

I don't think GOP will do that.  It'll be all about bashing hilary for bubba's BJs and her dress color and her bad hair, etc.  Turn on Rush, he talks about that trivial shit (and race, etc) way more than real policy -

And FRANKLY, I think that disrespect shit turns off the swing voters that choose every president.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
What debates and election did you watch......instead of hammering Obama on Libya he was forced to deal with a lib moderator cheerleading for him. You try to act smart on this shit but you're just not. Chritie won't get the nomination. We went down the rino road in 2008 and 2012 it doesn't work. Hil fucked up in Libya, she's now tied to it. She can own it. She did nothing as Sec State.....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What debates and election did you watch......instead of hammering Obama on Libya he was forced to deal with a lib moderator cheerleading for him. You try to act smart on this shit but you're just not. Chritie won't get the nomination. We went down the rino road in 2008 and 2012 it doesn't work. Hil fucked up in Libya, she's now tied to it. She can own it. She did nothing as Sec State.....

I would love to see Rand/Cruz in 2016.   but if I had to bet, I'd count on a Christie/Rubio or Chrstie/MCdonnell ticket.  You can count on Hannity, Levin shitting all over the Paul namesake because of his "extreme" views.  If he doesn't promise to start 3 wars in 3 years, suddenly he's a pusssy.

Hil did nothing as sec of state... guess what, obama won in 2008 having done nothing.  won re-election in 2012 having done nothing.  swing voters don't care.

I'm not saying it's RIGHT.  I'm saying it's how it is.  I can observe without endorsing this shit.  I'd love to see Rand paul as my next president.  Maybe I'm a pessimist predicting Hilary wins 340 electoral votes over Christie.

Geez, imagine how gross Christie will look, given the stresses of the campaign trail.  He won't be a handsome man when dehydrated and scrawny.  He looks like shit well-rested.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Christie being fat is an issue on the big stage...but his politics won't get him the nomination among republicans. If he hadn't polished Obama's knob during the hurricane maybe things would be different. Hil is tied to a scandal and she'll face opposition by her own party that could well damage her before the nomination, much like Romney faced. Rand is nuts, he'd be ok but own't get the nomination. That leaves Rubio who basically torpedoed his chances with the immigration thing. I think Cruz might run and being here in Texas, I'll work for him. He'll have a tough a time getti g the nomination as anybody.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Christie being fat is an issue on the big stage...but his politics won't get him the nomination among republicans. If he hadn't polished Obama's knob during the hurricane maybe things would be different. Hil is tied to a scandal and she'll face opposition by her own party that could well damage her before the nomination, much like Romney faced. Rand is nuts, he'd be ok but own't get the nomination. That leaves Rubio who basically torpedoed his chances with the immigration thing. I think Cruz might run and being here in Texas, I'll work for him. He'll have a tough a time getti g the nomination as anybody.

I think only 25% of the party will like Christie... BUT with 5-6 actual conservatives fighting over the rest of the vote, it'll be like 2008 or 2012 all over again.  Mccain was a mess, romney was a RINO... majority of party HATED them - BUT they got lucky on the math because there were so many conservatives running.

IF ONLY Rand, Cruz, Rubio, Perry, etc could sit down and just make up a 1/2 ticket they could all agree upon, Christie would have no chance.  But I think he'll squeak by, just letting the conservatives try to "out-right" each other signing pledges, promising wars, banning this or that... they get kinda extreme trying to win the base.  In the process, they become unelectable.

it'll all come down to who Rush and Hannity pick.  They won't pick a true conservative.  They want a RINO.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
The repubs are concentrating on Congress. They win regional and local elections and building a ground game on that. If they can translate that to 2016 I think you get a more coherent campaign. There will be blood letting on the dem side. The folks who like Hil and the folks who like obama are not the same dems. Obama will have an heir and then there'll be the Clintons.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Further....if the Republicans control Congress, that will shade how the Repub nominee behaves and maybe who the Dems pick. They could conceed 4 years to the repubs......or field a weaker candidate to build for 2020.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
The repubs are concentrating on Congress. They win regional and local elections and building a ground game on that. If they can translate that to 2016 I think you get a more coherent campaign. There will be blood letting on the dem side. The folks who like Hil and the folks who like obama are not the same dems. Obama will have an heir and then there'll be the Clintons.

disagree.  because in 2010, they PWNED the shit outta the dems to win house.  2 years later, they chose romney. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
They won local elections and the ground game that should have developed from the tea party didn't materialize. The IRS had a part in that. Also I think the repubs thought that the turn out would be, by default bigger, and the economy would be enough. They making sure that such things don't happen. There are plenty of tea party candidates that aren't crazy like the last batch who ran in 2012 and ensured that the repubs lost the senate. Theyre working to torpedo McCauliff in Virginia. Even if they loose the wh, as long as we have Congress..I'm good.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They won local elections and the ground game that should have developed from the tea party didn't materialize. The IRS had a part in that. Also I think the repubs thought that the turn out would be, by default bigger, and the economy would be enough. They making sure that such things don't happen. There are plenty of tea party candidates that aren't crazy like the last batch who ran in 2012 and ensured that the repubs lost the senate. Theyre working to torpedo McCauliff in Virginia. Even if they loose the wh, as long as we have Congress..I'm good.

I dunno dude... blaming the IRS because the tea party didn't materialize?   Their candidates had national momentum and a network behind them - they just didn't deliver.  Half of them became RINOS as soon as they were sworn in.  The other half promised gridlock, delivered, and were ostracized from the party - many lost or didn't even get backing this time around in 2012.

Yes, Obama belongs impeached for the irs stuff and only isn't because "repubs" have no fcking balls. 

But as long as the GOP is DIVIDED - and they are - It's gonna be hard to win senate or white house.   They're half-RINO, half-conservative. Dems are only 40% of Americans... but it's enough to win majority, unfortunately.