Author Topic: sumu Deadlifts vs "Deadlifts"  (Read 2207 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
sumu Deadlifts vs "Deadlifts"
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
never see this much ...but a good lift

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: sumu Deadlifts vs "Deadlifts"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
I could never get the groove of sumo deads, neber felt right to me so I haven't done them in years.
I do disagree with this guy as far as quads being a primary target for deads, once the bar passes the knee it's all low back and hip drive, before the knee it's quads/hips/low back. Good luck! :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
I had to switch to sumos after developing piriformis syndrome, and while they're still a kind of deadlift, they're just not fun the way conventional deads were.

the problem is if you're not perfectly in the groove from the start, you're not likely to be able to ''muscle'' or grind the lift up like a conventional deadlift. So maxing becomes this head game when you start worrying about bombing before you even touch the bar

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
I could never get the groove of sumo deads, neber felt right to me so I haven't done them in years.
I do disagree with this guy as far as quads being a primary target for deads, once the bar passes the knee it's all low back and hip drive, before the knee it's quads/hips/low back. Good luck! :)
yes i agree. The Quads are trained but not to the degree claimed like a squat. I have trained back with Deadlifts and 1 or 2 day later squated but i do not Train like some of the big Boys here with massive weight. My lower back is quite strong however and i am small but stocky.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »
From a BB perspecitve they are both pretty useless.
When I need extra back hypertrophy I do stiff legged deadlifts standing on a plate. My back is round at the start and I take it to full extension with the knees
You need very strong abs to do this so it's not for the girly waisted people!