Author Topic: All things LA Lakers  (Read 42352 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: All things LA Lakers
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
so you can see the decline, we can go back and forth, I wont count this year cause his been out.
I hope his back at full strength next season. Gasol apparently is off to the suns..according to espn.

Decline of who?  Kobe?  No.  He had one of the best years of his career last year.  Best I saw him play since the 2000 championship run. 

The team declined, but that's because Phil retired, they hired Mike Brown, etc. 

Suns are asking for Pau.  Nothing definite yet. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
Decline of who?  Kobe?  No.  He had one of the best years of his career last year.  Best I saw him play since the 2000 championship run. 

The team declined, but that's because Phil retired, they hired Mike Brown, etc. 

Suns are asking for Pau.  Nothing definite yet. 

By decline I mean age, he can grow old over night, it happens to many athletes. Kobe is falling apart.
Suns will get Pau, If I was Pau I would ask to leave. They have embarrassed him enough over the last 3 years.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
By decline I mean age, he can grow old over night, it happens to many athletes. Kobe is falling apart.
Suns will get Pau, If I was Pau I would ask to leave. They have embarrassed him enough over the last 3 years.

I'm reserving my opinion about Kobe's health. 

I agree about Pau.  They have been straight up disrespecting him by constantly using him as trade bait.  I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving.  They have showed him no loyalty at all. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
I'm reserving my opinion about Kobe's health. 

I agree about Pau.  They have been straight up disrespecting him by constantly using him as trade bait.  I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving.  They have showed him no loyalty at all. 

Pau's agent should tell the lakers "we are holding out" im sure Gasol's heart is in LA but enough is enough.
If he stays and they get a draft pick, then his 10000% gone.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »
Pau's agent should tell the lakers "we are holding out" im sure Gasol's heart is in LA but enough is enough.
If he stays and they get a draft pick, then his 10000% gone.

He's out for two weeks with a groin injury.  Too bad, because he was balling. 

Nash and Blake came back yesterday, but didn't matter with Pau out.  I actually hope they continue improve their draft lottery position. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
Watch out for the Wizards!

Dominated the Thunder and Blazers at home recently. Almost beat the Spurs in double overtime!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
Blazers.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
lakers going cheap cut a guy on a 10 day contract , and ran out of players last night. they only dressed 8  with injuries and foul outs a little used rule was evoked and the game was allowed to continue. [ last guy to foul out was allowed to re-enter the game the caveot being every additional foul he committed was considered a tech foul with and extra shot given.} this is unheard of give a couple 10 day contracts ya cheap bastards.
F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
My poor Lakers are snake bitten again.  Get Blake, Nash, and Farmar back, lose Pau, Young, and Hill. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »
lost to the Wizards
I saw that they were "off" today.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
My poor Lakers are snake bitten again.  Get Blake, Nash, and Farmar back, lose Pau, Young, and Hill. 

this is a good thing, you may get the top 3 pick in the draft, maybe Carmelo, hopefully a rejuvenated Kobe, its a blessing in disguise.

if they get the first pick and get wiggins, no need for melo. But Wiggins has dropped a bit according to Espn, so they can go for that bigger player, jabarri parker or joel emmbid the centre...his ranking number one now.

I actually think this season is boring without Kobe. he will be missed when he retires.

BTW where are you arce? he may not have access to the net, but he is missed here too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
this is a good thing, you may get the top 3 pick in the draft, maybe Carmelo, hopefully a rejuvenated Kobe, its a blessing in disguise.

if they get the first pick and get wiggins, no need for melo. But Wiggins has dropped a bit according to Espn, so they can go for that bigger player, jabarri parker or joel emmbid the centre...his ranking number one now.

I actually think this season is boring without Kobe. he will be missed when he retires.

BTW where are you arce? he may not have access to the net, but he is missed here too.

Yeah.  They need to tank for a better draft pick, but it's painful to watch. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »
For 20 yrs old Anthony Davis is starting to teach these men something. Glad they rewarded him with making the all star team today.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2014, 02:55:24 PM »
Lakers = go down again.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2014, 12:27:41 AM »
I'm feeling bad for Nash right now.  He's fighting like hell but that leg injury really has him fucked up.

The Lakers team is hard to watch right now.  So full of scrubs.  I fucking hate Mike D'Antoni so much.  I'm counting the days until they fire that chode.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2014, 05:04:46 AM »
I'm feeling bad for Nash right now.  He's fighting like hell but that leg injury really has him fucked up.

The Lakers team is hard to watch right now.  So full of scrubs.  I fucking hate Mike D'Antoni so much.  I'm counting the days until they fire that chode.   

even arce text me to tell me the same thing.

That coach is horrible, may as well tank the season( no need to, there playing badly anyhow) Nash is finished, you cannot fight father time. He wont retire as they wont pay him, he will just have to wait it out. Good career though.
Kobe should try come back and just warm up for next year and if his knees or ankle blow out again then its a terrible deal they gave him. Father time is lurking in LA for sure.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »

I feel sorry for Nash too.  He's done. 

One of the sad things about the Lakers is they have a lot of good role players on the team.  But they cannot compete with just role players.  And no team can handle the kinds of injuries they continue to suffer.  It's insane how many there have been the past two years. 

I agree about D'Antoni.  Counting the days too. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »
I feel sorry for Nash too.  He's done. 

One of the sad things about the Lakers is they have a lot of good role players on the team.  But they cannot compete with just role players.  And no team can handle the kinds of injuries they continue to suffer.  It's insane how many there have been the past two years. 

I agree about D'Antoni.  Counting the days too. 

who else is going to coach them, don't sat phil, he is to old, he cannot even walk anymore.
Lakers needs are formidable team, FFS I was going to fly to LA to watch them play, now im flying to Miami to watch them vs the knicks.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
who else is going to coach them, don't sat phil, he is to old, he cannot even walk anymore.
Lakers needs are formidable team, FFS I was going to fly to LA to watch them play, now im flying to Miami to watch them vs the knicks.

Off the top of my head one name that jumps out at me is Byron Scott.  He took NJ to the finals a couple of times.  I think he is a guy that can be successful if he has some talent to work with.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »
Off the top of my head one name that jumps out at me is Byron Scott.  He took NJ to the finals a couple of times.  I think he is a guy that can be successful if he has some talent to work with.

whats he doing now?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »

I don't know who will coach them.  Phil will come back if the stars align and they sign LeBron.  Other than that, it could be a former Laker:  Rambis, Scott, or Shaw.  Wouldn't mind trying to pry Jackson away from Golden State. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:05 AM »
whats he doing now?

He does the Lakers halftime show with James Worthy.  He doesn't do it every game.  Sometimes Luke Walton is in his spot.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »
I don't know who will coach them.  Phil will come back if the stars align and they sign LeBron.  Other than that, it could be a former Laker:  Rambis, Scott, or Shaw.  Wouldn't mind trying to pry Jackson away from Golden State. 

LOL....Not a chance. He's staying in Miami, without a doubt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
LOL....Not a chance. He's staying in Miami, without a doubt.

I don't think he's coming to LA, but it's not a given that he's staying in Miami. 

That said, one thing I will not do is bet against Mitch Kupchak.  Whether it's LeBron or someone else, he's going to build a contender again soon.