Author Topic: 2013 Olympia - Phil Heath Trains Chest 8 weeks out  (Read 9263 times)

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
Re: Phil Heath Trains Chest 8-weeks out
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 08:00:51 AM »
I think Phil Heath purposes doesn't overdo it, he has talked about not wanting to be injured in the past, so why go all ronnie Coleman with the weights? We saw what he could do during the Bench Press contest, and he has said before he became Mr. O that he wanted to see how big he could get his arms...I think what works for him, works for him...Ronnie and Dorian both had training injuries, that hurt their chances to keep their titles. I think Phil is trying to avoid that.
Agreed brotha,
Shawn Ray said it best, in the battle for the O 2000, when it was competion time most bodybuilders are NOT Ronnie Coleman, Levrone, Yates. He goes on to say, he was there for the longevity, and lists  the many injuries, that his fellow competitors succumb too.

I am always in awe when I watch Ronnie's unbelievable, (what was he 5-4 weeks out?!?!) and also, feel spoiled, because that has been the mentality of many people, for the past 13 years, and I look at Ronnie now and sure he has 8 sandow trophies,but I sure as hell would not want/wish  any of his injuries he incurred, to myself or anyone else for the matter. (Branch comes to mind)

On a training note, Phil rep all that stuff with ease.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »
phil reminds me of flex wheeler's training
weak, lazy, no intensity

just like Flex,a genetically gifted super responder to steroids

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »
phil reminds me of flex wheeler's training
weak, lazy, no intensity

just like Flex,a genetically gifted super responder to steroids
I gather that you didn't watch the video, and haven't seen his Bench Press Contest vid...and I guess you forgot how Charles glass himself had to tell Flex to back off of the heavy training.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »
Some crazy strong guys on this board. It's pre contest and he did flies prior to dumbbell pressing. If I pre exhaust with flies I can't bench anything.

klow10

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »
Bodybuilding died when he became mr O

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »
Bodybuilding died when Jay became mr O
fixed.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 05:52:49 AM »
I gather that you didn't watch the video, and haven't seen his Bench Press Contest vid...and I guess you forgot how Charles glass himself had to tell Flex to back off of the heavy training.

guys on here confuse intensity with balling.  flex intensity fell off when his kidneys declined but at the point he was sick anyway. phil's workouts are similar to jay's, just enough poundage to hit the muscle and get max reps.  as noted, phil just has better response to gear.  i'm not sure to this date where people come up with genetics and bbing. if he had genetics, he would have been in the nba.  i guess gear response equals genetics in the World of Men in Thongs.  

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2013 Olympia - Phil Heath Trains Chest 8 weeks out
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »

Current and reigning Mr. Olympia - no stopping him this year

Till_I-Collapse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
I like his head phone. They seem wireless too.

Any one knows what brand is this?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »
a mr o should look like this

white aryan,tall and wide.

when nothing will change i can only consider these "top" bbing shows like mr o a joke.

Till_I-Collapse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »

I have done my search. The wireless headphones Phil is using are Parrot Zik, claimed to be the most advanced headphones available today. Very good choice.

First time I feel impressed with a gadget used by Mr. Olympia (excluding the Bently of course)

I am ordering mine today, they have very sleek design, noise cancellation, and top notch technology. It's about $400 peace but I think it's worth it.

Check them out here,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081TH24O/ref=wtb_twitter_Zik

This is The Zik web site:

http://www.parrot.com/zik/usa/mobile/

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:12 AM »
We live in a society where a book costs 15$ and nobody's intrested while you think a 400$ pair of headphones is worth it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »
We live in a society where a book costs 15$ and nobody's intrested while you think a 400$ pair of headphones is worth it.
damn

good point

Till_I-Collapse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2013, 03:44:33 AM »

It's is not about how rich you are, I spare no expenses and always think of money as not an issue.

Maybe you should read the secret. It makes a few good points, and change your perspective about money!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2013, 04:02:43 AM »
Bragging about pressing 6 plates on the Hammer machine chest press, but struggles with flat 140lb dumbell presses  ::) ::)

Two Time Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath takes us through an intense chest workout in preparation for the 2013 Mr Olympia. In this video, Mr. Olympia is 8 weeks out from the biggest show of his life.

Check out the intensity of Mr. Olympia in this video!

In this training video shot by Isaac Hinds ie Lift Studios, The Gift cranks out some intense weight making heavy compound movements look like a breeze.

Phil Heath who?  ???

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
a mr o should look like this

white Caucasian,tall and wide.

when nothing will change i can only consider these "top" bbing shows like mr o a joke.

Gunter had a great physique, and a good attitude with the fans. Surprised he didn't win more shows or go further in the industry . . .

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
My brother sells pro audio, these headphones are garbage. You are paying 350 bucks too much for that crap ( same as beats by dre).